My version of the Winnipeg Jets

dcameronh

So I thought I would through my hat in the ring of Winnipeg Jets concepts. I like the old logo so I kept that but created a secondary base on the old logo. I also wanted to do jerseys base off older Jets jerseys but update them a bit. As for the colors, I tried to keep the blue and red of the old Jets but I used the Atlanta Thrashers blue and red and also added the Thrashers gold/yellow to the mix to change it up a bit and to keep a bit of history to the Thrashers. Anyways, let me know what you think.

Home jersey

Jets-home-jersey.png

Away jersey

Jets-away-jersey.png

Alternate jersey

Jets-alt-jersey.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do like the gold/yellow but maybe it is a bit much. All these colors I took directly from the Thrashers but it also reminds me of the KC Scouts as well. I wasn't going that way but now that I look at it, that is what it reminds me of.

I thought of using silver instead but I've seen a number of concepts using silver and I wanted to try something else. I also was thinking of using the Thrashers "Ice Blue" or their copper instead of gold so maybe I'll work on a few ideas this weekend.

With the secondary logo, I'm not sure I really like it but I like the idea of a "W" with a stylized jet or maybe even a W and J together. I just tried to use the parts of the original logo so that it works together and was not so out of place if it was too modern. Any ideas for that would be great too.

Anyways, thanks for the comments and keep them coming.

I found some time tonight and made up some updates. I decided to use the Thrashers "ice blue" and I think it looks better then the gold/yellow and I think it is a little more then just silver. I also tweeked the sencondary sholder patch as well. Anyways, let me know what you think of these.

Home jersey

Jets-home-jersey-2.png

Away Jersey

Jets-away-jersey-2.png

Alternate Jersey

Jets-alt-jersey-2.png

I prefer the re-do, but the first set reminds me of the old Blues unis when they first added red (Before it took over)

The alt is the best thing about both sets--something like that would work well I believe.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

those colors don't go well together. Those are the Chicago Wolves colors if i'm not mistaken.

Pretty sure they are the Thrashers colors, minus light blue..

And while I can't say the shades of red and yellow are exactly the same or not, I can say that the wolves colors include black; not navy.

On the main topic, I like both sets (gold/yellow and light blue), but the connection to the Thrashers might be too direct and light blue is over used. The design of the sweaters is classy, but on the third, I'd make two changes: get rid of the phantom shoulder yoke/piping and straighten the logo to match with the primary logo.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I found some time tonight and made up some updates. I decided to use the Thrashers "ice blue" and I think it looks better then the gold/yellow and I think it is a little more then just silver. I also tweeked the sencondary sholder patch as well. Anyways, let me know what you think of these.

Home jersey

Jets-home-jersey-2.png

Away Jersey

Jets-away-jersey-2.png

Alternate Jersey

Jets-alt-jersey-2.png

I am in absolute love with the new take on the secondary logo. Simple , clean yet says it all and fits with the identity. I dont dislike the ice blue but I think the silver idea might be the way to go.

but thats what this team is. It has the history of the Thrashers, not the history of the 1996 winnipeg jets.

That may be right on paper, but in Winnipeg, the Jets are the Jets, not a version of the Thrashers. If the Jets are really the Thrashers, that would mean the greatest Jet of all time was Ilya Kovalchuk.

Doesn't quite sound right.

The Jets have the rare luxury of having two different histories to draw from. That's what dcameronh is trying to show.

Back on-topic, switch the ice blue and the red around, use a brighter red, and you've got a winner.

Archived