State/Province hockey uniforms

IronChefShark

Monochromatic... it won't fly with the Yankees only a few states away.

???

Vermont?

The crest is genius! with only two coulours, convey that 3-D feel and movement?

It's perfect use of a tool that is too often overused: the Gradient...

You have to look at all the elements before making such a comment...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the gradient is a great tool....when used in the right manner

however, if utilized the wrong way, it could result in a disaster (just ask the canucks :D )

Agreed...

Surprisingly, they didn't make it to ESPN Page2's worst uniform, or have they?

In my book, by fr the worst concept ever (some say the other Nucks- "V", but I love it)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Monochromatic... it won't fly with the Yankees only a few states away.

???

Vermont?

The crest is genius! with only two coulours, convey that 3-D feel and movement?

You have to look at all the elements before making such a comment...

It was a joke...

Team New York

newyorkHockey.gif

newyorkLogo.gif

NY.gif

(yes, it can be considered "monochromatic". lets get that out of the way now before some troll makes an issue of it)

its washington capitals blue and basic NHL silver-gray. I felt the caps blue would be a happy medium between the rangers and islanders blues, whereas the silver would appease sabres fans.

the crest is obviously modeled after the rangers shield. at top is an image of Niagara Falls, representing upstate New York. at bottom is an image of the Manhattan skyline (obvious where I got that component from isnt it) representing the more populous southern half of the state.

I did my absolute best to make sure this concept represented New York STATE rather then just New York City. I felt I suceeded in that aspect

just curious Shark...

How did you decide the color combinations for some of the states? I know you explained some (state flowers, seals, animals in one case I think), but I just wonder if some schemes were arbitrary. Same question for some of the mottos ("Old Colony" for Mass., for example).

It also looked like you tried to get away from clichés with some of the crests. No lobsters for Maine or Massachusetts. :D Can't wait to see what you come up with for Rhode Island...except for corrupt politicians and good strip clubs, I can't think of much else that would symbolize the state.

Not complaining at all, just looking into the thought process. Keep up the good stuff.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

just curious Shark...

How did you decide the color combinations for some of the states? I know you explained some (state flowers, seals, animals in one case I think), but I just wonder if some schemes were arbitrary. Same question for some of the mottos ("Old Colony" for Mass., for example).

It also looked like you tried to get away from clichés with some of the crests. No lobsters for Maine or Massachusetts. :D Can't wait to see what you come up with for Rhode Island...except for corrupt politicians and good strip clubs, I can't think of much else that would symbolize the state.

Not complaining at all, just looking into the thought process. Keep up the good stuff.

I look at it all to get my idea for color combos.

state birds, state flowers, state gems, state rocks, license plates, landmarks, teams within the state......

mainly because I didnt want just about every jersey to be predominantly blue with a state seal slapped on it.

some state flags lend themselves well to hockey jersey design (such as arizona, new mexico, alaska) while others look rather bastardized from one another and thus mixing things up was in order. which is why I looked to other sources to get my color scheme ideas (like the purple for idaho, louisiana, and new hampshire; and the orange for florida)

and would you believe I ALMOST put a lobster on the Maine jerseys? :P

Ive allready got color scheme picked out for Rhode Island, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and North Carolina. as of this post I believe I only have 11 more states to go on this thing :blink::D

It also looked like you tried to get away from clichés with some of the crests. No lobsters for Maine or Massachusetts.

Well, I'd like to point out that once upon a time there was a block of cheese on the Wisconsin crest... fortunatley, good sense prevailed and it was replaced with a badger.

And yes, I've made it my mission to preserve southern Wisconsinites, and more specifically, Milwaukeeans, from sterotypical images caused by the uncultured (unless you call hunting deer and wearing cheese "culture") fools up north.

But as far as Rhode Island... y'all got Family Guy which is only to your credit. And isn't that also where New Yorkers go to see leaves change color?

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Yea, I like New York but I don't like the Ranger shield inspiration for the logo. Remember there are 2 other teams in the NHL that play in the state of New York besides the Rangers.

I like the colors, and the city outline and Niagrafalls for the logo. I just don't like the shield outline beacuse of what I said.

Yea, I like New York but I don't like the Ranger shield inspiration for the logo. Remember there are 2 other teams in the NHL that play in the state of New York besides the Rangers.

True, but neither the Sabres nor the Islanders matter in New York in terms of hockey. The Rangers are THE New York hockey franchise. The Yankees are THE NY baseball team, the Knicks are THE NY basketball team (once the Nets move to Bklyn, it still won't matter).

Besides... Long Island and Buffalo don't really matter. Personally, NY State is comprised of Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and the Bronx, and ends at the Cat Skills. Past that is Canada. Staten Island and Long Island, well... they're just floating land masses that are clinging onto NY because they want to be cool. ^_^

So with that said, I think the choice of the Rangers shield is excellent. Besides, the Islanders crest is just a circle in shape and the Sabres, well, kinda tough to do anything with a Buffalo head. Awesome work ICS... I'd wear that NY jersey any day. :notworthy:

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

True, but neither the Sabres nor the Islanders matter in New York in terms of hockey. The Rangers are THE New York hockey franchise. The Yankees are THE NY baseball team, the Knicks are THE NY basketball team (once the Nets move to Bklyn, it still won't matter).

Besides... Long Island and Buffalo don't really matter. Personally, NY State is comprised of Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and the Bronx, and ends at the Cat Skills. Past that is Canada. Staten Island and Long Island, well... they're just floating land masses that are clinging onto NY because they want to be cool. ^_^

So with that said, I think the choice of the Rangers shield is excellent. Besides, the Islanders crest is just a circle in shape and the Sabres, well, kinda tough to do anything with a Buffalo head. Awesome work ICS... I'd wear that NY jersey any day. :notworthy:

last time i checked the islanders were making the playoffs while the rangers were still sighning has-beens and sstuck in last place.

last time i checked the islanders were making the playoffs while the rangers were still sighning has-beens and sstuck in last place.

Forget about how the teams are currently doing. When you think NY Hockey, you think NY Rangers. But aside from which teams are representing what state... from a shape standpoint, I think the shield was great, especially the way you worked in the upstate and the city into it. Representing the Sabres and/or Islanders just wouldn't have been as effective IMO.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Besides... Long Island and Buffalo don't really matter.

:rolleyes:

I would've expected someone who went to an Arts high school to be a little more open minded. In case you forgot, Long Island alone has a population somwhere around 2 million. (A lot of the rich folk from the city even come out to the Hamptons to have some peace and quiet, and so they can have enough room to breathe every once in a while.) You're also excluding the highly populated Westchester and Scarsdale areas, as well as forgetting our state capital (Albany), and many other important parts of the state. Whoops!

I don't hate the city, I just hate the mentality that a lot of city folks have regarding Long Island and the rest of the state.

ICS, I've been waiting anxiously for the New York jersey and I think you did a great job with it. Looks like you got the color scheme off of our new license plates, which is a very nice move. Classy move to include Niagra in the logo. Excellent work!

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Team Connecticut

connecticutHockey.gif

connecticutLogo.gif

CT.gif

turns out that the sperm whale is the state animal of connecticut. and of course we all know the tie-in that type of animal has with hockey in that state. so I put an image of one on a shield thats reminiscent of the one on the state coat of arms

Archived