Football jersey from 'The Dark Knight Rises' revealed

rentz

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Product placement is a necessary evil, especially for a movie that costs as much to make as this.

2. "Madden Create a Team" is the new "needs stripes."

3. Tom O'Grady is a dick.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Just saw this from a post on the UniWatch site. Wow. Talk about bringing a professional look to a professional league! So much so I used TouchdownIndia as my username.

http://www.gameplancreative.com/clients/efli/efli_launch/index.html

Impressive!!! The Bengals could learn a few things from that Blacktigers logo.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Why would a team called the Rogues wear bright ass yellow.

I'll bet it's because most of the seats in Heinz Field are Yellow.

04_Hou_Heinz_Field_44920.jpg

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

ColorWerx is 100% correct.

I have to agree, this seems to make complete sense.

Probably has more to do with the fact several of the scenes for the movie are being filmed in Pittsburgh(not just at Heinz field) and Thoms Tull, who is a minority owner of the Steelers franchise is also an Executive Producer for the Dark Knight Rises.

Why would a team called the Rogues wear bright ass yellow.

I'll bet it's because most of the seats in Heinz Field are Yellow.

04_Hou_Heinz_Field_44920.jpg

Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

ColorWerx is 100% correct.

I have to agree, this seems to make complete sense.

Probably has more to do with the fact several of the scenes for the movie are being filmed in Pittsburgh(not just at Heinz field) and Thoms Tull, who is a minority owner of the Steelers franchise is also an Executive Producer for the Dark Knight Rises.

Plus extras can show up in their Steelers gear and it matches the colors of the Gotham Team.

raiders-2.png

1. Product placement is a necessary evil, especially for a movie that costs as much to make as this.

2. "Madden Create a Team" is the new "needs stripes."

3. Tom O'Grady is a dick.

I rather see someone drinking a can of Pepsi in the movies or TV, than the old days when they had a can that said Soda.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Hehe, true enough :D

The colours are good enough though, and I'm really liking that 50 yard line logo. One has to wonder why a team that plays in a large northeast/midwest metropolitan area would go with a cowboy theme, however.

Sorry, I'm calling "bull :censored: " on this one. We're talking about an established franchise with serious box office returns. The prior installment brought in a billion dollars in ticket sales alone. There's no way that this won't make its money back, so no real risk. In fact, the producing partners were fighting about who would get to put more money into the production.

This isn't a little independent film that needs to cobble together enough cash to make a print for investor pitches. There's no shortage of cash behind this one.

True enough, but I do find myself agreeing with Tank that product placement does add to the illusion. Someone drinking Generic Cola does take me out of the film in a way that a character drinking Coca-Cola or Pepsi wouldn't.

Granted, you also have a very good point, that a line's crossed when the director focuses on the product to the point that it impacts the film. I guess I'm saying that product placement is good, because it leads to more realistic set pieces, but it needs to be kept in the background.

Archived