Football jersey from 'The Dark Knight Rises' revealed

rentz

Maybe Gotham has two teams. Maybe this is a concurrent league. Maybe the other league folded, and this is a new league. Maybe the slimeball owner of the Knights left town with the team's history and the Rogues are an expansion team. Maybe any of these scenarios were not particularly important to Batman, so they weren't mentioned in the comics. Is this something to even get upset about?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent all day yesterday at the filming and 7 hours of today driving back home so I'm at little late to the party but in person the uniforms weren't bad. There were definitely a few things that drove me crazy as a uniform/sports fan (players that aren't quarterbacks or kickers wearing single digits bugs the crap out of me). But personally after seeing the uniforms as a set I didn't think they were too bad, although the silver looks way to forced in as a third color in both the uniform and midfield logo. The Rapid City Monuments away uniforms however looked pretty bad (storm trooper white set with mismatched striping patters and an identity crisis over whether green or blue was there primary color. I have a few camera pic from yesterday I'll try and get up if anyone has interest in seeing them, if not I probably wont go out of my way to do it.

I don't have a problem in part because "Knights" is too on-the-nose, a silly wink to readers, and is in the title of the film.

Secondly, comics readers are such a small percentage if this film's audience that I don't really care all that much about tangential background shading when translated to a different medium.

My question is WHY ARE THERE THREE TUMBLERS????

This.

Also, who would drive all of them? Or has Batman gone for drones?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

My question is WHY ARE THERE THREE TUMBLERS????

This.

Also, who would drive all of them? Or has Batman gone for drones?

From what I've read about the filming and what's going on, they're Bane's.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Eh... I wish they had a team from Metropolis instead of Rapid City... :)

It would have been cool, but either Nolan or one of the producers just recently said that his Batman franchise exists in its own film universe, separate from any of the Superman iterations or any of the other DC properties, so there would be no character crossovers or references. Nolan wanted his film based in something closer to reality (minus alien superheroes and such). It's similar to the approach Marvel is taking now, with all of the Avengers characters existing in a stand-alone universe from the X-Men / Spider-Man / Fantastic Four (for now, anyway).

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

It's similar to the approach Marvel is taking now, with all of the Avengers characters existing in a stand-alone universe from the X-Men / Spider-Man / Fantastic Four (for now, anyway).

Marvel doesn't include X-Men/Spider-Man/Fantastic Four in the same universe as the Avengers because they don't have the film rights to those franchises. X-Men is Fox; Spider-Man is Sony. If Marvel could include all of their franchises into one movie universe, you can bet that they would.

I don't have a problem in part because "Knights" is too on-the-nose, a silly wink to readers, and is in the title of the film.

Well, Rogues is also a silly wink to readers, but I guess it isn't quite as bad as Knights. Still not as cool as having Bruce Wayne drive a Lamborghini Murcielago, though.

It would have been cool, but either Nolan or one of the producers just recently said that his Batman franchise exists in its own film universe, separate from any of the Superman iterations or any of the other DC properties, so there would be no character crossovers or references. Nolan wanted his film based in something closer to reality (minus alien superheroes and such). It's similar to the approach Marvel is taking now, with all of the Avengers characters existing in a stand-alone universe from the X-Men / Spider-Man / Fantastic Four (for now, anyway).

Shame, too. Marvel's clearly ahead of the curve here, while DC is mired in the past.

Marvel doesn't include X-Men/Spider-Man/Fantastic Four in the same universe as the Avengers because they don't have the film rights to those franchises. X-Men is Fox; Spider-Man is Sony. If Marvel could include all of their franchises into one movie universe, you can bet that they would.

And that would be friggin awesome.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Videos Galore

Ariel shots of "damaged" Heinz Field

Hines Ward riding a camo Tumbler/Batmobile while wearing Gotham Rouges uniform.

Shots of the crowd shots and logos.

Shots of the stadium being taken hostage by Bane.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

Hope the team they're playing are wearing Ravens or Browns colors.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Shame, too. Marvel's clearly ahead of the curve here, while DC is mired in the past.

It helps that Marvel actually has Marvel Studios, whereas DC is working with Warner Bros. And really, in the same way DC is revamping their comics, you could bet your ass that if DC could pull all of it's properties together under on DC banner and finally set out on a path for the Justice League to combat Marvel, they would.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Hope the team they're playing are wearing Ravens or Browns colors.

You can see from the video shot from outside the stadium that they're green and white.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

It helps that Marvel actually has Marvel Studios, whereas DC is working with Warner Bros. And really, in the same way DC is revamping their comics, you could bet your ass that if DC could pull all of it's properties together under on DC banner and finally set out on a path for the Justice League to combat Marvel, they would.

You forget that Disney owns Marvel, and Disney knows marketing inside out.

Time Warner owns DC, and as such, couldn't find a hole in the ground if they made it themselves.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived