College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

just out of curiosity, for those who think Notre Dame should match the pants to the helmet (if its even possible) what of the jersey? if you're going to change the gold in the pants dont you have to change the gold every where?

i think if that were the case it would be BLING over load! i think the helmet is right now, and the gold throughout the uniform is a nice compliment. i dont mind that it isnt exact matches of gold and metallic shiny pants look silly to me any way. i think once people live with this look for a while (all matte pants included) it will be more accepted and we may look back on shiny pants 10 years from now and say "wow those were ridiculous"

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still amazed Duke doesn't take advantage of their basketball team identity. It's used in lacrosse...it would look great in football, and balance blue and black.

They have a great color scheme, which they own, but they fail to use it correctly.

Huh? Duke's colors are Blue (PMS 287) and white (and there is some argument that white isn't even a school color). Just because Nike has turned the blue purplish and ruins everything with black (not a school color) does not an identity create. Duke's old basketball uniforms were iconic, now our football uniforms are superior.

And in all sports the D is now the same and the Duke block is the same block in football as it is in lacrosse and basketball, so I'm not sure where you are getting to lacrosse using the basketball identity vs. football.

I specifically think Duke should wear something like this:

exportA-19.png

Washington State is wearing possibly the ugliest uniform in college football history tonight.

Cherry red lids with white facemask, light grey jerseys with red numbers and dark grey accents and dark grey pants with light grey accents.

Oh, and it's against a team in white.

Looks horrid!!!!

Washington State is wearing possibly the ugliest uniform in college football history tonight.

Cherry red lids with white facemask, light grey jerseys with red numbers and dark grey accents and dark grey pants with light grey accents.

Looks horrid!!!!

I concur!!!

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Looks horrid!!!!

I concur!!!

Just checked it out and it is horrific. You shouldn't just mix and match simply because you can.

FSU2.gif

Notre dame's helmets looked good, but they gotta change the pants to match it. Looks :censored:ty otherwise.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Tennessee not wearing techfit tops. trying to figure out why.

Because they suck? the jerseys I mean, though Tennessee isn't that good anyways

Woah, you didn't have to get on my boys like that bro. I'm sorry we lost our qb(best in the sec) and our number one receiver. I mean....what do you expect?

Untitled.png

Tennessee not wearing techfit tops. trying to figure out why.

Long story, but here goes:

Our head coach felt that the numbers on the original TechFit white jerseys were not the proper color orange. So he sent them back before the Florida game. Because of the short turnaround time, they removed the sewn numbers and screen printed the numbers and sent them back in time to wear at the swamp. Adidas couldn't get a new set of TechFits made on the timeframe needed, so they had a regular set made and numbered by Ripon to be worn for tonight's game, and I believe for the rest of the year.

thank you!

According to the Northwestern Facebook page, the Wildcats are going gold/purple/purple tonight against Penn State.

Someone at Northwestern needs to have their eyes checked. That was silver and not gold. Maybe it was the same guy who kept telling us that Air Force's grey was actually tan. :P

According to the Northwestern Facebook page, the Wildcats are going gold/purple/purple tonight against Penn State.

Someone at Northwestern needs to have their eyes checked. That was silver and not gold. Maybe it was the same guy who kept telling us that Air Force's grey was actually tan. :P

Really? I honestly thought that helmet had some gold in it.

In other CFB-related news, Wazzu looked terrible (what happened to those grey helmets with dark gray decals?), and Tulsa's helmets look like 5-year-old girls designed it. But seeing TTU paving Oklahoma State's way to a BCS bowl is forgiveness enough.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Archived