College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Not that many of you care, but the Pokes went Gold logo'd lid, white top, gold pants in their win over the Aztecs. 5-2 baby :P

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WwfYsk6n-nY/TqzlP9QJuuI/AAAAAAAAAFM/nVGgl1_FNB4/s507/1319953719719.png

Boo! :P

I liked the look but I was hoping the Pokes would wear the brown helmets.

I do like the look they rolled out against Utah State. Too bad the team didn't show up that game

That's a good look too except I'd probably swap the helmet decal with the gold one.

sig.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

media%2Fgettyphoto%2F2011%5C10%5C28%5C130727125.jpg

That helmet is perfect, the rest of the uniform not so much. Last Years pants with the purple striping looked a lot better. Stripes make the ugly, beautiful

Once again demonstrating that I disagree with every single opinion you have. The stripe on the helmet is the worst part of the entire uniform.

It'd be nice if TCU would use more purple. It is the school color.

I don't disagree. They usually wear purple pants when they wear black tops. Only 3 times I can think of when that wasn't the case. Tulane in 2005 IIRC, Baylor in 2010 and BYU in 2011.

That helmet is perfect, the rest of the uniform not so much. Last Years pants with the purple striping looked a lot better. Stripes make the ugly, beautiful

Once again demonstrating that I disagree with every single opinion you have. The stripe on the helmet is the worst part of the entire uniform.

I don't disagree. They usually wear purple pants when they wear black tops. Only 3 times I can think of when that wasn't the case. Tulane in 2005 IIRC, Baylor in 2010 and BYU in 2011.

Air Force last year as well

Anthony%252BWright%252BJr%252BAir%252BForce%252Bv%252BTCU%252BF8duQDa-k5Fl.jpg

That's right. Tried to block that one out of my head. Hated that look.

890cde15c9677eee523b453b07f412a3-getty-130766624.jpg

Finally got a picture.. an ideal matchup for me. I like Illinois' new helmets a lot too

I wish Illinois would go back to the 90s set they had. It was damn near perfect. Lose the shapes and piping, and go with stripes that match the helmet. And get rid of the number font that has like 182 edges and angles in it's 5's and 9's. Standard block is better.

And there's something about snow that makes almost any football uniform look badass. Love those snow game pics.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Those are the purple stripes I was talking about. If they wore those pants Friday with that black jersey and wonderful helmet then it would have been their best look ever!

spacer.png

Those are the purple stripes I was talking about. If they wore those pants Friday with that black jersey and wonderful helmet then it would have been their best look ever!

Um, no. I don't mind the "stripe", but it doesn't match the new uniforms. Those pants have a sheen; the new uniform tops and helmets are matte.

890cde15c9677eee523b453b07f412a3-getty-130766624.jpg

Finally got a picture.. an ideal matchup for me. I like Illinois' new helmets a lot too

I wish Illinois would go back to the 90s set they had. It was damn near perfect.

Agreed. My favorite part of that 90's set was the striped socks, it was that "cherry on top" that made the uniforms. For college especially, the socks were very unique.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Really random but in a song on Fat Joe's new mixtape he made a reference to Oregons jerseys.

"...I put my team on the map, you other n**gas is fake, worst then oregon, you switch a different jersey a day..."

+Street cred

Um, no. I don't mind the "stripe", but it doesn't match the new uniforms. Those pants have a sheen; the new uniform tops and helmets are matte.

I was just talking about the stripe....WOW! Can you not read between the lines.

spacer.png

Archived