Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

Have we determined, or at least cast a probability, on what will appear on the cap? Is it a forgone conclusion that this refined bird logo will be on the hat or is it possible that once they release the wordmark/script, there is a T option, and just maybe we see a letter on the cap...? Would love to hear the opinion of you folks in the know.

I agree with many of you, there appears to be something ever so slightly off with this revised bird; certainly the leaf seems a bit large and a little forced. Also, something off in the birds neck area perhaps? But I will say this, it's looking more "right" to me today than it was yesterday. I think with these things you just need a little time to adjust - we've been so used to seeing the original logo that anything different, no matter how subtle, for better or worse, will just look plain wrong.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the fact that they are paying homage to the original logo, but something about this leaked logo that doesn't rub me the right way.

For some reason, it just doesn't look very polished... and it's a bit aesthetically imbalanced.

Here's my take on it. The maple leaf is a little more subtle (on head of the blue jay).

Let me know what you guys think.

a5j9u0.jpg

Click to enlarge

I love the fact that they are paying homage to the original logo, but something about this leaked logo that doesn't rub me the right way.

For some reason, it just doesn't look very polished... and it's a bit aesthetically imbalanced.

Here's my take on it. The maple leaf is a little more subtle (on head of the blue jay).

Let me know what you guys think.

a5j9u0.jpg

Click to enlarge

OMG YOU JUST MADE THE LOGO 1000 TIMES BETTER! That is perfect. I love the detail on the head. I love the proportions on the face detail. I love the eye, alot. Nice job. The only thing I'd do is rotate the logo so that it's not facing down.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Have we determined, or at least cast a probability, on what will appear on the cap? Is it a forgone conclusion that this refined bird logo will be on the hat or is it possible that once they release the wordmark/script, there is a T option, and just maybe we see a letter on the cap...? Would love to hear the opinion of you folks in the know.

I agree with many of you, there appears to be something ever so slightly off with this revised bird; certainly the leaf seems a bit large and a little forced. Also, something off in the birds neck area perhaps? But I will say this, it's looking more "right" to me today than it was yesterday. I think with these things you just need a little time to adjust - we've been so used to seeing the original logo that anything different, no matter how subtle, for better or worse, will just look plain wrong.

No Letter.

No Letter.

Say it ain't so... you sir, are a Professional Parade Rainer On'er.

See, this is what happens. We were so excited when we heard about an update of the original bird that we set the bar way too high. When the bird came out and it wasn't perfect we were slightly disappointed. On the Marlins logo, we were bracing outselves for a disaster. Even though a great majority of us still feel that way, a few came out and said "Not bad". Perspective doesn't change the logo, but it can change our inital feelings of it.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

while I love the idea of having red in the logo to give it some pop...I absolutely hate the fact that they just slapped a maple leaf on there. I think I've more than established my utter disdain in other threads about the red Canadian maple leaf being conspicuously used in logos for Canadian teams....so I will spare everyone of that rant. My biggest gripe is that the previous logo from the 80's/90's blended the maple leaf more fluently to the design by incorporating it into the baseball. I like the fact that they eliminated the baseball from this new logo, but as a result it makes the leaf completely look like it was smacked against the Blue Jay's face.

There appears to be a very minor change to the S. Wow.

Well, she has a bow on her head.

MLB merchandise sales are split evenly between the teams.

I had no idea. Is that the case in NFL/NHL/NBA?

The NHL splits merchandise sales evenly unless the merchandise is sold on team-owned premises, in which case all revenue only goes to the team. So if I were to buy a Blackhawks shirt on nhl.com, it's going 30 ways, but if I were to buy one at the Blackhawks store on Michigan Avenue (which I did!), it would only go to the Blackhawks.

Ambiguity for which I cannot vouch: now does this on-premise exemption only apply to your own team's merchandise, or does it apply to all NHL merchandise? Could the Florida Panthers sell Canadiens sweaters in their team store without a dime of that profit going to the Habs, or to anyone else? This hardly seems fair. Betcha anything the Panthers sell the crap out of Canadiens merchandise, though.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Had a chance to see the full logo... I gotta agree, the complete package looks a lot better than just the sum of its parts.

Isn't the complete package the sum of its parts?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Had a chance to see the full logo... I gotta agree, the complete package looks a lot better than just the sum of its parts.

I'm tired... sush.

The complete logo looks a lot better than just the bird head on its own.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm tired... sush.

No, you got it right. I figured you meant that everything looked good when considered as one package rather than judging each element one by one. It's syner-Jay!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I'm tired... sush.

The complete logo looks a lot better than just the bird head on its own.

Is there a baseball?

What I would have done... and what I feel they should have done!!!

More balanced looking, & much more robust IMO.

Yours is not better. Too many colors with all of the shading, and too many colors touching each other. The only part of yours that is an improvement IMO is the integration of the leaf, which is taken from the classic logo, except that the classic logo had a white border around the leaf - something yours desperately needs.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

BLUE Jays MUST have a NICE "T" primary cap as they never have. The current italicized J "initialslug" "T" attempt NO longer counts. General direction of old new new old Jays look is otherwise good. Frankly cartoon critter caps are OK, like the O's, which suggests a Toronto O's Baltimore Blue Jays mish mosh look. A nice script "Blue Jays" home jersey, an ornithological blue jay bird cap logo. Home BLUE pinstrips'd work too. The AMAZING Fabwell's Canadian Baseball Fantasy's ALways included a mooted "What if the Jays and NOT Les Expos entered MLB 1969?" What if Toronto snuck in MLB in the 1962 expansion? Modern Nostalgia, NO way around it, the '12 Jays' Look'll be GREAT... with a NICE "T" cap! :flagcanada:

"The Amazing Fabwell... Knows All... SEES All... Tells NOTHING!!

Archived