Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why, but the back of the head looks a lot like the Arizona Cardinals logo to me. It's better than the original logo, but both the 1997 logo and the current logo are better than this IMO. Still is better than the outdated original logo.

Still, 2 double-blue teams in the AL East? Black would have been so much better.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

OK almighty sages, at least answer this... will there be a return of some form of split lettering?

yes

Part 2 of that question then... will it be closer to the Carter era split letters or the Clemens era split letters?

VmWIn6B.png

Neither really

Hmmm.......interesting. I sorta glad because both letter sets look outdated. I do like when they bring back nostalgic elements from one team's past, but I like it more when the design gets cleaned up and dusted before they use it. Looking foward to seeing the new script.

I don't know why, but the back of the head looks a lot like the Arizona Cardinals logo to me. It's better than the original logo, but both the 1997 logo and the current logo are better than this IMO. Still is better than the outdated original logo.

Still, 2 double-blue teams in the AL East? Black would have been so much better.

I agree. WTF are the Blue Jays doing wearing two shades of blue? Or blue at all? Black is a much better option. It really is a part of the team's identity. When I think of the glory days, black and graphite come to mind, not that royal and powder BS. And when a team wins 5 divisions, 2 pennants, 2 World series, hosts the All-Star Game, and reaches 4 million in attendance 3 straight seasons in an 8-year span, since it was 18 years ago, it means that it's outdated, not classic. I mean look at this: the predominant colour is black, not blue:

blue_jay.jpg

I mopped up the logo:

Much better now IMO.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I like it while staring at it, but every time I glance at it, something seems off.

I think its the pointed bottom. If the blue jay faces left, the point should be directed to the right, like the old logo. But its slightly to the left, and it makes it rather awkward and askew, looks like its ready to topple over.

Just to repeat...that's NOT the wordmark.

Well, hopefully everyone knows that. That wordmark is identical for every MLB team. But the colors are spot on. The best thing about the generic wordmark and the beautiful logo is ZERO BLACK!!! :woot:

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Archived