Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

Are we going to have a guy who lives outside Rogers Centre issue antisemitic slurs while denying that this is the real logo?

I LIVE INSIDE THE SKYDOME AND HAVE SEX IN THE WINDOW AND THIS MEANS I CAN BE QUALIFIED TO I CAN TELL YOU WITH ARHTRORITY THAT ANYONE WHO THINKS THE JEWRONTO BLUE JEWS WOULD WEAR THIS HIDIOUS CRPA IS A CUBS FAN!!!!

WE'LL SEE ABOUT THIS WHEN THERE'S A PARTY AND SOMETHING

That level of sarcasm & humor deserves hearty slow clap. Bravo!

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll reserve judgement until I see what the uniforms are like. The logo doesn't blow me away. My main gripe is that the maple leaf is a bit big. I think they could've done a better job of incorporating it.

The primary is better, IMO

So are these two cap logos?

Indeed

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Well, I guess I will have to wait until I get home tonight to see the logo, as it isn't showing up on my work computer (most of the pics posted on this site don't show up on my work computer, for some reason). Still, I am tentatively furious about them using navy. This is not "returning to their colors" because they never wore navy, they wore royal blue. Navy is it's own color, and it isn't an upgrade or update over royal blue in any way. Regardless of how good the logo is (and I will judge later), this is a failure for going to navy, especially with the Yankees, Red Sox and Rays in their division already.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Are we going to have a guy who lives outside Rogers Centre issue antisemitic slurs while denying that this is the real logo?

I LIVE INSIDE THE SKYDOME AND HAVE SEX IN THE WINDOW AND THIS MEANS I CAN BE QUALIFIED TO I CAN TELL YOU WITH ARHTRORITY THAT ANYONE WHO THINKS THE JEWRONTO BLUE JEWS WOULD WEAR THIS HIDIOUS CRPA IS A CUBS FAN!!!!

WE'LL SEE ABOUT THIS WHEN THERE'S A PARTY AND SOMETHING

Wow. POTD anybody?

As for the new look, I think I might pick up a Blue Jay hat next spring because that has the makings of something very sharp

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

I'll be extremely disappointed if the caps are navy.

Many of us would be, but in a vacuum doesn't that Navy mock-up above look the best? Unfortunately some organizations make their decisions in a vacuum. They don't think it matters what their competitors wear, or what their history is. If I had to judge by the throwback new logo, I'd say the Blue Jays aren't one of those organizations, but you never really know. My money is on a Light Blue(Royal?) home cap, a Navy away cap, and a White-front alt.

No, can't see it. Thanks, though. Unlike the other pictures which don't show anything on my screen, your avatar shows a red x. Is the navy closer to a Dodger blue, or is it the light navy the Brewers and Padres use on their hats?

Running that through Photoshop, it comes up in RGB as 0/45/98. Similar to, but not quite, the Brewers' navy.

Hard to tell with the Dodgers, since the blue in their official files isn't even close to the blue they wear on the field.

The Navy in the logo looks very similar to the Navy used on the Tigers "D" logo

As far as I know, all MLB teams use one shade of navy in print and for uniforms, whether they wear the dark navy caps or the light ones. I guess I will see later on, but I can't think of any way it will look right using navy.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Running that through Photoshop, it comes up in RGB as 0/45/98. Similar to, but not quite, the Brewers' navy.

Then it's a failure. There was no reason at all to use navy here. As terrible as everything about the current set is, black at least somewhat made sense since it is present on the actual birds. The colors could have worked with a good logo (if the light blue was the primary color) for any team which didn't have their history. Navy isn't present on the birds and wasn't part of the fanchise's history, so it makes no sense at all to use it now. I would have preferred they used black instead of navy here. Like I said about the Sabres when they rolled out the Buffaslug, I preferred the black and red because at least it wasn't pretending to be the original color scheme, only "more intimidating", or whatever nonsensical explanation they used.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived