Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why, but the back of the head looks a lot like the Arizona Cardinals logo to me. It's better than the original logo, but both the 1997 logo and the current logo are better than this IMO. Still is better than the outdated original logo.

Still, 2 double-blue teams in the AL East? Black would have been so much better.

I agree. WTF are the Blue Jays doing wearing two shades of blue? Or blue at all? Black is a much better option. It really is a part of the team's identity. When I think of the glory days, black and graphite come to mind, not that royal and powder BS. And when a team wins 5 divisions, 2 pennants, 2 World series, hosts the All-Star Game, and reaches 4 million in attendance 3 straight seasons in an 8-year span, since it was 18 years ago, it means that it's outdated, not classic. I mean look at this: the predominant colour is black, not blue:

I'm not saying the Blue Jays primary colors should be black. The jerseys now don't have enough blue, and the home cap should be primarily blue, but they have pretty much the Rays same color scheme now. Navy was never part of the team identity either. The current jerseys with more blue would be very nice, and Blue,Black, and grey is a very nice underused color combo.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Blue, black, and grey is way to dull for my taste. The Blue Jays rocked the double blue look long before it became a fad.

Yes, but going back to the double blue now is kind of like going with a gray facemask in the NFL after it became a fad. It just looks like they did it because it's in, and their colors in the 90's weren't current navy/light blue fad colors.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I'm elated right now... The new logo is fabulous, small gripes aside. In several ways, its better then the original... The leaf is a bit big though, and as much as I thought the ball-background was a weakness in the old logo, without it, the leaf looks kinda out of place (it'd be cool if someone mocked this up with the ball.)

But given how terrified I've been hearing little tidbits about the new look, especially the possible major use of red from earlier in this thread, I'm so relieved right now. Everything I've read over the past several pages has me giddy with anticipation for the new jays look....

One great thing about the old logo was how the leaf was integrated (tied to the red line of the ball). This one is just slapped on there. Other than that, it's a great "Cardinalizing" of the old logo. I happen to like the new eyes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I dunno about that; the newest Cardinal logo was a step backwards. This is a huge step forwards.

The AZ Cardinals modernized logo? That's fine if you feel that way, but I think you're in the minority with that opinion. I think most (including me) would consider it a near-perfect cleaning up and modernizing of a classic logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Sorry, I was thinking of the tweaked St. Louis Cardinals logos from about a decade ago.

For a moment, I forgot that the desert birds even existed.

They're easily forgotten.

I really love what the Blue Jays have done here.

I'm hoping that we get a predominantly royal blue look at home and a navy blue heavy look on the road. That'd be an interesting dynamic that we haven't seen before in baseball.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I really love what the Blue Jays have done here.

I'm hoping that we get a predominantly royal blue look at home and a navy blue heavy look on the road. That'd be an interesting dynamic that we haven't seen before in baseball.

So they'd be the StL Blues of MLB. I don't like when a team has a home look and a road look - there should be some uniformity in there. Especially since their royal (or at least the WS-era royal) worked so well with gray, there'd be no reason to feature a different shade on the roads (other than to sell more caps.)

I dunno about that; the newest Cardinal logo was a step backwards. This is a huge step forwards.

The AZ Cardinals modernized logo? That's fine if you feel that way, but I think you're in the minority with that opinion. I think most (including me) would consider it a near-perfect cleaning up and modernizing of a classic logo.

I actually liked the old AZ Cardinals logo better. No special reason or anything, I just do.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived