Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy said no red, Either the maple leaf is a different colour or it's out of the logo.

Red is used in correct manner.

Is red used throughout the uniform, or is it limited to the logo?

It's used both on the logo and the uniform (the logo appears on the uniform).

Just went in to the Lids store at the local mall. Asked the dude behind the counter if he'd seen the new Jays stuff, and he said he had seen the new logo (no caps, uniforms or merch though)

Paraphrasing:

- It's a combination of new and old.

- It uses the Jay bird from the original WS era set, but instead of it sitting on top of the baseball, it's in front of a letter 'T'

- I asked if it was the current "swirly" T from the alternate cap, and he said no.

- I asked if it returns to the traditional two-tone blue and red, and he said "No red. It's pretty much the same colours they have now."

----

Interesting. I especially don't like the last part, which would lead to black still being a big part of the new set.

Would anyone else here who's seen it confirm or deny any of this stuff?

Sounds like he was describing to you a fashion cap they used to sell (perhaps are bringing back?) which was a split-letter T with the Jays 77-96 logo on it... The Jays actually registered this logo, perhaps as a cap logo, sometime around 1981 but they never used it.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Reposting this over here, from the 2012 MLB thread:

New Toronto logo for 2012:

Wow. Either that's real or someone is using the arched block, ™'s and MLB logo look from the Marlins leak and trying to fool us.

*Brain still deciding if I like it or not.*

Oh my. Toronto just hit a grand slam! That's a beauty. Can't wait to see the whole set!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived