Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

I've heard from a couple 'sources' that the new Marlins unis are silver, orange and light blue. I don't think it's orange and black simply based on what I've seen at the new ballpark. At least silver, orange and light blue fits with the new ballpark. How accurate I am, I don't know. Maybe someone whose actually seem them can give us a wink or a nod?

That'd be great, actually.

Actually that sounds right, I was looking at the back of an MLB iPad case with all logos and their logo had those colors.

Granted, it was still the F logo but it looked like the new colors had been applied on the packaging.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard from a couple 'sources' that the new Marlins unis are silver, orange and light blue. I don't think it's orange and black simply based on what I've seen at the new ballpark. At least silver, orange and light blue fits with the new ballpark. How accurate I am, I don't know. Maybe someone whose actually seem them can give us a wink or a nod?

Actually that sounds right, I was looking at the back of an MLB iPad case with all logos and their logo had those colors.

Granted, it was still the F logo but it looked like the new colors had been applied on the packaging.

Are you sure it wasn't silver, orange, and teal, i.e. their current colors? I don't think they would make an "F" logo in the new colors.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Are you sure it wasn't silver, orange, and teal, i.e. their current colors? I don't think they would make an "F" logo in the new colors.

It was definately blue, more of a royal blue than anything. I thought it was weird that's why I didn't post it except for as support to someone else's theory. Also their F logo doesn't have any orange in it.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I assume they will salvage the logo. But probably have a uniform in the vein of the spring training jerseys. It seems Majestic has been 'soft releasing' side panels onto MLB jerseys for a few years through the spring training/batting practice jerseys. Its only a matter of time until a team adopts it full time.

And they did it with the WBC jerseys in 2009. Back then, we joked about who'd be the first MLB team talked into getting colored COOLBASE side panels. Maybe Toronto got talked into it.

There is no reason to speculate that they're going to have colored side panels. This is how these things start. Next thing you know there's 30 posts ridiculing them for something that they haven't even done yet.

You're absolutely right. I abhor when that happens (the whole "telephone" version of rumor mongering), and what I said could be construed as such. I was commenting on the possibility of side panels being eventually used. In no way am I saying that Toronto or anyone is getting colored side panels, and let the record reflect that the previous post is in no way a confirmation or rumor of such. I do NOT want my saying that colored side panels woudln't be out of the realm of possibility being used as the start of a "Toronto is getting colored side panels".

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

As far as I know the Blue Jays are not changing their LOGO for 2012, just the uniform

I heard differently, but can't say for certain.

Whats weird is that Marlins and Blue Jays are listed as going through the same "types" of changes.

Difference being colors. No color changes listed for Marlins. Weird. Could just be a descriptive error.

I would take the hats he posted up there a ways, put the logo from the Jose Bautista jersey generator, on those hats, then correspond them with the H/A/A, The grey being road, the blue being alternate, and maybe a nice dark blue, for home.

If they used the colors of a real blue jay, the uniforms would be sky blue and black...

...and white and grey/off-white. That is, their colors would be what they are now (albeit in different proportions). Right now they look more like the Toronto Fledgling Magpies...

Archived