Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

I think the use of black is what angers me the most.

They have a great logo, one of the better road uniforms in the league. A quick font change on the home (I.E. getting rid of the Blue Jay in the script) changing the number font entirely and doing away with black all together, bring in a powder blue alternate, and the Jays would have some of the best uniforms in baseball.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love everything about it, even the logo on the belly. I like the font. I love the royal blue with the light blue. I love how they leave the light blue at home. I love the logo. They reached perfection when they stopped wearing the hats with the white front panel.

Count me in .... that's my all-time favorite Jays look

I was going to add the point about how much I hated the cap with the white shield in front, but you beat me to it.

Perfect example of a great uniform set needing to be left alone and live on ..... and with solid blue colored caps. fumup.jpg

CARTPHU016009.jpg

jpe-carter-world-series-walkoff-homerun.jpg

I love everything about it, even the logo on the belly. I like the font. I love the royal blue with the light blue. I love how they left the light blue at home. I love the logo. They really reached perfection when they stopped wearing the hats with the white front panel.

I never got the dislike aimed at the belly logo (on the World Series era Blue Jays uniform, or just the concept in general). Yes, it looked cheap on the pullovers when it was front and centre, but it wasn't offensive in the least when they went with button downs, shrunk it, and moved it to one side.

As hawk pointed out, the WS era font (or fonts that are extremely close, at least) can be found across Europe.

Personally I never associated it with any time period, I just associated it with the Blue Jays.

Personally I never associated it with any time period, I just associated it with the Blue Jays.

Same here. It's a font that's unique in baseball, and it's identifiable with the team. I don't see why it needs to be updated. When the team wore the old home whites for a game in 2009 to commemorate the 1992 and 1993 seasons, I thought they looked great.

I also have to side with the people who disliked the Clemens-era uniforms. I thought they were awful from the moment the team unveiled them. I consider them to be the worst uniforms the team has worn.

I love everything about it, even the logo on the belly. I like the font. I love the royal blue with the light blue. I love how they left the light blue at home. I love the logo. They really reached perfection when they stopped wearing the hats with the white front panel.

I never got the dislike aimed at the belly logo (on the World Series era Blue Jays uniform, or just the concept in general). Yes, it looked cheap on the pullovers when it was front and centre, but it wasn't offensive in the least when they went with button downs, shrunk it, and moved it to one side.

It takes up the same space as a number would. It never bothered me in the least and gave their uniforms another unique aspect to point to. Conventional baseball uniform makeup says that you either have a wordmark across the chest or a logo on the left side. They did both and I think it looks pretty cool.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just get rid of black. Try modernizing the old look. Maybe the old Jay on a maple leaf? Or the Clemens-era jay on a baseball (essentially switching them around). I agree that they need a little red, but too much would be a grave mistake. And for those of you who say "We get that they're Canadian", the team knows that. It's called a marketing strategy. They want to reach out to the entire country and build a nationwide fanbase.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Just get rid of black. Try modernizing the old look. Maybe the old Jay on a maple leaf? Or the Clemens-era jay on a baseball (essentially switching them around). I agree that they need a little red, but too much would be a grave mistake. And for those of you who say "We get that they're Canadian", the team knows that. It's called a marketing strategy. They want to reach out to the entire country and build a nationwide fanbase.

Might as well call them Canada Blue Jays.

I think the original logo struck the proper balance. The logo had a bit of red, but it was used in a baseball-context with the stitching of a baseball. The red maple leaf was noticeable, but it was small and not overpowering. The maple leaf was also incorporated in a somewhat clever way, blending it in with the baseball and the bird's feathers.

The maple leaf in the 1997 logo, however, looked like it was just slapped in the background as an afterthought. I don't think it worked well at all. It was very unoriginal.

I think the original logo struck the proper balance. The logo had a bit of red, but it was used in a baseball-context with the stitching of a baseball. The red maple leaf was noticeable, but it was small and not overpowering. The maple leaf was also incorporated in a somewhat clever way, blending it in with the baseball and the bird's feathers.

The maple leaf in the 1997 logo, however, looked like it was just slapped in the background as an afterthought. I don't think it worked well at all. It was very unoriginal.

Well said. Great assessment.

Archived