San Jose Sharks

chickenfish13

Hey guys,

I was searching through the concepts section yesterday and found a couple of old Sharks rebrands, so I thought I'd take a crack at it today. It's based off of their current but with an updated, sleeker look. I dropped the orange, I don't really have a problem with it, but seeing as I dropped the broken stick I didn't really have anywhere for it to go without looking really forced. The teal is also a little different, something a little brighter.

Let me know what you guys think:

sharks2.png

I actually like the second version just as well as the first. I don't think you need to add any teal to the back, it gives off the look that the light source is above the shark, which it obviously would be in the ocean. If anything, you could maybe add a small highlight to part of it's tail.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Both look very nice. I know Elliot did a very nice, similar looking Sharks logo on here recently, and this is very well done too. The teeth look fine to me, Im not sure what Point1 is saying about the teeth, unless he's talking about the back few teeth. They are so small you could just make the bottom two last teeth into one tooth. Just like the real Sharks logo, I like the triangle version, but I also really like the full-bodied shark without the triangle. No complaints here. Nice job. Maybe a wordmark to finish of this identity??

Nice looking logos. I think that the full bodied shark is miles ahead of the top one.

The only thing I would suggest you take a second look at, is adding some type of definetion to the left side of the sharks face.

It just seems a little too streamline on the left side of the sharks head, from the fin going down to the nose point.

Maybe try defining an "eyebrow" type look (for lack of better words) Like you have above the right eye.

Other than that It's a pretty solid set of logos, and I hope to see you complete the identity with a script and some Uni's.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I really...really...really like this. Major upgrade.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

For the Sharks I imagine a much more aggressive wordmark, if you get what I mean. Something more angular and maybe italicized with some cuts in it. But I'd keep the "waves" in it, I really like that. Also, I think it would help if you made the SAN JOSE at the top just solid black rather than outlined. Tertiary logo looks good, but I agree with you that it looks a little too plain. Maybe just adding a white outline of some sort would help.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I like everything about it except the mouth, for some reason. It's not bad, just feels off. A slight tweak would probably make this perfection. An excellent blend of modern and simplistic styles. Great work.

It's busting through the black border of the triangle, but not the white border, which would imply that the shark is basically a 2d piece of paper (or the white border is way behind the black one, which it's clearly not. Their current logo suffers from the same issue.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's busting through the black border of the triangle, but not the white border, which would imply that the shark is basically a 2d piece of paper (or the white border is way behind the black one, which it's clearly not. Their current logo suffers from the same issue.

I actually like that dynamic of the logo and always thought that was intentional. I guess I kind of see the opposite of your 2D point.

This is some quality work, chickenfish. The wordmark could use some improvements in the creativity department in comparison to the logo, but again- solid work here.

Archived