paynomind

paynomind

OK, I said One question, I guess I meant two, because here is another one....

Why is Payno being "commended" for "owning up"? He didn't own up. He only admitted it when he got caught. Owning up would have been a pre-emptive confession because his conscious was bothering him, not because everyone found out.

I reiterate that I DON'T think any of this is a big deal and I don't think that anyone should be mad at Payno, but people come on stop kissing his ass because he put his tail between his legs and begged for forgiveness.

It still takes courage to admit that you were wrong and that is commendable. Would it make you feel better if I held him down while you kick him in his junk? :D

No Shizz it wouldn't, but I already stated that I didn't have a problem with what Payno did. What I was trying to point out was all these people were "kicking MoJo in his junk" when he exposed the issue publicly.

Besides, how could I possibly kick Payno in the junk? I would have to wait until about 10 of the posters on this board released it from their mouth first.

I don't know how old you are Shizz or most of the folks on this board, but if (or when) you are a parent trust me, you won't think it's so great when your child "admits" to something simply because you caught them. But you will be able to be proud of them when they come to you to admit they did something that they knew was wrong but made a momentary lapse of judgement, (as long as they learned enough to not do it again).

There IS a huge difference between being sorry for doing something wrong and being sorry you got caught. If your a "stand up guy" for being sorry you got caught then our prisons are full of some really great stand up guys.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know how old you are Shizz or most of the folks on this board, but if (or when) you are a parent trust me, you won't think it's so great when your child "admits" to something simply because you caught them. But you will be able to be proud of them when they come to you to admit they did something that they knew was wrong but made a momentary lapse of judgement, (as long as they learned enough to not do it again).

I can vouch for that! Well said.

It is as simple as this: I?m a moron.

Agreed!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

It is as simple as this: I?m a moron.

Agreed!

sigh... isnt there something along the line if you cant say anything nice.....

I think the thing here is this... PNM could have denied to his grave that all those names were not him but friends in his office... he admitted a mistake now lets all just move on.... this is a place to discuss sports logos and have fun not to go out a rewrite the code of hammurabi... I'll say it once and Ill say it again... some people take things on here way too personally whether it be fantasy sports or being 2 different people...

everything you guys (and few girls and atleast one transgendered robot and a giant rooster) know about me is true... work at mastercard, im 22, i am now a coach for the U of R cheerleading team and I freelance design in my spare time... did I have to tell you this... no... but Its because I have gained respect for most of you through interacting on this board this can be a great place to be when you realize the only interaction you will probably have with 90% of this board is via computer screen.... So you win a fantasy league, or a logolympiad... congrats but there are other things that i hope we all realize that are more important...

sorry about the rant its been building up

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

i'll hand it to you PNM for admitting you were wrong and put it behind you...im still disappionted in what this board is becoming (not only referring to this) there are a few weeds which i think with some work can be taken care of. (again im not referring to paynomind, he's ok in my eyes)

Ive deleveloped some good friendships from this board. the people i know and keep in touch with outside the board know who they are, and i trust them for the most part. Sometimes, things like this just make you think though ^_^

sigh... isnt there something along the line if you cant say anything nice.....

I didn't say anything mean or disrespectful. I was just agreeing with what he said, take it as you will! In this instance I don't think "sugar coating" is really required. Some members on here have different definitions of "owning up" or "manning" to what he did. He may have been forgiven by a few but there's also some out there who are still pissed about this. I'm sure paynomind will be forgiven in time but you can't expect everyone within this board to be okay with what has happened just overnight.

Just my two cents! It can get your panties in a twist if you'd like but that's your choice.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Ok, if this made you personally mad, take a step back, and get a hobby.

Nobody needs the morality police, that just stirs the drink more.

Payno feels dumb, as he should. We all know he did it, and whatever reprocussion that comes with that is that. I have a feelign we will see a kindler, gentler Payno

Humilation is a tasty way to learn something.

Its all forgiven, but i doubt its forgotten.

Can we move on?

---

Another thing. As much as I agree this board gets crazier the more people add to it, i dont think we need to indict the entire board, some of us have gotten better as designers, and that alone is worth my time. This is a great DIVERSION, and i think a couple minutes a day is a great dosage.

I dont want to see this fine board being blamed for individuals actions. Us old guard know whos down, no doubt there are great additions too. I tried calling out 3 people 2 weeks ago, pNM included, but i edited it because i thought id get the knee-jerk sensitive action. Maybe those who get hysterical everytime something controversial happens should go do stuff so they see true adversity, so they know the difference between a situation and a problem.

I dunno, i dont have all the answers, but i have a start...

Lets be honest, lets be respectful, and lets not be hysterical.

Besides, how could I possibly kick Payno in the junk? I would have to wait until about 10 of the posters on this board released it from their mouth first.

umm that comment really wasn't necesarry...

Ok, if this made you personally mad, take a step back, and get a hobby.

Never said I was mad, I was just point out the fact that while a few maybe quick to forgive, there's still a number of members out there who aren't so quick to forgive. I believe this board can move on from what has happened but it's also put a big dent in the integrity and the meaning of what this community is all about.

Retired Number's To Come

it wasnt directed at anyone personally Bs.

Try not to take everythign to heart.

WTF. I know your not the only one thinks the entire boards integrity is diminished...

But i have MAJOR problems with people making blanket judgements on everyone because of some. Am i more of a jackass for what happened. No. Do I think anyone else besides those involved are, NO.

Take it as it is. He made a mistake. Its not indicitive of everyone on here. Could it happen again, duh, but who can stop it? MoJoTo knows how to watch the IP addresses, as does chris, so if it happens again, its an isolated incident, not a sign of the times.

Its easy to say things are going to hell and a handbasket. Its the general hysteria sentiment that some operate on. Its sad, but its erroneous.

The board is still f'n amazing, and so are 99% of the pepole on here.

i just hope eveyone can put this in the past and move on.

Exactly, We've got apologies from both of them, lets just move on, and maybe see if theres anyway to prevent this in the future...

...while Payno may not have met the clinical definition of "manning up", at least he said he was wrong publicly.  And that is something.  It seems easy, but it's sometimes not.

This is far from the worst thing I've ever seen on a message board.

Admitting you are wrong publicly is also not the easiest thing to do either.

Nice words Sterling84

Now, who has a new Canucks or Islanders concept for me to look at? :hockeysmiley:

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Again, I apologize. I have no excuse but my own stupidity.

paynomind - apology accepted. Without getting into what is wrong and what you did, I respect your honesty. I live by a few motto's, "do what's right", and you did, being a 'man' about it and admitting your 'error' - takes guts to do that.

See around the boards and I'm looking forward you more of your fine work!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

"Thrasherman is a buddy of mine through work who I worked with on a side project. I was making his website for him, and told him about the boards. He posted some, voted some. Sure, he voted for me? maybe because he knew me he valued my work more. Up to him.

"Ddanigirl76 is my wife. You can email her. Just add @yahoo.com to her username. Chris? girlfriend was on here, and so was my wife. She finds it interesting how absorbed we get, and wanted to comment on some stuff, and vote on some stuff, so she signed up for an account. We post from the same IP because we use the same computer. She has used the PC here at work, and the one at home. I?d imagine most of our girlfriends/wives would vote for them.

"Hrivnak is my buddy here at work, but I think he covered that, and told you who he is.

"But that?s it. I am humiliated and ashamed. I did the wrong thing, it was ridiculous, immature, and plain stupid. I?m a selfish, insecure moron who just wanted the attention that came from votes. I?m embarrassed, and apparently, can?t be trusted. I did the wrong thing, gentlemen, and all I can do is own up to my mistakes, and attempt to salvage the friendships that I gained through this board and hope they aren?t tainted. I met some really great folks through here, and hope I haven?t turned them off of me for a stupid mistake. To those who consider me a friend, I beg of your forgiveness.

"My concepts are what they are. I made em, I posted em. And apparently, I voted for ?em.. again and again. I think I made some pretty good stuff, and I think I made some dogs. I hope each of you have enjoyed seeing some of my work. I think my stuff has deserved and earned votes.

"To those with harsh words, and more importantly harsh thoughts towards me; I?m sorry, I?m humiliated, and I apologize for ever standing in judgment of you, when I was living in a glass house, myself. I shouldn?t have thrown rocks.

"I?m hoping I don?t have to leave the boards altogether. If I?m not banned, I will remain low key, and let you guys go on about your business.

"Again, I apologize. I have no excuse but my own stupidity."

Okay, I accept it, but we don't know who habsfan79 is in reality. Please step forward if you're not paynomind.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Archived