Best Buzzer Beaters!

the_cynic

Well I'm surprised that nobody has even mentioned the Lakers/Spurs game that was played last night considering the amazing shots that were taken. The shot (below) that was taken last night has inspired me to ask a question. In your mind, what's the best "buzzer beater" of all-time?

lakers_spurs_game5.jpg

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Jordan from the stripe to beat the Jazz in the Finals (in what SHOULD have been his last game).

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

One I saw in the WNBA. It happened a few years ago. It was the playoffs and the home team was about to win the series after a basket. So with a last desperation, one woman took the inbounds pass and just rifled it full court at the basket and it sank! The crowd was shocked as hell!

I also remember someone did something like that in the NBA too. I think it was a Bulls player who just took and inbounds pass under his own basket and did an overhand throw right at the opposite backboard and it sank too.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

One I saw in the WNBA. It happened a few years ago. It was the playoffs and the home team was about to win the series after a basket. So with a last desperation, one woman took the inbounds pass and just rifled it full court at the basket and it sank! The crowd was shocked as hell!

I think I saw that hilight.

Jordan's buzzer beater against the Cavs was classic.

The Stanford/Arizona game from earlier this year (which Tiger Woods attended no less) was a good one was well.

I saw, I came, I left.

That entire Lakers-Spurs game was just ridiculous shenanigans... WHICH I LOVE!!!

First off, props to Tim Duncan for making an improbable shot over Shaq to take the lead for what SHOULD'VE been the game-winner...

Next, props to Derek Fisher for earning revenge for last year's ouster by hitting a truly impossible shot to win the game...

But the most props go to Phil Jackson... I've come to terms with the fact that the Zen-Master... Is in some odd way a genius and the smartest man in the U.S.A. :P

And if you wanted to know what I think the best buzzer-beater of all time, It's a tie between last night's buzzer-beater and the one Roger Clemente commented on... I think it was Teresa Witherspoon of the New York Liberty who threw up a half-court shot to win the game against the Houston Comets... That was amazing

Any Virginia Tech fans here?

Any Virginia Tech fans that are old enough to remember the 1973 NIT's?

1973 NIT's, final game, Virginia Tech vs. (I think) Notre Dame. A player by the name of Bobby Stevens misses a shot from what's now three-point territory, tracks down his own rebound, and with 0:01 left throws up a rainbow that goes in. Virginia Tech wins by 1, everybody's happy, it's like the greatest moment in VT sports history.

Oh yeah, Coach Stevens is the varsity basketball coach at my school and I had him for 9th grade Physical Science.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Its Jordan's Cav shot.

Its immortal, and not because of the gatorade commericals. :P

ok, because of the commericals.

It was an amazing shot but I think there's better!

Don't you guys feel lucky to witness my 1000th post! Horray to me! :woot:

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Jordan from the stripe to beat the Jazz in the Finals (in what SHOULD have been his last game).

It wasn't technically a buzzer beater, but the shot that effectively closed out the Michael Jordan era is perhaps the most significant shot in basketball history.

Other unmentioned notables:

- Jordan at UNC for the '82 title (not sure on the year).

- John Paxson during the first 3.

- Rex Chapman, on a couple of occasions (always seemingly running out of bounds).

- Avery Johnson for the championship before last year for the Spurs.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Spurs? Protest Denied

NEW YORK, May 14 -- The National Basketball Association announced today that Commissioner David Stern has denied the San Antonio Spurs' protest of its 74-73 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers on May 13.

The Spurs claimed that Lakers guard Derek Fisher?s game-winning shot was not taken within the 0.4 seconds that remained in the game when the ball was in-bounded. Video tape review revealed that the game clock was started appropriately and confirmed the finding of the referees using instant replay that the shot was released before time expired.

Link

I guess Spurs fans can take this, shove it up their pipes and smoke it! :D

Retired Number's To Come

Wow... 2 buzzer beaters in 2 nights...

If the Kings & Timberwolves don't have a buzzer beater, I'm gonna cry tears of dissapointment of tha 8th level

That's the most bizarre 14 seconds of basketball I've ever seen.

Nets up by two, Kidd misses two free throws.

Pistons bring it down, Billups gets free for a layup, Jefferson comes out of nowhere to block it.

Pistons foul Martin with 2.9 left, he misses the first then makes the second.

Billups gets the inbound pass, steps over half-court, and lofts a three, which banks off the glass and in.

:blink::wacko::wacko::wacko::blink:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

i'll go with Jordan in Utah...shoulda been his last shot, cus only a few people get to go out that way, but that's for another day...

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Ya know, I might be the last person you'd expect to say this, and it may be nit-picky, but "heroic" is not a real good word to use for a sporting event, especially considering one Pat Tillman.

Anyway, It's Jordan on the Jazz. That was just perfect. I'm not a b-ball fan, but that was probably the best moment I've ever seen.

Archived