MetLife Stadium

Cujo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just say no to "The Snoop." Snoop is a rapper and I don't think anyone calls Snoopy "Snoop." Just call it the Met and be done with it.

On another note, I guess I am too young, but I was never a fan of Snoopy. My brother who is five years older had Joe Cool shirts growing up and was a big fan, but I never cared for Snoopy at all. The only time I saw Peanuts growing up was really the holiday specials, and while I liked Charlie Brown, I didn't see the draw in Snoopy.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Would've been NAILS had they gone with JetBlue or Green Giant Stadium. But I suppose "The Snoop" will have to do.

I was pulling for JetBlue. :cry:

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

Aren't the Mets associated with MetLife? How do Giants fans feel about this?

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

You mad because the Tribe is stylin' on you?

Aren't the Mets associated with MetLife? How do Giants fans feel about this?

I fail to see the point, different teams can partner with whomever they get deals with. It's also a baseball v. football matter, as its not like we're talking Mets/Yanks or Rangers/Isles.

Giants fans can be Mets fans. I know there's a traditional A-teams/B-teams (Isles and Devils being B1 and B2, I guess) split in New York, but the permutations of pro sports allegiances are virtually endless! For example, If I lived in New York, I'd go Mets/Jets/Knicks/Isles.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Agreed.

Anyway, MetLife has an advertising deal with the Yankees.

PHOTO_4099995_21864_7196620_main.jpg

Have had for years.

2549818215_2bbb9bb960.jpg

You'd figure that "MetLife" would have been a natural for Shea Stadium or Citi Field in the same way that we were all hoping for Green Giant or JetBlue to sponsor the new stadium, but as far as I can remember they've always chosen the Bronx over Queens.

Well I'm not a New Yorker, so I've always thought as the accepted alligences as Jets/Mets/Isles as opposed to Giants/Yankees/Rags.

But then again, no one bothers to root for local teams anymore, so maybe I'm just behind the times.

What really gets me is the "great fan" stuff. It's sad to think of our country as a "Steeler Nation", because that would mean that we're a country of near-sighted inbreds from the mountains that can't speak competent English.

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Well I'm not a New Yorker, so I've always thought as the accepted alligences as Jets/Mets/Isles as opposed to Giants/Yankees/Rags.

But then again, no one bothers to root for local teams anymore, so maybe I'm just behind the times.

that ended when the Giants left Yankee Stadium and the Jets left Shea Stadium. My father's idols growing up were Mantle and Namath. I'm a Yankee and Jets fan because he was.

Those intelligences ended when the Giants left Yankee Stadium and the Jets left Shea Stadium.

So why does anyone in New York root for the Mets then?

Let's go Brownies!

championships.png

Archived