Braves v Braves

jkrdevil

Just turned on the Atl. Braves game and noticed that their opponets, the Brewers are wearing trowback uniforms. Not the MB logo throwbacks though, they are wearing Mol. Braves unforms against the current Braves. Interesting note, the throwbacks and the current Braves uniforms (ATL. is wearing their current roads) loom almost exactly the same.

Bet the Braves will win :D:D

They've done this before, actually... Back when the Brewers first joined the NL, they held a TBTC game at County Stadium between the two teams and they both wore Braves unis. But for some reason, I recall the Milwaukee duds looking a bit more realistic and authentic. Ever since Majestic started manufacturing the on-field throwback gear, the look just doesn't seem right.

Furthermore, it aggravates me greatly when I see the Braves wearing thier 70's Aaron-era tops with the current pants. AARGH!!! :evil:

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

They've done this before, actually... Back when the Brewers first joined the NL, they held a TBTC game at County Stadium between the two teams and they both wore Braves unis. But for some reason, I recall the Milwaukee duds looking a bit more realistic and authentic. Ever since Majestic started manufacturing the on-field throwback gear, the look just doesn't seem right.

I beleive they had zippers instead of the buttons which was a nice touch. I was actually at that game, I remember the vendors selling alot of old Milwaukee Braves hats that night...

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

i remember the first Brewers-Braves game in Milwaukee, both teams wore the throwbacks (Brewers had an M hat, Braves had a B hat)...IIRC that time the unis were pretty much done to a tee: the real things weren't button down, they had zippers. tonight's garb made me cringe only for that reason.

and the Pilots unis, they might as well bust em out. there is only one bad thing i can truly say about the Mariners, and that is that as far as their city's baseball roots are concerned, they're ingrates when you mention the Pilots. The Brewers recognize the Braves' Milwaukee era. The Braves occassionally break out Atlanta Black Crackers unis. The Mariners would rather recognize the minor league Rainiers or do TATC. <_<

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Now I like throwbacks as much as anyone can, but Braves vs. Braves? There ought to be a rule against THAT. :cursing:

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

This was a bad idea they could do a Braves TBTC night but to do it against ATlanta looks bad, Braves vs Braves ahs to be avoided.

Why does it have to be avoided? The Milwaukee Braves still have a loyal (although greying) following in Milwaukee. This use of the uniforms was set up due to the Brewers recognizing the Milwaukee Braves in a separate "display" at Miller Park. There's nothing wrong with that.

This isn't like football, where the difference in uniforms is required to watch the games. Or basketball, lest we forget Wisconsin at Illinois from earlier this year. Watching the game, it was no problem knowing who was who.

It's where I sit.

quadival, yeah, the Sox and Braves played a TBTC game back in 1997, the first year of interleague play. The Braves wore gray jerseys with navy blue numerals reading "BOSTON". The sox wore their old 1908(?) jerseys with the huge red sock across their chest with "BOSTON" in white numerals on the big sock. Cool game, old Boston Braves v. Boston Red Sox.

Now, if we can get some current incarnation of the Sox as the "Beaneaters", I'll be a happy camper lol. Hey, the won a World Series as the Beaneaters, didn't they?

Now, if we can get some current incarnation of the Sox as the "Beaneaters", I'll be a happy camper lol. Hey, the won a World Series as the Beaneaters, didn't they?

I thought it was the "Boston Pilgrims" in 1903 winning the first world series.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I actually attended this game. I came in late from tailgating (yes they do that up here in the great white north) and I didn't know who was up or in the field. I mean, in not sober state of mind I couldn't remember that white was worn by the home team. But needless to say, it looked like a split-squad spring training game.

One more thing. I like it that more teams, when they wear throwback uni's, are wearing batting helmets that look like the retro hats they wear. It looked tacky when they wore the retro uni's with the current batting helmet. I also wish they sell mini batting helmets that feature the retro look.

One more thing. I like it that more teams, when they wear throwback uni's, are wearing batting helmets that look like the retro hats they wear. It looked tacky when they wore the retro uni's with the current batting helmet. I also wish they sell mini batting helmets that feature the retro look.

i agree I once saw a padres game where they wore the old brown jerseys and hats but used the blue helmets, bothered me so much everytime they batted and I saw that clash, ugh.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Archived