New Daytona Cubs logos for 2012

TheFloridianLogoMan

All the logos are at this link: http://news-journalonline.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=1314717&CategoryID=67755

Old primary.....lrg_Daytona_Cubs125.gif

New primary....37520670E.jpg

Uniforms....

37520658E.jpg

I'll reserve my opinions until I see them on the field....I'll say this, at least it's different from their parent club, and every other club in the league outside of Charlotte.....but that's where my biggest problem lies, it's looks too Rays like. Also, IMHO, this would have been a great opportunity to utilize a past Cubs look and use white pinstripes on the powder blue, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

Nice up grade! Who's the artist, the style looks familar?

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

There should be red where that medium blue is. I like the sky and sand personalizing the Daytona iteration of the team, but the Cubs gotta be blue and red, just gotta. Even at Single-A.

quick and very dirty:

37520670e1.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

logo is nicely done, they look respectable now. Fraser said last week (twitter) he had some exciting sports/logo news coming up, but no mention of this project anywhere. i doubt this is him or, part him, but i cant confirm either way. my guess is he and Bosack are doing something together again.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

logo is nicely done, they look respectable now. Fraser said last week (twitter) he had some exciting sports/logo news coming up, but no mention of this project anywhere. i doubt this is him or, part him, but i cant confirm either way. my guess is he and Bosack are doing something together again.

Yeah this looks straight up classic Studio Simon. I don't really see any of Fraser's style in there, and he has a pretty distinctive style.

1. It bothers me that the bear and his bat are the same color. I guess if the alternative is to introduce another color into the logo, then it's a fair trade off, but it still bugs me a bit.

2. I agree with Admiral about the red, but if they don't want it, then there's nothing the designer can do about that.

3. I normally don't like gimmicky additions to fonts or scripts, but I do like the jagged Cuba script that matches the style of the bear. The way it integrates with the bear's right shoulder is awesome. Ditto how it looks with the wave below it.

4. The Daytona script looks neat, even if the tail is going "backward". I'd like to see that a little bigger.

5. I hate that there are three different cap designs. I get that it's minor league and they like variety, but I just don't like these. I think the D cap is good enough for home and away, then maybe a light blue cap to go with the alt. Can't really see the caps well enough to judge though.

6. They should have solid white pants to go with the light blue alt. Pinstripe pants should never be worn without pinstripe shirts IMO. I think of a uniform as the rough equivalent of a business suit, with the jersey being like the jacket. Wearing the suit pants without the suit jacket is a little too casual IMO. If you're going casual, wear khakis or solid-color dress pants, not suit pants.

7. Overall a very solid minor-league package, which if it is in fact from Simon, is not surprising at all. They did the Golden League, right?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

It was a Studio Simon project. Confirmation here.

I think it's a huge upgrade. It's good they finally have a more unique and up to date identity. I own one of their hats and for some reason I always liked the polar bear with the sunglasses logo. Although I do agree with the others that it could use a little red.

I swear I've seen that template before, does anyone know where I can find that?

Loving the update here, like how it separates them from their parent club. However I have always disliked MiLB teams that share a name with their minor league club. Biggest offender would be the Atlanta Brave I believe. Sharing colors is one thing, but sharing a name isn't something I really like. I don't know how others feel, but it's just my 2cents.

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

All the logos are at this link: http://news-journalonline.mycapture.com/mycapture/folder.asp?event=1314717&CategoryID=67755

Old primary.....lrg_Daytona_Cubs125.gif

New primary....37520670E.jpg

I'll reserve my opinions until I see them on the field....I'll say this, at least it's different from their parent club, and every other club in the league outside of Charlotte.....but that's where my biggest problem lies, it's looks too Rays like. Also, IMHO, this would have been a great opportunity to utilize a past Cubs look and use white pinstripes on the powder blue, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

UPGRADE!

thumbs_up.jpg

spacer.png

Archived