NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 1)

Dexter Morgan

1. Redskins still have the throwback pants which don't go with the current uniform. They couldn't fix that in the offseason?

I swear it's a different shade of yellow than the throwback. We might need ColorWerx to let us know of this. I know a video game isn't really an accurate source, but in Madden 12 it's more "yellow-gold". It looked that when I first saw them break it out last year on TV.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why so many people classify Seattle's uni's as modern. Sure they have a unique primary color, but the actual design of the uniform seem pretty traditional to me.

You're right. I should have used "updated" instead of modern.

No, you should have used "beautifully updated" as far as their home set is concerned. Their away look is plain ugly.

Top 3 Favorite matchups:

1. Patriots at Dolphins - I love the Aqua look from Miami and the away set from New England. The blue pants are great.

Miami+Dolphins+v+New+England+Patriots+QUwcRHsp70Xl.jpg

2. Vikings at Chargers - While I prefer the Powder blues, the away set that San Diego wears is my second favorite in the league behind the Texans. Minnesota on the other hand just looks awesome in this uniform.

adrian-peterson-san-diego.jpg

3. Panthers vs Cardinals - While I usually hate all-white uniforms, Carolina has a wonderful look with the perfect mix of blue. This is my favorite Arizona set behind their all-red look. Great matchup.

Carolina-Panthers-vs-Arizona-Cardinals-335x220.jpg

Worst look of the Week

While I will probably be hated for this, I cannot stand the new away look for the Bills. There is just too much white. They really need the blue pants. As far as the Chiefs, I believe they are in desperate need of an update.

spiller.jpg

spacer.png

Back for a second season...

Infrared41's best and worst looking games of the week. (Not that anyone care's but...Apologies for being so late with it this week.)

Questions and comments (and telling me how wrong I am) are always welcomed. :D

Best:

1. Seahawks - 49ers: One of the best home looks in the NFL hosting what is fast becoming my favorite road uniform in the NFL. A perfect match-up of traditional and modern.

Seahawks_49ers_Football_90030_game.jpgSeahawks_49ers_Football_89962_game.jpg

5. Bills - Chiefs: How about that? The Bills finally made the best looking list without the need of a throwback. (to be honest, the Bills helmets got them here more than anything else.) The Chiefs don't have much trouble making the best list. They have one of the best looks in football.

Bills_Chiefs_Football_89865_game.jpg

Honorable mention: Lions - Bucs. There are some teams who look really good in all-white. The Bucs almost look really good in all-white. The Lions are a helmet stripe and number font away from greatness.

Worst:

Lucky for us, there weren't any truly awful match-ups this week. Vikings - Chargers came close. The Chargers uniforms have some serious issues, but they aren't entirely awful. The Vikings are everything that's wrong with modern uniforms.

That's it for this week. Be sure to tune in next week for another exciting episode.

I like the Seahawks look overall, although I wish the blue was a little more vibrant. To each their own, but I hate this 49ers look. The gold on the pants are completely dull, the jerseys are just downright plain, a red facemask like they had before would at least improve this look a little bit. The look they had before prior to 2009 was so much better.

The more I look at the Bills uniforms the more I dislike them. Ugly 80's stripes upon ugly 80's stripes, mixed in with a very simple look and forgetful look. I do like the helmet, sans the facemask. If I had a best list both the Lions - Bucs, and Vikings - Chargers would've been mine.

I don't understand why so many people classify Seattle's uni's as modern. Sure they have a unique primary color, but the actual design of the uniform seem pretty traditional to me.

You're right. I should have used "updated" instead of modern.

No, you should have used "beautifully updated" as far as their home set is concerned. Their away look is plain ugly.

Worst look of the Week

While I will probably be hated for this, I cannot stand the new away look for the Bills. There is just too much white. They really need the blue pants. As far as the Chiefs, I believe they are in desperate need of an update.

spiller.jpg

1. You say tomato... If we all liked the same looks, this place wouldn't be much fun would it?

2. Why yes, I do indeed hate you for saying that. :D Seriously though, I agree that the Bills road look isn't the greatest. Usually, I'm not a big fan of dark pants with a white jersey but in the case of the Bills, you're right, blue pants would probably look a lot better. The all white just looks unfinished or something. The Bills helmet, and the fact that KC looks great is what got them on the list.

BB52Big.jpg

On 9/15/2011 at 9:55 AM, nuordr said:

Worst look of the Week

Not by me. I miss the red helmet.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Worst look of the Week

spiller.jpg

Not by me. I miss the red helmet.

I do like the red helmet, but this white one looks good too.

spacer.png

Archived