NFL Uniforms 2011 (Week 1)

Dexter Morgan

gloves and cleats lance Briggs will be wearing on Sunday. Apparently he will be getting fined too

393074678.jpg

Why would they fine him? Isn't that just begging for vitriol to be thrown Goodell's way?

Number one, the NFL has always been super strict on their uniform codes. Secondly, that's a gross violation of U.S. Flag Code.

Uh, no. The US Flag is nowhere on them. Yea, there are parts of the flag (only technically), but the whole flag (which is what makes it the US Flag, NOT parts of it) is not on there.

US Flag theme is not anywhere close to being the actual US Flag.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

gloves and cleats lance Briggs will be wearing on Sunday. Apparently he will be getting fined too

393074678.jpg

Why would they fine him? Isn't that just begging for vitriol to be thrown Goodell's way?

Number one, the NFL has always been super strict on their uniform codes. Secondly, that's a gross violation of U.S. Flag Code.

Uh, no. The US Flag is nowhere on them. Yea, there are parts of the flag (only technically), but the whole flag (which is what makes it the US Flag, NOT parts of it) is not on there.

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard.

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform.

I'd say all of these apply here, and don't refer only to a literal flag.

393074678.jpg

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

(g) The flag should never have placed upon it, nor on any part of it, nor attached to it any mark, insignia, letter, word, figure, design, picture, or drawing of any nature.

(h) The flag should never be used as a receptacle for receiving, holding, carrying, or delivering anything.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard.

You couldn't be more wrong. Where's the ACTUAL US Flag on there?

I only see the colors: red, white, blue, and few stars. If you can show me the actualy US Flag on Briggs' 9/11 themed stuff, by all means do it. If not, then get over it.

Red, white, blue, and stars DOES NOT equal the US Flag. Many other countries use those combos too (see pics below). Its when the ACTUAL Us Flag is being used then its technically a violation.

LIBE0001.GIF

PURC0001.GIF

CKIS0001.GIF

CUBA0001.GIF

CHIL0001.GIF

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Briggs has a point...I hope there is a big backlash against the league if they try to fine him. Better yet, I hope as many players as possible get these shoes and gloves.

If the teams have to wear hot pink for a month EVERY season, but can't show some patriotism on a VERY IMPORTANT, SOLEMN date...ridiculous.

I support Briggs in this 100%. Now just stop whining about your contract again and stop asking for trades. :D

87Redskins.png

393074678.jpg

I only see the colors: red, white, blue, and few stars. If you can show me the actualy US Flag on Briggs' 9/11 themed stuff, by all means do it. If not, then get over it.

Red, white, blue, and stars DOES NOT equal the US Flag. Many other countries use those combos too (see pics below). Its when the ACTUAL Us Flag is being used then its technically a violation.

LIBE0001.GIF

PURC0001.GIF

CKIS0001.GIF

CUBA0001.GIF

CHIL0001.GIF

Are you saying it's not meant to signify the U.S. flag? On 9/11, do you really think it may be implying any of the other flags you cited? Also, see the "no part of the flag..." clause. Clear up any ambiguity?

393074678.jpg

Are you saying it's not meant to signify the U.S. flag? On 9/11, do you really think it may be implying any of the other flags you cited? Also, see the "no part of the flag..." clause. Clear up any ambiguity?

All I'm saying is you need to know what you're talking about when you site violations. You are 100% worng, period. Something that can possibly resemble the US Flag is NOT the US Flag. How hard is that to understand? It doesn't matter if it is an United States of American theme while using the colors: red, white, and blue and adding a few stars. Again, the ACTUAL US Flag does not appear on there, so therefore it's ok. By your point of view, the former WLAF Ohio Glory's logo, colors, and uniforms would be a viloation too....which they WERE NOT.

Your opinion and actual fact are obviously two different things. If you're going to state something like this, them let it be known that it's only your opinion and not a fact.

That is all.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Jets are going to wear their green jersey Sunday night, no word on which pants yet. Hopefully not green. Jets look like pickles in all green.

I hope no green/green all year hate that look.

They will also wear Titans throwbacks week 2 vs. the Jaguars

Green on green looks awesome IMO! It is much better than white on white.

spacer.png

Jets are going to wear their green jersey Sunday night, no word on which pants yet. Hopefully not green. Jets look like pickles in all green.

I hope no green/green all year hate that look.

They will also wear Titans throwbacks week 2 vs. the Jaguars

Titan thrownbacks should be thrown in the trash.

Why the hell would we wear a uniform of a team that never finished over .500 in their 3 years of existence?

Wanna wear a throwback, wear these.

bfhegxqd4hqxgwqgrhz300l00.gif

Heck, the Jets should always wear these. The green they wear now is too dark.

I am surprised that the NFL hasn't jumped on the "patriotic" gloves and cleats idea. There are some players doing it, but the league hasn't organized anything yet. It seems right up their alley, considering their Breast Cancer Awareness month.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

393074678.jpg

All I'm saying is you need to know what you're talking about when you site violations. You are 100% worng, period. Something that can possibly resemble the US Flag is NOT the US Flag. How hard is that to understand? It doesn't matter if it is an United States of American theme while using the colors: red, white, and blue and adding a few stars. Again, the ACTUAL US Flag does not appear on there, so therefore it's ok. By your point of view, the former WLAF Ohio Glory's logo, colors, and uniforms would be a viloation too....which they WERE NOT.

Your opinion and actual fact are obviously two different things. If you're going to state something like this, them let it be known that it's only your opinion and not a fact.

That is all.

Ooo! I'm gonna say this round goes to JohnnySeoul... w/o a Doubt.

90758391980.gif

Too bad. I was looking forward to finally seeing the Cowboys in blue.

This thread isn't officially the weekly NFL Uniforms note until Dennissbergan joins the party:

"The Cowboys will be in their white jersey's [sic] and silver-green pantaloos"

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

This thread isn't officially the weekly NFL Uniforms note until Dennissbergan joins the party:

"The Cowboys will be in their white jersey's [sic] and silver-green pantaloos"

I was thinking I wouldn't have to go back to that schtick again this year. Because I assumed that the Jets would be wearing white in their home opener against Jerry's kids.

After wearing white jersey's and silver/green knickers for all 19 non-throwback games in the 2010 campaign, by looking at the schedule they may do the exact same thing again this year. Unless somebody throws a curveball out there and wears white at home that normally wouldn't, I think the classic/worn out whites will be there all year again this year for America's Team.

Archived