Coyotes 15th Anniversary Logo

uah8tr

I was watching the ice installation video on the Phoenix Coyotes website, and it showed them putting in the 15th Anniversary logo at center ice.

Coyotes Ice Installation Photos: Picture 8

In picture 8 of the slideshow, you can see it. It's just a sand and red banner below the howling coyote head logo.

I know there are going to be a lot of posts following this one saying something along the lines of, "It should be a final season patch" or whatever.

But as far as logo design is concerned, I really don't like it when teams just slap a little banner underneath an existing logo. I just don't get how they are going to incorporate it onto the jersey. They could have done so much more.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But as far as logo design is concerned, I really don't like it when teams just slap a little banner underneath an existing logo. I just don't get how they are going to incorporate it onto the jersey. They could have done so much more.

That's what happens when a league is running your team. The league is going to put as little money and effort into this as possible, inorder to save costs while waiting for the latest potential ownership group to give up and pull it's offer...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Alright, before this devolves into yet another thread talking about relocation... can we discuss the logo here?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I know that there's not much you can do with the team logo, but a small banner at the bottom is pretty poor. I could've done better than that! Like I said, I know that it would be awkward, but couldn't they have incorporated the logo into the number (like the Sens did with the 'O" as the ")" in 20, or (as a hypothetical) the Isles or Oilers making their logo the ")" in 30/40?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Alright, before this devolves into yet another thread talking about relocation... can we discuss the logo here?

I don't think there is a lot left to say. The OP pretty much nailed it in his post.

And now that BigMac has posted, you just know this will degenerate into the destruction of Jobing.com Arena and calling down of holy hellfire...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Getting back to Mockba's demands, what should of the Coyotes have done? A bigger banner, or no banner at all?

They have a third jersey with a leaping coyote on it. Use that, bisecting the number 15 and a small banner underneath with the dates, quick, dirty, not cheap looking...

tigercatssignature-1.png

I actually don't mind going simple and just using a banner.

The problem is that you have a largely angular logo and a largely horizontal banner. Because the banner just sits beneath the logo, you've got awkward looking negative space.

It's not lame and easy because they just used a banner, it's lame and easy because they just used a banner without worrying about composition.

Getting back to Mockba's demands, what should of the Coyotes have done? A bigger banner, or no banner at all?

No banner at all. Trumpeting your continued existence is rather gauche when you're only able to do so via taxpayer subsidy.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

*sigh* fine. The Coyotes are my local AHL team's new affiliate, anyway, so I guess I need to maintain some sort of cordiality.

Anyway, it definitely looks cheap and thrown together, but there's nothing majorly "wrong" with it. A little bit more work should've gone into it. Like people have said, the banner looks cheap and just thrown in in five seconds.

What STL Fanatic said, the horizontal banner and the angular logo don't work together at all and make it seem awkward.

spacer.png

I think using a badge design with the banner and maybe the current and first logos would look better. On the jerseys I could see just putting the logo on the front shoulder area and calling it good though. The horizontal vs. Vertical logo makes sense tho. Bad call

Archived