MNF scoreboard

ONUV

What the hell ESPN? How did you manage to make your graphic worse?

espnmnf2009.png

2011-09-12%25252018.33.28.jpg

They're going backwards in time. Where was this in the 90's when we all had fuzzy TVs and couldn't see the score? Now in the day of HD we have a numbers that are literally twice as big as the players' heads.

The graphics package itself is alright. I don't like how it's completely different from the rest of the graphics they use on ESPN, though. The scoreboard, however, is terrible. It's like they combined the past 3 graphics packages into one huge scoreboard. Totally unnecessary to have it that huge, especially in HD. They should've just ran with the slight adjustment the college football scoreboard got this season (which looks great) and called it a day

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

The real question is what is more obnoxious: the scoreboard or Chris Berman's tie?

FYP.

Anyway, what I never understood about scoreboard bugs is why networks insist on leaving so much space between the bug and the edge of the screen. Seems to me they should have it flush with the top or bottom edge so it's less likely to get in the way of the action.

CCSLC signature.png

The team logos are unnecessary, and take up a lot of space. I think we can figure out who NE and MIA are without a 6 inch logo.

Or better yet, use the combined space between the logo and the abbreviation to do something daring like put "PATRIOTS" and "DOLPHINS."

You'd swear networks would figure stuff like that (that less is often more) out. But they never do.

nav-logo.png

FYP.

Anyway, what I never understood about scoreboard bugs is why networks insist on leaving so much space between the bug and the edge of the screen. Seems to me they should have it flush with the top or bottom edge so it's less likely to get in the way of the action.

Standard def vs. high def TV's, their resolution and aspect ratios mainly. I can watch the same game on two TV's - one in my family room and one in my guest bedroom - and the bar will be 2/3rds of the way down the screen on one, and barely visible at the bottom on the other.

nav-logo.png

Archived