The "Suck for Luck" Campaign

rmackman

Fans of NFL teams are already rooting for their teams to lose so they can have Andrew Luck. Even Colts fans, who still have Peyton Manning (until he decides he has to retire), are arguing that they deserve him. I wonder how that makes Peyton feel. Anyways, here's an article that ESPN wrote: http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread-AndrewLuck/andrew-luck-slam-dunk-top-pick-nfl-draft

Here are some shirts/signs that are already out:

suck_for_luck.jpg

suck-for-luck-white-front-back-front-shown_design.png

untitltmt.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I seem to recall the same sort of craze for Matt Leinart after he decided ot stay at USC for an extra season.

Not only did his draft stock plummet, but he turned out to be a total BUST of a quarterback.

6uXNWAo.png

I seem to recall the same sort of craze for Matt Leinart after he decided ot stay at USC for an extra season.

Not only did his draft stock plummet, but he turned out to be a total BUST of a quarterback.

Add to the list: JaMarcus Russell, Joey Harrington, Brady Quinn, David Carr, Ryan Leaf...throwing a season to get a highly touted QB doesnt always work out for the better!

I'm at school in Indiana, I'm surrounded by Colts idiots. They are absolutely obnoxious (though much more reasonable when talking about the Pacers). I literally heard a Suck for Luck chant in my dorm this past Sunday. Way to throw Peyton under the bus.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Andrew Luck won't be a bust he will be one of the best QBs for the next dozen years. Its the Dolphins chance to get another Marino finally.

Luck be a Dolphin Next Year

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Like many other things, I'm a bit confused and I'm gonna talk a little bit out of my butt. Here's what I'm working with though: http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/luck_andrew00.html

Isn't Luck a RS-Junior and couldn't he stay another year if he wanted to? What would happen then you "Suck for Luck" folks?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Colts fans aren't throwing Peyton under the bus. What we're doing is hoping that this situation shows the Colts that they should actually try to draft and groom Peyton's eventual replacement rather than rely on the Jim Sorgis, Dan Orlovskys, and Curtis Painters of the world and have to sign Kerry Collins in a desperate move when they realize that the back-up is horrible.

Instead of going into a complete free-fall like the Colts are this year, we're just looking towards securing the future and having a Montana/Young or Favre/Rodgers type transition not the Young to 10 years of scurbs, or Aikman to nobodies type transitions. And they'll be at the front of all the other rounds as well to try and hit on some draft picks and reload on the fly, rather than rely on Peyton to hide the team's deficiencies forever, then fall flat when they can't overcome those without him.

Sorry for looking for the long-term stability and success of the franchise.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Isn't Luck a RS-Junior and couldn't he stay another year if he wanted to?

Yes. He is in the enviable position of not having to declare for the draft until he knows exactly who's going to take him.

You can't tank a season just for a prospect. Not only can you not ask your current players to hurt their own careers by losing games, but he might not even declare. And unless you're the 2008 Lions, there's also the very real possibility that some other team will suck a little more than you and you won't get him anyway.

Hoping for:

1. - Kansas City Chiefs

When has this franchise ever had a good QB? Not buying Cassell, and even Montana was average because he was in the twilight of his career. He'll have weapons (Charles, McCluster, Baldwin, and possibly Bowe if he sticks around) and can turn around the Chiefs around.

2. - Miami Dolphins

Dolphins fans deserve Luck after putting up with the Patriots and Jets for the past 10 years while suffering through QBs like AJ Feely, Chad Pennington, John Beck, and Chad Henne. Maybe this time they'd actually try to build a team around their franchise QB.

3. - Seattle Seahawks

Again, a franchise that has drifted from average QB to average QB, though Hasselbeck was underrated IMO.

Cheering against:

- Minnesota Vikings

Don't need another stud QB in the division

- Indianapolis Colts

You just ending a dominate 15 year run with a top-3 QB of all time. You deserve a few years of mediocrity before you can find the next guy... this probably comes after the Packers hit it off with 2 ELITE QBs in succession after it took the Lions 50 years between decent QBs

- San Francisco 49ers

This one is a longshot but it's personal to me after Harbaugh chose the 49ers over Michigan. Enjoy Alex Smith, Jimmy.

Also, Luck and Landry Jones need to end up in the AFC to balance out the next-gen QB ratio. Look at the break down:

NFC: Ryan, Freeman, Stafford, Bradford, Newton, and possibly Kolb.

AFC: Sanchez, Flacco, possibly McCoy, maybe Dalton.

Luck is indeed a great quarterback, but I have a hard time believing he's that much better than other possible first-round QB's. I think the teams that need a QB badly and miss out on Luck won't be too disappointed with Landry Jones, Kellen Moore... hell, maybe even Case Keenum and Robert Griffin could merit consideration. Those guys aren't bad consolation prizes at all.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Luck is indeed a great quarterback, but I have a hard time believing he's that much better than other possible first-round QB's. I think the teams that need a QB badly and miss out on Luck won't be too disappointed with Landry Jones, Kellen Moore... hell, maybe even Case Keenum and Robert Griffin could merit consideration. Those guys aren't bad consolation prizes at all.

I believe Luck is as good as advertised. It's not just his smarts, but he makes some throws that make your jaw drop. Plus, he's doing it with marginal talent at Stanford, not Florida, Bama, or Oklahoma.

Landry Jones is legit. You're not going to like to hear this, but Kellen Moore has a Colt McCoy-type ceiling. He has marginal arm-strength at best and doesn't have the prototypical-NFL size. However, he has that same "all-I-do-is-win" moxy that McCoy has. I don't believe that Keenum has any type of NFL future. Robert Griffin intrigues me... I think I really like him. Here's my rankings:

1. Luck

2. Jones

T3. Griffin

T3. Barkley

5. Moore

Archived