New UNC Sublimated Designs

Bravo96

The horror! A full decade of perfection (minus the one year of Nike horns) has been undermined by Nike's new design for the back of UNC's once-traditional and classic uniforms.

Gaze: On white, that's almost bearable, but this... this monstrosity...

7023453.jpg

Ahhh! My eyes!!

7023448.jpg

As a major Heels fan, all I can say is, I are pissed. Thoughts?

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

The horror! A full decade of perfection (minus the one year of Nike horns) has been undermined by Nike's new design for the back of UNC's once-traditional and classic uniforms.

Gaze: On white, that's almost bearable, but this... this monstrosity...

7023453.jpg

Ahhh! My eyes!!

7023448.jpg

As a major Heels fan, all I can say is, I are pissed. Thoughts?

I like this. I just hope that if Oregon does it, they don't put 20 O's on the side.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I say stay "traditional"... Keep the blue and white and the argyle design and that is enough...

Agreed! Also, just noticed the argyle pattern is different. It used to take up about 3/4 of the side panels, but now it appears to run up and down the entire length. I'm so :censored: mad at Nike right now. Why :censored: up a good design?

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Bannertop.jpeg

I say stay "traditional"... Keep the blue and white and the argyle design and that is enough...

Agreed! Also, just noticed the argyle pattern is different. It used to take up about 3/4 of the side panels, but now it appears to run up and down the entire length. I'm so :censored: mad at Nike right now. Why :censored: up a good design?

The history of the argyle looks to at least be mostly full length.

Here's Zeller

605101.jpg and the '05 champs

Jason Capel

20_capel-A-T.JPG

They also probably went at least to the waistband on the Alexander Julian's that started the argyle.

Jamison%20Carter%20UNC.jpg

I never did like the argyle look. I like the Michael Jordan look.

As for the subliminal stuff, yuck.

The argyle hasn't changed since the uniforms were redone for 2000-2001 (when the home argyle went from white to that horrid color they call "blue"). The original argyle was actually better and it actually was made of at least one additional shade of blue/navy than the revised version.

The only other changes for this year were going from the Nike Silver Elite logo to the Nike Titanium Elite logo on the neckline (same with Florida this year).

Of course, you realize that when we see the shorts, they are going to have the laser holes integrated into the argyle - that is going to be a hot mess.

The problem with Carolina's aerographic is that unlike Duke's which is just the gothic architecture of the chapel with a Duke basketball logo over it, they put tons of images all over the back and made a mess. (Most of the other schools do this too and it doesn't work).

And then there is the addition of the 1924 Helm's bread factory retroactive championship near the name on the back (look carefully).

The other problem with almost all of the aerographics is that they don't go all the way down the back or across the sides, thus resulting in the term "sweatback."

Note that Duke's are different than every other school as they take up the entire back of the jersey and as such don't appear to be as paper thin - it works much better and gets rid of the "sweat" look.

Actually, UNC has changed the argyle on our uniforms slightly. They now have four blue diamonds on the shorts where they used to only have three.

As for the Helms championship, UNC already set a precedent by hanging a banner for it beside the banners for our five NCAA titles. I like to tell people that we have 5 1/2 titles.

I'm usually pretty traditional when it comes to uniforms... basketball I'm a little more liberal about. I am actually surprised I like these. When you see them on TV, you can't really tell they are part of the uniform, it just looks like it could be sweat or a shadow. When its up close, you can tell there is some sort of design.

The only change I would make is the level of detail on the sublimated designs. For the most part, they is too much going on, so you need a still picture to actually see what the design is. I think a little subtraction would be an addition, not just in this case, but in all the cases... Ohio State, Texas, Duke, etc.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The problem is Nike has fused two of their good designs, Hyperdunk and Elite, into this monstrosity, which they call "HyperElite." Good basketball schools get them. We are an excellent basketball school. I find myself wishing we weren't.

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Bannertop.jpeg

Archived