Steve Yzerman's NHL: Dallas Stars

raysox

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the idea of simplifying the uniforms and logos, and you've done a great job doing it. I may be a bit out of the loop, but why is this called 'Yzermanizing'? Did Steve Yzerman have a hand in redoing the Lightning's look?

Sigs are for sissies.

Dallas Stars

I really like their current logo, but I do think it is slightly outdated. That is what I wanted to do, update and simplify. Obviously an all green look would look great, and be a faux throwback to the North Stars, while the logo breaks away from that.

Just messing with the current, I made the gold part green, and the green part white. it actually looked real nice. Kind of what I was looking for, simplicity in the star. This is the first one that will actually be able to work in green and white. They don't have a good alternate, so since they're the only team in Texas, they get a Texas outline. The other alt logo is a circle logo which just kind of ties together all of the logos.

Stars.png

I love when jerseys don't have hem stripes while their sleeves do. The jersey looks really nice in my opinion. I wanted to do that sometime, and figured Dallas was a good opportunity since they don't have them now. Pretty simple, I guess. Monochrome green with the same font on the script.

StarsJrs.png

I'm fully prepared for people to think this is the... least best of the 3. But I think it's an update that could work if they want to move on from the Minnesota days, whilst bringing back the green full time.

Compare3.png

I rather like it. My one issue would be the new STRS for the main logo - the letters are too narrow in comparison to the A formed by the star. I'd love to see a version where, perhaps, the ST and RS are wide enough to reach the end of the star, but not further like the current main logo.

Just a thought!

Dallas Stars

StarsJrs.png

It's not bad, but it may be "least best" so far. The striping is so plain, that maybe we could go a little bit more out there - star themed striping, shooting star pants stripe, IDK - but it definitely works as-is. One tweak to the logo, I would try to use Kerning on the s,t,r and s in stars to end at the tips of the star.

Oh, and the Ribeiro jersey is missing the shoulder patches on the front view.

I rather like it. My one issue would be the new STRS for the main logo - the letters are too narrow in comparison to the A formed by the star. I'd love to see a version where, perhaps, the ST and RS are wide enough to reach the end of the star, but not further like the current main logo.

Just a thought!

Great minds, right?

I agree with the consensus that the letters on the STRS logo are just a touch too narrow.

I love the colors of the jersey. It's a good shade of green, and just what Dallas should be aiming for.

I'm still unsure about your decision to exclude hem striping. I think two thin stripes could work rather nicely. Other than that, I really love this set.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

not a fan of the new logo you made for dallas... i personally think the current stars primary logo is simple and timeless, and would have translated well enough in simple 2 color as it is.

also, small nitpick, but i'd put established 1967 since it just says STARS... if it said DALLAS STARS, i'd put 1993.

i'm a fan of the sweaters though. simple and classy.

Oh, and I thought about making purple and gold LA's color scheme, but then I remembered the Clippers, but figured they could move.

*cough cough turning a profit, cheapest lease at a state-of-the-art arena cough cough* B)

Love the Kings, especially the purple-and-gold version someone posted. That logo is fantastic.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Stars kind of work like that--although I'm not a fan of the piping--that's one thing I'd change.

After all--if you're Yzermaning teams--the Lightning have no piping...

Just a thought--but a fun thread.

I'm enjoying it.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'm not the biggest hockey fan in the world, so could someone explain what it means to "Yzermanize" a team?

Steve Yzerman, the GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning, played a huge role in the Lightning's recent rebranding. He cut down the team colors to blue and white and simplified the logo and unis. "Yzermanize" simply means to do the same thing for other teams.

Archived