NBC Signs NHL TV Deal

Starchild

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off topic, now that NBC owns USA, Conan O'Brien has been showing clips of Walker: Texas Ranger and Knight Rider.

...oh the eyes of the ranger are upon you,

anything you do he's gonna see...

so when you're in Texas look behind you,

'cuz that's where the Rangers's gonna be...

Oh Chuck Norris, where have you gone...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Off topic, now that NBC owns USA, Conan O'Brien has been showing clips of Walker: Texas Ranger and Knight Rider.

...oh the eyes of the ranger are upon you,

anything you do he's gonna see...

so when you're in Texas look behind you,

'cuz that's where the Rangers's gonna be...

Oh Chuck Norris, where have you gone...

If you watch the WWE, apparently he grew a few inches and morphed into the new bastardized version of the Undertaker. In all seriousness, however, anything that gets the NHL more direct attention is a good thing in my book. However, what has NBC really done for the mainstream viability of Arena Football. I mean, Arena Football does have a solid fan base, but it doesn't seem like their NBC deal has brought them any increased national attention. Of course, that might be because our team decided to skip town because Hameister's a douche. If NBC gives the NHL the chance to establish itself on an equal footing with the other major sports, more power to 'em...

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

NBC NEEDS a mjor sport, even if it the 4th major sport.

They need to advertise the hell out of it, and show as many games as possible.

If NBC puts more backing behind Arena Football than they do for the NHL, i will shoot every peacock i see....

...and I agree, Tesh should be brought in to do the theme...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

If NHL2Night is done, I'll miss it big-time. Bucci's the man

Amen Brother Mockba! :notworthy:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The whole All-Star Concept is kindalosing poularity anyway. I hope with the NBC deal they replace Gary Thorne and bring in someone like Mike Emerick and John Davidson.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The whole All-Star Concept is kindalosing poularity anyway. I hope with the NBC deal they replace Gary Thorne and bring in someone like Mike Emerick and John Davidson.

Well, with ESPN having the cable rights Thorne and Clement probably won't be on NBC. I belive NBC still has a partnership with Cablevison, so you most likely see Davisson as the color guy. As this is the only major sport they may us Costas for play-by-play or the desk. If Costas is at the desk then it will probably either be Marv Albert or Doc Emmerick. I think Marv used to do the Rangers, and Doc currently is the announcer for the Devils and used to be Fox's play-by-play guy.

Peter Puck would be awesome.

Have a pregame too would be nice.

Buccigross or Costas and someone else sould be sweet.

#1 Crew - Emrick/Costas and Davidson

Also, the insult continues on ESPN. Only regular season games on ESPN2? Just 47 regular season games between the two networks? Wow, Bettman must have had a tough time getting just that.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

NBC NEEDS a mjor sport, even if it the 4th major sport.

NBC has a major sport, at least a major TV Sport. NASCAR.

Folks may not want to admit it, but NASCAR draws as much fan attention on TV as the Baseball game of the week on FOX or the Hockey Games on ABC. And TV execs love them because fans of NASCAR are so loyal to their favorite drivers that they do tend to buy the products that Sponsor the owners cars or the telecasts themselves.

Right now you have to put NASCAR second only to the NFL in TV success.

notorious,

NASCAR is most certainly a sport, and some of the athletes who participate in that sport are in much better physical condition than many NFL players.

How good an athlete do you need to be to hit a baseball? Good hitters rely on quick reflexes and hand eye coordination. What do you think takes quicker reflexes and response time, hitting a baseball or driving bumper to bumper three wide at 190 miles per hour with a couple thousand pounds of metal under you? Now think about doing this for over 3 hours straight with only a few 15 second timeouts during pit stops. Tempartures in the cars hover around 120 degrees during the summer races.

I find it almost impossible to sit and watch a whole 9 inning baseball game (boring) and if you want to watch an NBA game you can just turn on the last three minutes and watch the intentional foul contests to see which team is better at making free throws, but I have gotten caught up in watching a race from start to finish because it really is interesting to watch drivers setting up other drivers for passes, watching the good ones make another driver loose just by pulling up on them in just the right spot or watching pit strategy.

I won't even go into the whole.. "who would you raher your children emulate Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Ron Artest or Dale Earnhardt Jr., Mark Martin, Matt Kenseth" debate

You don't have to like NASCAR but you can't honestly say that it is not a sport.

Let's not get in the NASCAR sport debate. Sure nascar is popular but it'd not a sport. The car does too much of the work. All the driver does is push a petal and turn the car left.

Personally, I find Auto racing to be like basketball, the only part that matter is the final 5 laps. I can't sit through a race.

Archived