New uniforms for the Astros in 2013?

shaydre1019

The Astros have a great look right now. Especially now that they actually wear gray on the road paired with the red caps. Solid set, not in need of change. Better than the blue and gold mess from the 90s or the barfed upon striped ones of the 80s.

The hell are you barfing.

Great, as if "South Texas Railmen" weren't a terrible enough proposal already, now I will read it as an imploration for South Texas to rail men. nttawwt

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If not navy and orange, like in the good old days, then they need to go back to the navy/old gold look immediately before they screwed everything up with the old timey western look. Those were the best looks they had.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Black and white is too close to the White Sox, who are more black/white/silver than they are black/silver. They're too close to the White Sox already.

I say neon Space Age orange with midnight blue. I made a concept for it in July.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I've said this before, but they need to go stark black and white...a deep space motif, maybe with shuttle imagery.

I tried something like that in a concept set sometime way back...didn't really go over all that well, though.

Imagery comin' atcha...now:

HOUastros-idp-v2.png

HOUastros-sg1-v2.png

HOUastros-sg2-v2.png

HOUastros-pma-v2.png

HOUastros-pma.png

That last one was actually my original version, with the "atmospheric blue" going on. The other four together are the revision.

(On an entirely different note: was anyone ever able to download any of those templates? I had a link to all those pasted in a thread somewhere but I done since forgot...AND I done somehow managed to accidentally erase my entire folder of concept files. Bummer.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I've said this before, but they need to go stark black and white...a deep space motif, maybe with shuttle imagery.

I tried something like that in a concept set sometime way back...didn't really go over all that well, though.

Imagery comin' atcha...now:

HOUastros-idp-v2.png

HOUastros-sg1-v2.png

HOUastros-sg2-v2.png

HOUastros-pma-v2.png

THIS HAS TO HAPPEN! I always prefered the 1990s Astros, and seeing them return with an updated color scheme is great.

spacer.png

A friend of friend who's close to the Astros (however reliable that is???) told me a couple of weeks ago they are looking at the possiblity of a modernized shooting star set in navy and orange. I would welcome that. Whatever they do I hope the pinstripes are gone we're not the Yankees.

HOUastros-pma-v2.png

(On an entirely different note: was anyone ever able to download any of those templates? I had a link to all those pasted in a thread somewhere but I done since forgot...AND I done somehow managed to accidentally erase my entire folder of concept files. Bummer.)

I like the idea, and I am definitely in favor of a color change (although I like their current logo set). I think this is one team that could use black without everyone yelling "BFBS!!!" Maybe not orange though, black and orange is all over the league since Miami's new reveal. Maybe yellow? Light blue?

I'm going to second Buc's call for the recovery of his baseball action templates, while we're at it.

Grunge-Logos.png

<Buc's concept>

I love the design, but the colors have to be different. I'm not sure how interested you are in revisiting this concept, but if you think navy is too overused, then try purple. The Frankfurt Galaxy did a phenomenal job of pulling off a space-themed identity using purple & orange and it would make the Astros the only purple team in the AL.

robinson.jpg

What's not to love about those helmets?

interesting, that Galaxy pic--and the idea of using purple and orange to convey a space theme. Perhaps split the difference and come up with a nice indigo shade? Any of you who've ever stuck a UV lens over a military flashlight (the blue one, that is) should get the picture.

I should also note that the orange in that concept set was actually meant to be metallic copper.

(Oh and Nick, I couldn't revisit that concept if I wanted to. Concept files go bye-bye. Actually...you still have that Mac machine? Did I leave anything on there?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

(Oh and Nick, I couldn't revisit that concept if I wanted to. Concept files go bye-bye. Actually...you still have that Mac machine? Did I leave anything on there?)

I was thinking maybe you could just photoshop the changes, but that might get a bit tedious. And I now see that you've cleverly watermarked the concept.

And yes, I still have the Mac... I'll check for those files when I get home!

Good look, kin! I presume you still have my gmail e-mail...if not, hit me via PM.

I loved the Astros late 90's scripts, but I also love the colors and the side panels used on the early 90's uniform, so I decided to make a hybrid, with this concept pretty much being the result. The colors are very Southwestern, but the scripts and logos are more futuristic. I realize the red jersey bp got cut off, but when I tried to fix it all the other jerseys got cut off on top. I created 2 cap logos, combining a star with an H or an A.

5728043305_24fa504bcd_b.jpg

This would be my ideal Astros look, with "Sun Orange", "Mars Red", and "Space Navy" being the colors.

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Archived