New uniforms for the Astros in 2013?

shaydre1019

I loved the Astros late 90's scripts, but I also love the colors and the side panels used on the early 90's uniform, so I decided to make a hybrid, with this concept pretty much being the result. The colors are very Southwestern, but the scripts and logos are more futuristic. I realize the red jersey bp got cut off, but when I tried to fix it all the other jerseys got cut off on top. I created 2 cap logos, combining a star with an H or an A.

5728043305_24fa504bcd_b.jpg

This would be my ideal Astros look, with "Sun Orange", "Mars Red", and "Space Navy" being the colors.

"Space Navy," aka "Star Fleet."

Nailed it!!!

Grunge-Logos.png

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind orange at all. Navy and orange is a striking combo that is probably symbolic of their best, and least garish, set in franchise history.

I'm awful when it comes to drawing up concepts, but I think the idea of pure black and white is my favorite idea tossed around in here, only because that's what one sees when they look up at the sky during night hours - millions of white stars against a pitch black background. It fits into what their motif should be - astronomy. I understand the White Sox look-a-like issue here, but how many damned teams, AL and NL, use navy and red in some form? I find there being "only" two teams with similar color schemes not nearly as bad by comparison.

spacer.png

I've posted several times that a modernized variation of this would be my ideal set, maybe heavier on the orange:

294536638_c85d5e6096.jpg

THIS is a great uniform, just sitting and waiting for an update, ala this year's Bluejays.

I love the 70's rainbows (yeah, I'm that guy) but even I'm not crazy enough to think it would work on an everyday basis now. The shooting star set is a keeper, though.

I've posted several times that a modernized variation of this would be my ideal set, maybe heavier on the orange:

294536638_c85d5e6096.jpg

I chuckled when I saw that cover... the two men seems a pair of baseball robots.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I love the idea of a black-copper-white colour scheme, and the Astros are the Big Four team best suited for the look by far.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Admiral wins. Maybe replace some of the orange with navy, and tighten up the left side gap between the shooting star lines.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Admiral wins. Maybe replace some of the orange with navy, and tighten up the left side gap between the shooting star lines.

Agreed. I love the way he modernised the shooting star/script.

But all the lettering is too "Bengals-esque", basic rounded letters and numbers with the outline-drop shadow.

So as im sure moat of you have heard, the Stros will be moving to the al west in 2013. I came across this and it says cranes gonna get feedback from fans regardin logos and uniforms etc.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2011/11/17/jim-crane-officially-approved-as-astros-new-owner-move-to-al-will-be-official-soon/

The best part of the article are the comments complaining about the Brewers not moving back to the AL because of Selig, who currently owns the Brewers apparently.

The best part of the article are the comments complaining about the Brewers not moving back to the AL because of Selig, who currently owns the Brewers apparently.

Logic and reason apparently goes out the window where he's concerned, for some reason.

The same people who think he's an idiot also think he's masterminding a grand conspiracy. :wacko:

But all the lettering is too "Bengals-esque", basic rounded letters and numbers with the outline-drop shadow.

Between outline, drop shadow, vertical arching, italic, and the shooting star, there's no room for a complex typeface. The treatment is more important.

Tom_Corbett_Space_Cadet_1.jpg

Had some sort of Space Age comic book in mind when I did this.

The same people who think he's an idiot also think he's masterminding a grand conspiracy. :wacko:

14425.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Buc, I love your concept. The black-orange combination, logos, number font, everything looks really slick.

Whatever they do, please just lose the pinstripes. I don't know why any team not named the Yankees still thinks this looks good. (Come to think of it, I don't know why the Yankees still think it looks good either but at the risk of invoking Hell, I'll just back away from that one.)

teamlogossig.png

There comes a point when you don't stand for the constant heartbreak anymore, and walk away.

The Yankees, Mets, Cubs, White Sox, Twins, and Brewers are the only teams that need pinstripes. The Phillies would look good in maroon pinstripes, but the red ones make them look pink. I like them, but not so much that every team should have them. Consider that in the last ten years, we've lost pinstripes on the Padres, Expos, Diamondbacks, and Marlins, at least.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Consider that in the last ten years, we've lost pinstripes on the Padres, Expos, Diamondbacks, and Marlins, at least.

... and the Reds, the Twins on the road, and maybe the Rockies on the road this year. (I'd like one team to keep them/add them on the road. Cubs, step up.)

If one team were to adopt road pinstripes, the Cubs would be perfect. IMO they had the only good-looking road pinstripes in baseball history:

Chicago-Cubs--2323-Blue-Pinstripe-Throwback-Jersey-7052-13037.jpg

I think a button-up gray version of this would look sharp (provided that the pinstripes were blue). Anyone willing/able to mock one up?

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Archived