New uniforms for the Astros in 2013?

shaydre1019

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So as im sure moat of you have heard, the Stros will be moving to the al west in 2013. I came across this and it says cranes gonna get feedback from fans regardin logos and uniforms etc.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2011/11/17/jim-crane-officially-approved-as-astros-new-owner-move-to-al-will-be-official-soon/

Back on topic, I'm sure Astros fans will spermatize some great logos, but in the end the front office will probably just emblaze some bivinyl Ugg boots with some sort of guerrilla ripoff logo. Booyah.

Seriously though, I hope the Astros come up with something new for the swap to the AL. I think the current logo set is pretty good but the colors don't really scream "SPACE PROGRAM!" or whatever to me. Ditch the brick red and tan for something more unique.

EDIT- In my defense, I was typing that as Lee was laying down the law. Any chance to be grandfathered in?

Grunge-Logos.png

So as im sure moat of you have heard, the Stros will be moving to the al west in 2013. I came across this and it says cranes gonna get feedback from fans regardin logos and uniforms etc.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2011/11/17/jim-crane-officially-approved-as-astros-new-owner-move-to-al-will-be-official-soon/

Seriously though, I hope the Astros come up with something new for the swap to the AL. I think the current logo set is pretty good but the colors don't really scream "SPACE PROGRAM!" or whatever to me. Ditch the brick red and tan for something more unique.

What about it they keep the colors but become the South Texas Railmen like they were considering when they opened Enron Field? New league, new name?

What about it they keep the colors but become the South Texas Railmen like they were considering when they opened Enron Field? New league, new name?

Crane said in no uncertain terms yesterday that the team is the Astros, and there will be no name change. He was asked specifically about it.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Crane said in no uncertain terms yesterday that the team is the Astros, and there will be no name change. He was asked specifically about it.

South Texas Railmen just sounds too Minor League. I mean "Astros" is pretty 70s, but it's got history at this point.

Grunge-Logos.png

South Texas Railmen just sounds too Minor League. I mean "Astros" is pretty 70s, but it's got history at this point.

I don't like when people throw around the word "gay" as a way of saying they don't like something, but "Railmen" is much too homoerotic for a pro sports team.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Any change MUST involve the shooting star. Not necessarily the colors, but yes, the star.

It MUST.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Astros have a great look right now. Especially now that they actually wear gray on the road paired with the red caps. Solid set, not in need of change. Better than the blue and gold mess from the 90s or the barfed upon striped ones of the 80s.

As for Railmen, I'm an engineer that deals with surveyors all the time. A position on a survey crews is a 'Rodman'. That sounds even gayer.

Archived