MiLB

zilch

Thats not the case at all.

Take the Nationals affiliates for example-

When washington rebranded from their gold beveled scripts to what they have now; It's affiliates kept their same logos that were based of of the original Nationals logos.

senators-thumb-200x200-17608712.gif?w=200&h=200

potomac-nationals.jpg

However, when you have a minor league team whose logo is just a direct variation of its major league affiliate, the team usually rebrands to reflect its affiliate's new logo, or rebrands to a whole new logo set.

A good, recent example of this is the Dunedin Blue Jays-

Dunedin_Blue_Jays.gif

logo_200x200.gif

20111120235436142_1.jpg

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Some do. Some don't. Some wait a year or two before they do. They are not required to do anything. The few that are owned by their parent club (like my former place of employment, the Springfield Cardinals) may make immediate changes, but most do not have to change their identity unless they wish to.

The Syracuse Chiefs are an example of a team that moved to another parent club, but still use their former parent clubs identity. (They used to be the AAA affiliate of the Jays, but are now the AAA affiliate of the Nationals. But I'm sure you already knew that ;) ).

However, they did adopt a red alt recently to get with the Nationals colors. But this one is especially weird in the regard that the Blue Jays just updated their identity, but the old Silver/Black Jays identity stands. Will they change to be more Washingtonian? Well they keep it the same? Will they go with the classic Jays identity as a Nats' AAA team? B)

25yzwqg.png

The Portland Sea Dogs have had one logo in their 18-year history, but recolored after the 2003 transition from being the Florida Marlins affiliates to the Boston Red Sox affiliate.

Portland_Sea_Dogs-logo-1AAD1BD807-seeklogo.com.gif

250px-Portland_Sea_Dogs.svg.png

20-15446-MediumImage.jpg

Sea_Dogs_Snap_Back_Hat_500x500_300.jpg

I actually prefer the teal, considering their "aquatic" name. I wonder, had the Sea Dogs remained the Marlins affiliate up to the 2012 redesign, what would their logo look like? Would it have been the same (doubtful), or would it have been redesigned to look similar to the Marlins logo? Would it just be recolored to orange?

I should also note that upon looking at the my authentic Sea Dogs red-billed cap, the skull part has either been changed back to or stayed black.

072bc138.jpg?t=1322092348

A crappy cellphone pic, but the Red Sox hat is there to show navy blue. You can see the difference in color between the two caps.

spacer.png

The Portland Sea Dogs have had one logo in their 18-year history, but recolored after the 2003 transition from being the Florida Marlins affiliates to the Boston Red Sox affiliate.

I actually prefer the teal, considering their "aquatic" name. I wonder, had the Sea Dogs remained the Marlins affiliate up to the 2012 redesign, what would their logo look like? Would it have been the same (doubtful), or would it have been redesigned to look similar to the Marlins logo? Would it just be recolored to orange?

I should also note that upon looking at the my authentic Sea Dogs red-billed cap, the skull part has either been changed back to or stayed black.

The Brevard County Manatees did the same thing. They were a Marlins affiliate from 1994-2001. In 2002 they became an Expos affiliate. During this time period, they used this logo:

-144591605192258160.jpg

Then in 2005 when the Expos became the Nationals and the Expos affiliation became a Brewers affiliation, the team ended up with a similar color scheme to the Nats, with whom the Manatees shared a stadium during spring training.

Manatees.JPEG

I heard Yankees are changing all their minor league affiliates names to be individualized and not the Yankees. Does anyone know if this is true/have a link?

I've heard the rumor, but don't think it's official yet.

Surprised about the Staten Island Yankees - I thought the Baby Bombers were doing pretty well with the name.

The Birmingham Barons have maintained a pretty consistent identity since their current form came about in the early 1980's, and have had two different affiliations.

The Montgomery Biscuits didn't make any changes when the Rays did, I don't believe.

tacobell.jpg

Yes, I root for teams all over the place. And I apparently favor birds.

I am intrested to see if the Buffalo Bisons drop their black road hats like the Mets did. The Herd started taking black out of the uniforms last year. They switched the blue jersey to alternate and black to BP and dropped the black alternate hat.

n0fd1z6xmhigb0eej3323ebwq.gifi40oxcdbo7xtfamqqhqachoyo.gif

For some reason I dont like when minor league clubs use the same name as the parent clubs, I feel they should all have their own identity..

My hometown team wore these

viTXi.jpg

GfayQ.jpg

Now they look just like the parent club

7vBkt.jpg

If you are going to use the same name, please be unique with the jerseys

I heard Yankees are changing all their minor league affiliates names to be individualized and not the Yankees. Does anyone know if this is true/have a link?

I really hope this isn't true. I'm not usually a big fan of affiliates using their parent club's name, but I'm not really too much against it either, as long as it's done right. IMO the Yanks have done it right with MOST of their namesake affiliates. I think all of their current ones (GCL, Tampa, Staten Island, & Scranton-Wilkes Barre) are pretty good. I wasn't too much of a fan of the Oneonta Yankees or the Battle Creek Yankees, though. I just hope they think better of this idea and leave them alone. I also hope that those rumors circulating last year about the Tampa Yanks moving to Orlando aren't true either. The Yanks spring training and minor league facilities would remain in Tampa, while the FSL team moves to Orlando. I think it's too much of an inconvenience to the organization and to the players. Plus, the Yankees have a strong presence in Tampa. They really don't need to change a thing (except maybe new SWB Yanks jerseys when they move back into PNC Field for 2013).

For selfish reasons I HOPE they move or change the name of the Tampa Yanks, good lord please do. I HATE having a team called the Yankees playing in Tampa, for many reasons, not the least of which it is the Rays rival. Also it's a constant depressing reminder that my home state's unique culture is being eroded all so people can escape cold NY weather (not to mention were the butt of all retirement jokes).

niagaraq.png

For some reason I dont like when minor league clubs use the same name as the parent clubs, I feel they should all have their own identity..

My hometown team wore these

viTXi.jpg

GfayQ.jpg

brandoncrawford.jpg

Now they look just like the parent club

If you are going to use the same name, please be unique with the jerseys

Yeah I loved with the San Jose Giants had their own unique uniform set. I used to go watch, root, etc... from 88 until I moved away because they were the home town team (and didn't try to be their parent club who I loathe like no other team). Then I moved away and they switched to their SF copying jerseys they wear today and I can't even look at them anymore. I mean other than the home uni being white instead of cream they're almost carbon copies of San Francisco now.

IMG_0034_3.jpg

Home

ZachWheeler_display_image.jpg

Away

InlandEmpirevs.SanJoseGiants042011_2479_original_crop_650x440.jpg?1305622858

Alternate

Archived