All-Time Basketball Draft DISCUSSIONS Thread

mania

I was torn between KG and David Robinson. With the rush on bigs I pretty much had to grab somebody. KG's gonna be a hall of famer, he's one of the great forwards to ever play the game.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KG this early? That's the most surprising pick so far IMO

KG is on quite a few top 50 players of all-time lists. Seeing him go in the second round really isn't all that surprising to me.

I agree its in the top 50, but there are so many better players still on the board. I take back the most surpring part though, that still goes to griffinmarlins and Reggie Miller

Dude, why do you care so much I took Reggie Miller in the first round? Worry about who you pick, its not like I picked Jameer Nelson or something incredibly retarded.

He can't. He doesn't have a team. It seems we have a spectator.

BB52Big.jpg

To make it plain Reggie's my all time favorite player ever. I was happy to see him get taken in the first round, that being said I was pissed I couldn't sneak him in during a later round. He's not the "sexiest" pick but he was arguably one of the top all time clutch players to ever play, and probably the greatest 3 point/free throw shooter in NBA history.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

OK, it seems the selection process is stalled for the first time. Should my pick come up before then, I'm going to be out until 5-6pm. I'll make my pick as soon as I get home.

I don't think timing that much is because we don't have nearly as many rounds to get through as we did with the MLB draft and people do seem to be picking at a decent rate at night, but I'd say later on it may not be a bad idea to bring back the time limits.

I don't think its much of an issue now, but were not at the point yet where guys like Jeff Hornacek and Mookie Blaylock become realistic draft choices.

KG this early? That's the most surprising pick so far IMO

KG is on quite a few top 50 players of all-time lists. Seeing him go in the second round really isn't all that surprising to me.

I agree its in the top 50, but there are so many better players still on the board. I take back the most surpring part though, that still goes to griffinmarlins and Reggie Miller

Dude, why do you care so much I took Reggie Miller in the first round? Worry about who you pick, its not like I picked Jameer Nelson or something incredibly retarded.

This is the draft discussion thread, and I'm discussing the draft. I don't care at all who you pick

You're fine, infrared, I won't have access to a computer until 8:00 tonight. I'm on my iPhone right now.

Sorry for holding everyone up. I've already contacted mania, and I'll get my pick in as soon as I get home tonight.

Cool. No problem.

BB52Big.jpg

The Colonels select "The Big E", power forward Elvin Hayes. Piece #2 in my "all 70's & 80's team." B) Thoughts?

I was giving big Moses some serious thought as well. It came down to either best available in Malone or a guy I really wanted to draft in Hayes. Anything Chicago made it an easy decision. I also thought about going a different direction and taking my chances that the Big E would be available with my third pick, but the other position I was considering is much deeper. I think I can still do well as late as round six on the other position.

BB52Big.jpg

The Colonels select "The Big E", power forward Elvin Hayes. Piece #2 in my "all 70's & 80's team." B) Thoughts?

I was giving big Moses some serious thought as well. It came down to either best available in Malone or a guy I really wanted to draft in Hayes. Anything Chicago made it an easy decision. I also thought about going a different direction and taking my chances that the Big E would be available with my third pick, but the other position I was considering is much deeper. I think I can still do well as late as round six on the other position.

I think both Moses and Elvin are too of the most underated guys in NBA history, especially Hayes.

You look at the years played, the offensive numbers, the defensive ability, the consistency he had every year as far as never getting injured. This is a guy who has a legit argument in my opinion at being one of the top ten players of all-time and to see him at Basketball-reference.com ranked 46th by the fans, one spot behind Chris Webber is a crime. Just take one look at the career stats and you'll see its not even close between the two as to who had the better career.

As for the way the draft has gone, another part of my motivation for taking Wilt over Jordan was whats happening right now. Big men were going to fly. I had 6 centers in my own personal top 20. They're all gone. 8 in the top 30. Only one of them is left, and then 10 in the top 50. So not only is there a dropoff its a pretty rapid one to.

I think both Moses and Elvin are too of the most underated guys in NBA history, especially Hayes.

You look at the years played, the offensive numbers, the defensive ability, the consistency he had every year as far as never getting injured. This is a guy who has a legit argument in my opinion at being one of the top ten players of all-time and to see him at Basketball-reference.com ranked 46th by the fans, one spot behind Chris Webber is a crime. Just take one look at the career stats and you'll see its not even close between the two as to who had the better career.

As for the way the draft has gone, another part of my motivation for taking Wilt over Jordan was whats happening right now. Big men were going to fly. I had 6 centers in my own personal top 20. They're all gone. 8 in the top 30. Only one of them is left, and then 10 in the top 50. So not only is there a dropoff its a pretty rapid one to.

Good point. There are plenty of guards.

BB52Big.jpg

BOOM. Just paired Jordan with Pippen (one of the best NBA players ever in his own right). Dynasty status. B)

Nice work. It helps to have MJ fall out of the sky, doesn't it? B)

If my Colonels play out the way I'm planning, we'll give you guys a run for your money.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm trying to build a team where every player complements the others, though. MJ and Pippen have chemistry.

You screwed me with that pick. :P I went back and forth on my second pick. I thought about grabbing Zeke second and gambling that Elvin Hayes would still be there for my third pick. I decided to roll the dice and take Hayes hoping that Thomas would still be there for my third pick. In the end, I decided PG was a much deeper position. There are still quite a few great PGs on the board.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived