All-Time Basketball Draft DISCUSSIONS Thread

mania

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my roster so far

Reggie Miller- Guard/Forward

Jerry West- Guard

I'll probably have Miller as small forward. West could be a point or shooting guard.

Miller was a pure two for his entire career and West was a pure one.

Tough to find many good three's out there. Its probably the position with the least amount of depth. Its usually for guys too small to player power forward and not good enough on the perimeter to play shooting guard, but your asked to pick up responsibilities of both positions. Not many guys that have made a great career out of being a small forward. Most that did I would clasify as shooting guards that could rebound. Bird, LeBron, Dr. J. Very few players out there that can do that though.

Every time I tried to add a new reply to the selections thread, to tell Tank he's up, it put it on the ass end of my pick.

Weird.

Anyways, I really like my frontcourt. Made it a priority before the draft and I got my guys.

Duncan doesn't get his due. Probably because people say he's "boring". The Marvin Harrison of the NBA, I guess.

The first round went nothing like I thought it would. There have been some very interesting picks. Real head scratchers.

Agreed, I diddn't expect Shaq in the first round, and I'm sure some people are stiffling about my Reggie Miller pick. But who we choose is who we choose.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The first round went nothing like I thought it would. There have been some very interesting picks. Real head scratchers.

Agreed, I diddn't expect Shaq in the first round, and I'm sure some people are stiffling about my Reggie Miller pick. But who we choose is who we choose.

Shaq's definitely a first rounder, but Pistol Pete was always hurt and there are about 40 players I'd take before Reggie Miller. Heck, I'd take Cheryl before Reggie

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Shaq's definitely a first rounder, but Pistol Pete was always hurt and there are about 40 players I'd take before Reggie Miller. Heck, I'd take Cheryl before Reggie

Didn't she drop like 105 in a high school game?

Tough passing up on my dad's favorite player as a kid, but I'm hoping he'll be around when the draft snakes around.

Also, I'll pretty much be gone all day tomorrow (12-12 at least) working RedsFest, and I'm leaving early Saturday morning for the UC-UConn football game, so I'll make my pick when I can.

Bryant was an excellent pick there. Getting an arguably Top 10 all time player in the middle of the second round. He was someone I contemplated when he fell to me in the second round, but couldn't pass up T-Dunc (and that might end up being a mistake as we go forward, depending on how 2s and 4s shake out.

Bryant was an excellent pick there. Getting an arguably Top 10 all time player in the middle of the second round. He was someone I contemplated when he fell to me in the second round, but couldn't pass up T-Dunc (and that might end up being a mistake as we go forward, depending on how 2s and 4s shake out.

Based on the board I've put together, there's really no going too horribly wrong in the first three rounds of this thing. Unless we make an off the wall, inexplicable pick (which has already happened a couple times), it's going to be kind of tough to screw up too badly early on. Where it's going to get interesting...OK, even more interesting (this thing is already pretty wild) will be in the later rounds.

BB52Big.jpg

I'm not 100% on the criteria, I'm simply trying to field a balanced team of favorites. I was shocked Kobe fell as far as he did.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm not 100% on the criteria, I'm simply trying to field a balanced team of favorites. I was shocked Kobe fell as far as he did.

As was I, and same for Larry Bird in the first round. I'll gladly take Kobe running the 2 with Bird at the 3, my teams looking good.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

As was I, and same for Larry Bird in the first round. I'll gladly take Kobe running the 2 with Bird at the 3, my teams looking good.

There's really no way to field a bad team out of this. That's why this one is more fun than the MLB draft. Just have fun and pick who you want. That's what I'm going to do.

I'm seriously considering playing my "old guy" thing to the hilt and not picking anyone who played after 1990. There's so much talent out there that I believe I can put together a great team with nothing but players from the 70's and 80's. B)

BB52Big.jpg

KG this early? That's the most surprising pick so far IMO

KG is on quite a few top 50 players of all-time lists. Seeing him go in the second round really isn't all that surprising to me.

I agree its in the top 50, but there are so many better players still on the board. I take back the most surpring part though, that still goes to griffinmarlins and Reggie Miller

KG this early? That's the most surprising pick so far IMO

KG is on quite a few top 50 players of all-time lists. Seeing him go in the second round really isn't all that surprising to me.

I agree its in the top 50, but there are so many better players still on the board. I take back the most surpring part though, that still goes to griffinmarlins and Reggie Miller

Dude, why do you care so much I took Reggie Miller in the first round? Worry about who you pick, its not like I picked Jameer Nelson or something incredibly retarded.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived