SFGiants58's MLB

SFGiants58

Well, here it is, my interpretation of the MLB. The process will go like this: I create an entire division's worth of concepts, receive and act upon C+C, and present revised editions of the concepts. With that said, here are the batterman logos for each team. The concepts will be released by division. I've tried to add some variety in color schemes, without going to the extreme of giving every team its unique color scheme, as I'm a bit of a traditionalist. Anyway, here are the logos, set apart by division:

6562580479_92e62ae50e_b.jpg

I've made sure that there is only one rwb team per division, if that. Also, I'm using a system on the batterman logos where the left side is the primary color, and the right is the secondary.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be following this series closely. I'm interested to see the Rays in yellow/red, the Indians in red/black, and the brewers with gold/navy. Will you be doing the teams in any particular order?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Well, the Indians are not black/red (they'll be in navy/powder), and the green/blue AL Central team is something interesting (hint:green/blue is the same as the city's basketball team). Also, the NL East will be first.

So green/blue is the Twins?

Because...

zq8qkfni1g087f4245egc32po.gif

spacer.png

Yup. Anyway, here's the first one:

ATLANTA BRAVES

Well, what is there to say about the Braves' current identity? It's classic, but it has some problems. From inconsistent color balance to a navy-red-white color scheme, the identity is flawed. So, I have fixed these problems, while keeping the spirit of the current Braves identity.

Logos:

6566526719_7aa12c33f5_b.jpg

That's right, I've replaced the Braves' navy with black. It's not like the Braves aren't familiar with black in their color scheme, and since a red-black combination does not exist in the NL, I thought it worked quite well. The gold from the axe stitching is now used more throughout the look of the team. Also, I have reinstated the feather logo from the 1970s as the secondary.

Uniforms:

6566526847_62404f1a7c_b.jpg

The color balance of the numbers and piping has been fixed, and the dark alternate has light text, instead of the ridiculous "outline" effect on the current one. Red bills are now on all caps and the feather is now a sleeve patch. Also, vertically-arched NOBs return (direct-sewn, not a nameplate).

Next, Philly!

I like what you've done with the Braves. Absolutely no negative criticism from me... the mixture of eras seems to match with the way you did it, the black looks good, I like the hat, and the cream looks nice with the red and black.

10/10

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I think the black/red looks sharp. Great job. My only complaint would be that 2 shoulder patches is too many; all you need is one (However, it looks as they are part of the design (attached to the piping?) and thus technically part of the design as opposed to a logo being put on. In that case, keep it at two). Bravo.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I really like this blending of eras and the replacement of navy with black. My one nitpick would be maybe recoloring the feather on the away uniform to black. Great work though and I look forward to seeing what you do with the Brewers.

spacer.png

I don't mind the black that much, but I would use a white A on the caps for better color balance and to keep a little tradition. Not bad though.

+1

Also while normally I wouldn't like two patches, I think it works well here. Great job on Atlanta, and I look forward to seeing more from you in this series, as I too will be following it very closely.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

The black looks good and it works... theoretically. In reality though, all hell would break loose if the Braves switched to black. They've used blue since all the way back in Boston during all their time in Atlanta. Their home cap is an icon - the blue hat with a scarlet brim and button with a gorgeous white script A - it is instantly recognizable and a very strong identity. When I travel I tend to wear my Braves hat and not once have I been stopped and asked "What team is that?" Overall though, the concept looks great and works as a concept, but only as a concept.

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

I love the Phillies' 1980s look. The maroon, the powder blue, and the scripts are far more memorable and far less cartoonish than the current set. So, I went back to that, while making the design fit more in the modern MLB.

Logos:

6591257537_bbc3527d08_z.jpg

The primary, which I have show before, uses a modified version of the old script and the outline from the Citizen's Bank Park logo. The liberty bell still remains from the current set, as well as the cap logo from the "Whiz Kids" throwback.

Uniforms:

6591257783_f2b67559e0_b.jpg

Instead of the "P" on the uniforms, the full "Phillies" script appears. Also, powder blue returns on the road alt (colored pants are a little out of date, but I think it works with powder blue), and the "Whiz Kids" throwback uses a more accurate script logo.

Next, the Miami Marlins!

Archived