Offside explained

nash61

In anticipation of the 2012 Olympics, the British Mint released this coin, explaining offsides for our not-so-football savvy British friends.

luk50ftb_2.jpg?w=300&h=198

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Just make it like hockey offside, easy to understand.

It really isnt hard to understand though. You can't be behind the last defender when the pass is made to you. Simple. (and yes I know the real rule says behind the 2nd last defender...but how many times is the goalkeeper not back there?)

1zqy8ok.gif

Just make it like hockey offside, easy to understand.

I actually understand soccer offside better than hockey offside. Though I've never had hockey offside explained to me.

Puck has to cross the blueline before any offensive players do. If the puck leaves the offensive zone, all the offensive players have to leave the zone and start again.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

In anticipation of the 2012 Olympics, the British Mint released this coin, explaining offsides for our not-so-football savvy British friends.

luk50ftb_2.jpg?w=300&h=198

This has got to be the best coin of all time. All other coins bow down to this coin's awesomeness...

What an effective device for the Olympic football matches! The linesmen will forgo signaling offsides with their flag and will now rely on a coin flip in order to determine if the player was indeed offsides or not! :P

What an effective device for the Olympic football matches! The linesmen will forgo signaling offsides with their flag and will now rely on a coin flip in order to determine if the player was indeed offsides or not! :P

But they will be confused with trying to figure out who is a square and who is a triangle...

I saw, I came, I left.

But they will be confused with trying to figure out who is a square and who is a triangle...

Well :censored:..the coin is now useless!

Fantastic coin.

Despite being American and football being a solid 5th sport for me, I've been able to understand offside by playing FIFA video games. When I first played one of them, I didn't understand it, but after playing a few more matches, I understood it.

spacer.png

Football's popularity and media hype is overblown as is over here, and now it's invaded our currency too? Ugh.

I actually got given one of those today. The rule makes just as little sense to me as it did before I knew this thing existed. In fact, I think it's left me even more confused.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived