NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

News for you all: I've seen changes for two NFL teams so far. I won't specify which two, but suffice it to say that one NFC club has been heavily influenced by Nike Pro Combat.

Was today's leak our "NFC club", Unwind? :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to take the attention away from the massive Panthers leak, but the aqua in the Dolphins logo is significantly lighter than the normal shade. It is more in line with the 70's-89 color. Maybe it is nothing, but you never know!

comparison.png

But the orange looks brighter too -- My guess is that it's just the lighting which is making the aqua look brighter.

6uXNWAo.png

News for you all: I've seen changes for two NFL teams so far. I won't specify which two, but suffice it to say that one NFC club has been heavily influenced by Nike Pro Combat.

Haha, the Panthers were one of the clubs, yes.

/

Is that the logo update you loved? (gloves dont show any other differences.)

The Seahawks have a color tweak from the Fog color back to Grey.

Looks like the denim blue has been replaced with silver. Oh please, oh pretty please. *fingers crossed*

I'm with you here. Though I think royal, silver, and lime would have been a great scheme for the Hawks, I'm loving the thought of that navy with silver and lime. That all said, a silver helmet is a MUST. I certainly hope that is coming.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

/

It is. The actual vectored version looks a bit sharper than what's been mocked up by our members.

The Panthers are not, however, the team with the Pro Combat-ish uniforms.

/

It is. The actual vectored version looks a bit sharper than what's been mocked up by our members.

The Panthers are not, however, the team with the Pro Combat-ish uniforms.

Not sure if you would know this but are the raiders making any adjustments to the uniforms for Al Davis? Kind of like how the bears have done so.

Looks like the denim blue has been replaced with silver. Oh please, oh pretty please. *fingers crossed*

The Seahawks should just ape the Sounders colors and be done with it. The soccer club's doing more exciting -- I mean, "Super" -- things:

super_cyan_4.jpg

Now that I've posted that, I wonder. Is there a rule that NFL alternatives must live within the same color family as the main uniforms? To date, I can only think of the throwbacks that have been completely different that main sets. When will we see a team go nuts and produce a "true" alternate?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Hopefully the logo looks better when not pulled off a glove. Just looks slightly goofy to me with that chin.

Is the Pro Combat-ish team a classic team that would shock us all, or is it just the Seahawks?

I don't think the other was the Seahawks, because he mentioned a combat alternate and the Seahawks have stated they are wearing a throwback for their 3rd uniform. I still think any team that had it's design created by Reebok is going to get an eventual Nike treatment. I'm really hoping this combat team is the Falcons.

I wonder. Is there a rule that NFL alternatives must live within the same color family as the main uniforms? To date, I can only think of the throwbacks that have been completely different that main sets.

Yes.

NFL uniform regs require that alternates use the same color palette. The only exception, as you note, is for alternate jerseys which are part of a complete trowback uniform.

Other than that, the league restricts the color palette of alternate jerseys for the same reason it prohibits alternate helmets; some teams would eagerly dilute their brand for a little attention.

I'm with you here. Though I think royal, silver, and lime would have been a great scheme for the Hawks, I'm loving the thought of that navy with silver and lime. That all said, a silver helmet is a MUST. I certainly hope that is coming.

I don't know.....the bottom color on the logo on the gloves looks pretty much the same to me. You have to remember that the bottom color on the helmet logo now IS lighter than the helmet color or the jersey and pant color. They did this intentionally to add a slight contrast between the seahawk blue on the helmet and the seahawk blue on the helmet logo. Also looking at the logo patch on the jersey sleeve, it looks the same color to me. IF anything has been done, they have have made the shade of seahawk blue LIGHTER to add more contrast. I still say we are looking at silver helmets, silver pants, navy jerseys with stronger lime green highlights and the new ligher seahawk blue as a trim color.

I don't know.....the bottom color on the logo on the gloves looks pretty much the same to me. You have to remember that the bottom color on the helmet logo now IS lighter than the helmet color or the jersey and pant color. They did this intentionally to add a slight contrast between the seahawk blue on the helmet and the seahawk blue on the helmet logo. Also looking at the logo patch on the jersey sleeve, it looks the same color to me. IF anything has been done, they have have made the shade of seahawk blue LIGHTER to add more contrast. I still say we are looking at silver helmets, silver pants, navy jerseys with stronger lime green highlights and the new ligher seahawk blue as a trim color.

OLD

seattle-seahawks-logo.jpg

NEW

nike-vapor-pro-bowl-gloves1.jpg

Looks like a change from denim blue to silver to me.

Agreed, compared to this posted logo image for print materials but it you look at an actual logo on the helmets close up and on the cloth sleeve logo patch, those logos have the same lighter shade of the seahawk blue as dipicted on these gloves....the bottom logo color they are using now is the same shade, a more pastel shade. Just sayin.....

OLD

seattle-seahawks-logo.jpg

NEW

nike-vapor-pro-bowl-gloves1.jpg

Looks like a change from denim blue to silver to me.

Don't read too much into heavily Photoshopped product mockups; they are notoriously unreliable.

I'd love it to be true, and maybe it is. But this isn't reliable evidence either way.

Agreed, compared to this posted logo image for print materials but it you look at an actual logo on the helmets close up and on the cloth sleeve logo patch, those logos have the same lighter shade of the seahawk blue as dipicted on these gloves....the bottom logo color they are using now is the same shade, a more pastel shade. Just sayin.....

Still looks much more silver on those new gloves than it does on this jersey.

p10931273dt.jpg

Archived