NIKE NFL Uniforms

29texan

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I second the "Don't Freak Out About Color Tweaks" notion. The Falcons outline doesn't even look uniform. It MIGHT be old gold in the left side, but the right side of the logo outline looks like the regular slver.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

426779_10151231220855721_57460905720_22766962_953177391_n.jpg

Just posted to Nike footballs facebook.

I never realized the Eagles are the only team to have their logo facing the other direction.

Bucs?

Nope, the Bucs' logo flows left-to-right like every other logo save Philly's. Sword points to the right.

A "hidden E" would explain that decision, I suppose, though I find the notion somewhat less than convincing.

426779_10151231220855721_57460905720_22766962_953177391_n.jpg

Just posted to Nike footballs facebook.

I never realized the Eagles are the only team to have their logo facing the other direction.

Bucs?

Nope, the Bucs' logo flows left-to-right like every other logo save Philly's. Sword points to the right.

A "hidden E" would explain that decision, I suppose, though I find the notion somewhat less than convincing.

The Bengals old primary tiger head, also faces to the left.

The Seahawks have a color tweak from the Fog color back to Grey.

Looks like the denim blue has been replaced with silver. Oh please, oh pretty please. *fingers crossed*

I'm with you here. Though I think royal, silver, and lime would have been a great scheme for the Hawks, I'm loving the thought of that navy with silver and lime. That all said, a silver helmet is a MUST. I certainly hope that is coming.

I don't know.....the bottom color on the logo on the gloves looks pretty much the same to me. You have to remember that the bottom color on the helmet logo now IS lighter than the helmet color or the jersey and pant color. They did this intentionally to add a slight contrast between the seahawk blue on the helmet and the seahawk blue on the helmet logo. Also looking at the logo patch on the jersey sleeve, it looks the same color to me. IF anything has been done, they have have made the shade of seahawk blue LIGHTER to add more contrast. I still say we are looking at silver helmets, silver pants, navy jerseys with stronger lime green highlights and the new ligher seahawk blue as a trim color.

OLD

seattle-seahawks-logo.jpg

NEW

nike-vapor-pro-bowl-gloves1.jpg

Looks like a change from denim blue to silver to me.

Don't read too much into heavily Photoshopped product mockups; they are notoriously unreliable.

I'd love it to be true, and maybe it is. But this isn't reliable evidence either way.

I can assure you that the Seahawks are going to silver...

The Seahawks have a color tweak from the Fog color back to Grey.

Looks like the denim blue has been replaced with silver. Oh please, oh pretty please. *fingers crossed*

I'm with you here. Though I think royal, silver, and lime would have been a great scheme for the Hawks, I'm loving the thought of that navy with silver and lime. That all said, a silver helmet is a MUST. I certainly hope that is coming.

I don't know.....the bottom color on the logo on the gloves looks pretty much the same to me. You have to remember that the bottom color on the helmet logo now IS lighter than the helmet color or the jersey and pant color. They did this intentionally to add a slight contrast between the seahawk blue on the helmet and the seahawk blue on the helmet logo. Also looking at the logo patch on the jersey sleeve, it looks the same color to me. IF anything has been done, they have have made the shade of seahawk blue LIGHTER to add more contrast. I still say we are looking at silver helmets, silver pants, navy jerseys with stronger lime green highlights and the new ligher seahawk blue as a trim color.

OLD

seattle-seahawks-logo.jpg

NEW

nike-vapor-pro-bowl-gloves1.jpg

Looks like a change from denim blue to silver to me.

Don't read too much into heavily Photoshopped product mockups; they are notoriously unreliable.

I'd love it to be true, and maybe it is. But this isn't reliable evidence either way.

I definitely believe you after all of the rumors I'm hearing up here. Plus, I really find it hard to believe that people are not noticing the color difference in that glove compared to their current logo. I can't wait to see the Hawks new look and this throwback I keep hearing about too.

Why not use the dog logo for Cleveland

The dog logo represents the fans of the team (Dawg Pound), not the team itself. Just like the old Hoggettes in Washington.

The 'Dawg' moniker was originally used by the Browns' defensive players as a nickname for themselves, as they used to bark at each other to pump each other up. The Browns being called 'Dawgs' was akin to the Steelers being called the 'Steel Curtain' or the Cowboys being called the 'Doomsday Defense.' Started in training camp in the early/mid-1980s and grew from there. It wasn't adopted by the fanbase until later.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Those colts gloves look painfully dull.

It's the Colts.

Remember, dull means "classic"....

But seriously, you guys really shouldn't be all the surprised to see these leaks. Remember when the Cardinals updated and introduced the look in the Pro Bowl before they revealed the changes to the entire uni?

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

It's the Colts.

I can't even tell if there's that "webbing" kinda stuff on there or not like the other teams, or if it's black and the blue is too dark.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's the Colts.

But seriously, you guys really shouldn't be all the surprised to see these leaks. Remember when the Cardinals updated and introduced the look in the Pro Bowl before they revealed the changes to the entire uni?

The Pro Bowl seems a good time to start the league wide introduction of Nike look. It gives Nike a chance to build some interest up before getting the jerseys out before the draft, so the new jerseys get full attention at the draft, whilst the logos get attention at the pro bowl. Smart marketing it seems.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Only if you presume that people actually watch the Pro Bowl. :P

Do people actually watch the draft?

But the point isn't that people watch, it's that the brand is dribbled out, just as a film studio quite happily dribbles out information on an upcoming movie, often upto a year before it comes out, to Jin up some interest and excitement. Nike wants people to buy new jerseys come the start of the NFL season, it has to start tantalising people into thinking what they might look like.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

It's the Colts.

I can't even tell if there's that "webbing" kinda stuff on there or not like the other teams, or if it's black and the blue is too dark.

coltsgloves.jpg

There's definitely black there

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Are they keeping the denim/pacific blue in the logo though? That's the question. The silver helmets (with the new logo that lost the vote to the blue helmets) in 2002 did not have silver in the logo...

The Seahawks "silver" in those gloves looks nothing like the silvers in any of the other team gloves...just look at the Patriots and Eagles gloves and tell me the silver is the same as the Seahawks gloves...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived