TCU Horned Frogs Rebrand

wyopokes2

Hello all,

I am doing some work to boost my portfolio and I felt like TCU was a team in need up an update. While I like almost everything about the frogs, I just felt the frog felt a little dated. I just wanted to freshen it up a little bit. There was way to many little jags and weird shapes. I simplified a few of these and tweaked some things here and there. For the secondary the Frog skin pattern would only be used in web graphics. Not too many updates, just enough to be somewhat different. Let me know what you think!

Click for full:

3645379.png?547

And because a old vs new shows the modifications better:

8082175.png?544

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like incorporating the two red lines. I would maybe consider a different workmark? it seems out of place with the rest of the brand. I really like their stenciled numbers on their jerseys, maybe something like that? IMO

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

This looks great, but I think that the new teeth on the frog makes him look like he is trying to hold back from laughing or something. I think that everything else is great and in my opinion, the inclusion of red looks fantastic.

spacer.png

The feet look a little odd, but overall, I like the direction you're going with the frog. Unfortunately, the other logos you have here don't measure up and don't quite coordinate with the frog well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I dig it. The only thing that's bothering me is the spikes around TCU, they feel a bit random. But I like the update-- more personality. I almost miss the red touches, though.

Good call. I think the next update is going to remove the spikes, possible addition of the red bloodlines (if not in the logo then in the uniforms/court/field), and obviously the aforementioned items B)

As for everyone else, c&c welcome

It is an upgrade and more modern, but if youre going to update the TCU logo, might as well take out a lot of the unecissary detail which the current logo has. Yours still has a lot of that detail. In my opinion, it could still use about 1/3 less (maybe even 2/5 less) of the jags. What you have is an improvement though.

Update #1...better or worse?

7432243.png?539

I love it! Is redoapolooza over? I miss that.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

A darn good TCU concept and one of the best in a long time. You cleaned the horned frog to the point that it is one of the more intimidating logos around. I also praise the wordmark by putting spikes in it. The Texas state logo is original and can easily be into a basketball logo. 9.5/10

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Tweaked version of the Texas logo is back. It's for the field and bball court only (maybe as a patch or helmet sticker sometimes) Here's what U envisioned the field at Amon G Carter Stadium to look like. Thoughts? Suggestions. I like the way it looks with black instead of purple, but I wanted to keep it from being too black. Next up will be various sports uniforms

Click this beast for full size

3207375.png?756

A look at what they have on the render for the updated stadium. I personally think it looks to plain

I love that logo at the middle of the field. Really sweet.

However, I don't like the endzones. Silver just doesn't really work for me. I would make it purple or leave it unpainted. Also, I would put the frog on the left side of the endzones so it's facing toward the middle of the field and not the sidelines.

I love that logo at the middle of the field. Really sweet.

However, I don't like the endzones. Silver just doesn't really work for me. I would make it purple or leave it unpainted. Also, I would put the frog on the left side of the endzones so it's facing toward the middle of the field and not the sidelines.

Good call on the Frog facing the middle of the field. I broke the cardinal rule of design with it facing the outside. I'll fix that and post some different variations of the field later tonight. Some different endzone marks/colors so I truly get the best combo.

Edit* Here they are. I like the first one best

8316601.png

7048662.png

8922990.png

Archived