TCU Horned Frogs Rebrand

wyopokes2

REally not getting the marks on the texas. Doesn't look very good.

For the series I wanted to do something that resembles a complete overhaul similar to what Nike has done at Arizona State. This is how I would explain the addition for the red into the color scheme. It would become an official school color within the Athletics Department. The use though would only be for this logo and other adaptations of it.

As for why I included the red, it pays homage to when it was introduced into the program with the Pro Combat series. This is because horned frogs shoot blood out their eyes in defense. That's pretty bad ass imho. I actually own the Tshirt below featuring the bloodlines on the back which was my inspiration for the logo.

TCU-shirt.jpeg

As well as being featured on both Pro Combat helmets

IMG_2682.JPG

Hopefully that clears up why I introduced it in a logo. I think it compliments the Purple nicely. I know TCU fans who love it, and some who hate it. I fall into the ones who love it so I am sticking with it in my overall rebrand and you can count on it being featured on all the sports uniforms as a subtle element. I think the logo is a nice way to pay homage to the state and mascot all in one.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think putting 'TCU' inside the texas logo would make it look a lot better. I like the red lines but I just feel like you could find somewhere better for them

Maybe use the current texas logo as an opposite 25 yd line logo and then put the 'TCU' logo at the 50.

Untitled.png

I know that "Texas" is in the name, but to me it still seems weird to use a state outline for a private school. Seems more like a public flagship school thing.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Just noticed the spikes coming out of TCU! I keep coming back to these. They are really great. And the red lines I love, I instantly got its from the helmets, and IMO you did a great job of incorporating them without overdoing it.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Just noticed the spikes coming out of TCU! I keep coming back to these. They are really great. And the red lines I love, I instantly got its from the helmets, and IMO you did a great job of incorporating them without overdoing it.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Man the Texas logo seems to be really love or hate. It was just supposed to compliment the revamped Superfrog with it. As far as it being a Private college I understand. I would say that it was more of a thing to pay homage to the recruits and fans who reign from Texas. I've been working on the basketball and football uniforms to maybe get some fresh C&C

Talent exists in Wyoming.

I've long wondered when/if anyone would ever take a shot at doing something with that frog...VERY nice job cleaning that jagged thing up. The feet are a little funny, but I'm also no zoological expert so I couldn't make any recommendations that way.

Also...I was never a fan of TCU's robo-spike numbers--in fact, I still don't like them. But I do like how you built on that and created a new "team font" out of it. Very nice.

Oh--and count me in the camp that says the Texas logo isn't really needed.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I love that logo at the middle of the field. Really sweet.

However, I don't like the endzones. Silver just doesn't really work for me. I would make it purple or leave it unpainted. Also, I would put the frog on the left side of the endzones so it's facing toward the middle of the field and not the sidelines.

Good call on the Frog facing the middle of the field. I broke the cardinal rule of design with it facing the outside. I'll fix that and post some different variations of the field later tonight. Some different endzone marks/colors so I truly get the best combo.

Edit* Here they are. I like the first one best

8316601.png

7048662.png

8922990.png

I prefer the frog at the 50. The red is a nice nod to the animal but not necessary for a full time team color.

Great concepts, I like the 1st field the best and the fonts you chose are outstanding. As far as the red lines, I would keep them in the logos because I think they add more to the concept because without them all you have is the state of Texas which is very boring.

spacer.png

I like what you are doing to the whole thing, tweaking the logo and going all out on the uniforms. First of all, I like the new TCU logo and the Horned Frog. However, the two red streaks have to go. I know that horned frogs use blood for defense, but it just doesn't go with purple and black. I'd drop it, especially since your uniforms don't include it.

As for the field, I would replace the red streaks with the "TCU" wordmark over the state. Put that version on the third field and you have a winner. With that new stadium and these improvements, it's possible that Texas Christian could become a powerhouse in Tarrant and surrounding counties (with the Big XII move of course :D)

i like the silver and black together on uni pick. can you use that as an alternate?

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I think you should have kept the TCU wordmark on the helmet along with the frog and also should have included a pro-combat like helmet with the red stripes; doesnt really make sense to have it on the logos but not on the uniforms or anything that would confuse the fanbase

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I think you should have kept the TCU wordmark on the helmet along with the frog and also should have included a pro-combat like helmet with the red stripes; doesnt really make sense to have it on the logos but not on the uniforms or anything that would confuse the fanbase

What, do they have an IQ of 40?

I think you've got to add that little bit of red to the uniforms, man. That would really tie the whole thing together, and I actually really like the way it sets their helmet off. that being said, though, I love the uniforms. Very unique striping idea, but it works tremendously. Add that little bit of red, and you've got a solid set.

Archived