College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the updates to the endzone and the fresher look of the new turf (grass would be much more preferable but its still an upgrade over the old turf). It's a nice blend of modern and classic. Though I really think those field marker numbers are going to look really silly in the SEC. Ditto for the sideline graphics.

Really wish the endzones kept the "Missouri" in diamonds, rather than "Mizzou". Alabama's endzones don't say "'Bama".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Really wish the endzones kept the "Missouri" in diamonds, rather than "Mizzou". Alabama's endzones don't say "'Bama".

Because Nike didn't just study Alabama for a rebrand and find Bama having a more positive association.

And who doesn't love a throwback endzone with a modern logo at midfield and typeface on yardmarkers.

/sarcasm

Watching the live demo for NCAA Football 13

Stanford does not have stripes on the white pants. I would be surprised if this was a gaffe, because the uniforms were correct on last year's game. Though, we know EA is notorious for making weird screw ups on uniforms

Watching the live demo for NCAA Football 13

Stanford does not have stripes on the white pants. I would be surprised if this was a gaffe, because the uniforms were correct on last year's game. Though, we know EA is notorious for making weird screw ups on uniforms

Let us know what else you see. I suspect TCU will have new uniforms, but don't have any confirmation of this.

To echo Brave Bird, the Heisman challenge trailer shows Jim Plunkett with no stripes on the Stanford pants. TCU unis are also featured in this trailer, though I'm not sure it shows anything new.

It'd be nice if they got Herschel's facemask right. EA sucks at attention to detail.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

To echo Brave Bird, the Heisman challenge trailer shows Jim Plunkett with no stripes on the Stanford pants. TCU unis are also featured in this trailer, though I'm not sure it shows anything new.

It'd be nice if they got Herschel's facemask right. EA sucks at attention to detail.

just saw the video somewhere else. TCU is wearing its uniforms from 2010 and helmets from 2011.

That may just be because whoever did that clip mixed and matched the uniforms.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Cool idea, but weird to see many old time greats wearing new age unis. Silly execution. I think it would have been much better if they offered the original uniform for the old teams the Heisman winners are featured on.

Not as weird as it is to see them in their rival's uniforms. The problem with the old uniform idea is 1) he didn't wear that one anyways and 2) he is playing with the pakyers from today's teams. They didn't go back and put in the roster from the year he won.

What is EA's deal with Cam Newton? Last year they didn't update ANY records he did at AU and now you can't choose him for this Heisman thing?

It said for select Heisman winners. I imagine Cam didn't license his image or something along those lines.

Cool idea, but weird to see many old time greats wearing new age unis. Silly execution. I think it would have been much better if they offered the original uniform for the old teams the Heisman winners are featured on.

Not as weird as it is to see them in their rival's uniforms. The problem with the old uniform idea is 1) he didn't wear that one anyways and 2) he is playing with the pakyers from today's teams. They didn't go back and put in the roster from the year he won.

Any way you could clarify what you mean? I'm a little confused. What do you mean by their rival uniforms? And who is this specific "he" you are referencing? And if they were the old players, why wouldn't they have worn the old uniforms? Unless I got it wrong, this whole post has got me a little confused. Help! Haha :grin:

The pic shown is the Green wings w/ yellow numbers, tweet says that "I wonder if it's too early to call these throwbacks"

Oregon is getting new uniforms.

Weird that they are using old ones in the pic then. Teams are getting their uniform shipments now and it very early for freshmen to be on campus.

Any way you could clarify what you mean? I'm a little confused. What do you mean by their rival uniforms? And who is this specific "he" you are referencing? And if they were the old players, why wouldn't they have worn the old uniforms? Unless I got it wrong, this whole post has got me a little confused. Help! Haha :grin:

I'll try.

It looks more weird to me to see RGIII in a TCU uniform than it does to see Marcus Allen in a new USC unfiorm.

The point of theis feature is so you can use Heisman winenrs on any team you choose. I am saying it bothers me alot more to see Andre Ware in an SMU uniform than it does to see him in a modern UH uniform.

It doesn't make sense for him to be wearing a 90s UH uniform if he is playing with the players on TCU's or SMU's (or even UH's) 2012 team.

Does that make sense?

The pic shown is the Green wings w/ yellow numbers, tweet says that "I wonder if it's too early to call these throwbacks"

Oregon is getting new uniforms.

Weird that they are using old ones in the pic then. Teams are getting their uniform shipments now and it very early for freshmen to be on campus.

There's a decent chance some freshman may have enrolled early and took classes this past spring semester. It gives them a way to ease into classes without the pressures of leaving home, starting college courses, as well as college ball all at once.

I'll try.

It looks more weird to me to see RGIII in a TCU uniform than it does to see Marcus Allen in a new USC unfiorm.

The point of theis feature is so you can use Heisman winenrs on any team you choose. I am saying it bothers me alot more to see Andre Ware in an SMU uniform than it does to see him in a modern UH uniform.

It doesn't make sense for him to be wearing a 90s UH uniform if he is playing with the players on TCU's or SMU's (or even UH's) 2012 team.

Does that make sense?

Thanks for the clarification. I completely missed that feature (and now I see the headline on the first screen of the video). I thought they were just additional video shots of the game to supplement footage of the Heisman mode. I didn't realized the players could play on any team. In that case, that's pretty dumb! Now my original response makes sense. Just offer the Heisman winners on their original teams with their original uniforms and it would be better.

Archived