College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Some poster over at Operation Sports is claiming he heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who, heard it from another....that Arizona is getting the pro-combat treatment this year, with a red helmet.

I wonder if he's confusing the new copper helmet or if we may see additional new uniforms from the Wildcats. Somewhere Kevin W. is probably slicing his wrists

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some poster over at Operation Sports is claiming he heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend who, heard it from another....that Arizona is getting the pro-combat treatment this year, with a red helmet.

I wonder if he's confusing the new copper helmet or if we may see additional new uniforms from the Wildcats. Somewhere Kevin W. is probably slicing his wrists

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I think a Matte maroon helmet with a black jersey and pants would be great.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I think a Matte maroon helmet with a black jersey and pants would be great.

No.

Leaving aside the fact that it's just flat out ugly Arizona State kind of own maroon and, since the rebrand, black, within Arizona college sports. Arizona suddenly coming out in black & maroon would be confusing.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I think you're confusing schools.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

No.

Leaving aside the fact that it's just flat out ugly Arizona State kind of own maroon and, since the rebrand, black, within Arizona college sports. Arizona suddenly coming out in black & maroon would be confusing.

also theirs colors are CARDINAL red and navy/blue ; wearing their rivals color is a big NO ; ucla would never come out in usc yellow pants

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I think you're confusing schools.

Woops, I read that as Arizona State :wacko:

Sorry, in that case, I think Arizona would look good in a 90s throwback, with the Wildcat logo on the helmet.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The larger, 90's-style A always looked better than the smaller 2000's A. I know people like small decals sometimes, but the larger A and the navy facemask on the white helmet was pretty awesome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The larger, 90's-style A always looked better than the smaller 2000's A. I know people like small decals sometimes, but the larger A and the navy facemask on the white helmet was pretty awesome.

I compleltley agree, I just think it would be cool to see what the Wildcat helmet would look like for a Pro Combat uniform.

Of course, I think I'm one of the few people here who likes UAs wildcat logo.

So apparently Under Armour is going to do another attempt at special uniforms for us this season:

Spurrier said the team will wear a special jersey in either the UAB, ECU or Wofford game.

"It's a silvery, gray-looking thing."

"I'm not a big fan of those fancy uniforms."

I don't like the sound of it at all after last year's failure with the no-see numerals on the Wounder Warrior sets.

A member on another forum said he has seen "conceptual drawings" but I don't know how true that is...anyone seen this and can possibly provide images?

So apparently Under Armour is going to do another attempt at special uniforms for us this season:

Spurrier said the team will wear a special jersey in either the UAB, ECU or Wofford game.

Then say you're not going to wear them.

I'm not sure how much sway Spurrier had in the USC AD. I would think, however, that the man's opinion carries a lot of weight in the world of SEC football.

I'm not sure how much sway Spurrier had in the USC AD. I would think, however, that the man's opinion carries a lot of weight in the world of SEC football.

Maybe he understands the importances of "those fancy uniforms" to the student-athletes he's trying to recruit and coach?

Or maybe it's just in USC's contract with UA...

Maybe he understands the importances of "those fancy uniforms" to the student-athletes he's trying to recruit and coach?

Or maybe it's just in USC's contract with UA...

A good bit of both. He knows the younger crowd likes anything different and new...and UA is contributing a good bit of $$$ to the program.

I think Spurrier realizes that uniform aesthetics aren't his territory so he doesn't mind handing that responsibility off once in awhile...although, like myself, he doesn't seem too crazy about it.

Yeah, that stadium is in rough shape and kind of a joke for conference visitors.

However, I did see plans and a sketch for some major upgrades to the stadium- hopefully those are sped up.

Archived