College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

Cool idea, but weird to see many old time greats wearing new age unis. Silly execution. I think it would have been much better if they offered the original uniform for the old teams the Heisman winners are featured on.

Not as weird as it is to see them in their rival's uniforms. The problem with the old uniform idea is 1) he didn't wear that one anyways and 2) he is playing with the pakyers from today's teams. They didn't go back and put in the roster from the year he won.

Any way you could clarify what you mean? I'm a little confused. What do you mean by their rival uniforms? And who is this specific "he" you are referencing? And if they were the old players, why wouldn't they have worn the old uniforms? Unless I got it wrong, this whole post has got me a little confused. Help! Haha :grin:

I'll try.

It looks more weird to me to see RGIII in a TCU uniform than it does to see Marcus Allen in a new USC unfiorm.

The point of theis feature is so you can use Heisman winenrs on any team you choose. I am saying it bothers me alot more to see Andre Ware in an SMU uniform than it does to see him in a modern UH uniform.

It doesn't make sense for him to be wearing a 90s UH uniform if he is playing with the players on TCU's or SMU's (or even UH's) 2012 team.

Does that make sense?

It'd be awesome if EA included the throwback unis for the schools of the Heismann winners as an alternate set, just for nostalgia's sake.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The pic shown is the Green wings w/ yellow numbers, tweet says that "I wonder if it's too early to call these throwbacks"

Oregon is getting new uniforms.

Weird that they are using old ones in the pic then. Teams are getting their uniform shipments now and it very early for freshmen to be on campus.

There's a decent chance some freshman may have enrolled early and took classes this past spring semester. It gives them a way to ease into classes without the pressures of leaving home, starting college courses, as well as college ball all at once.

I know plenty do that at TCU, but I've never seen them take pics in a uniform they'll never wear.

Have we not seen a photo of the new line of uniforms for TCU? What it looked like the uniforms are exactly the same, but they added an anthricate alternate. And I guess the shinier frog skin helmet is new?

Correct me if I'm wrong on these statements. I've had trouble keeping up with TCU as they like to mix and match new and old stuff so often

The pic shown is the Green wings w/ yellow numbers, tweet says that "I wonder if it's too early to call these throwbacks"

Weird that they are using old ones in the pic then. Teams are getting their uniform shipments now and it very early for freshmen to be on campus.

There's a decent chance some freshman may have enrolled early and took classes this past spring semester. It gives them a way to ease into classes without the pressures of leaving home, starting college courses, as well as college ball all at once.

I know plenty do that at TCU, but I've never seen them take pics in a uniform they'll never wear.

early enrollment has zero to do with academics and everything to do with getting a spring practice under a kid's belt. as far as the old unis go I'm sure they are just for media guide individual photos that will most likely be cropped and photoshopped.

Not to mention it's been pretty tight lipped about new uniforms aside from a very few cues and hints (spring game uniforms, Rose Bowl uniforms, spring game merch, something I saw a while ago about the Rose Bowl uni's being available in June). So I'm not really surprised that they'd put them in the old uni's, you know how Nike will sometimes go to great lengths to protect a new design coming. Also Oregon has a track record of getting products kinda late (carbon fiber helmets) after they are revealed so maybe this is just damage control. Who knows, I'm the edge of my proverbial seat though

I like the updates to the endzone and the fresher look of the new turf (grass would be much more preferable but its still an upgrade over the old turf). It's a nice blend of modern and classic. Though I really think those field marker numbers are going to look really silly in the SEC. Ditto for the sideline graphics.

Ahe sideline graphics really are going to be seen? Won't the players standing behind the coaching staff, team benches, and other equipment will be covering it. I can see that the team box was not marked yet, but I looked at some overhead shots of Faurot Field during games and all of those things are covering where the graphic is.

Have we not seen a photo of the new line of uniforms for TCU? What it looked like the uniforms are exactly the same, but they added an anthricate alternate. And I guess the shinier frog skin helmet is new?

Correct me if I'm wrong on these statements. I've had trouble keeping up with TCU as they like to mix and match new and old stuff so often

We have a photo that TCU tweeted that said 'new uniforms' but the only new one was the anthracite one. The others didn't change at all. I have heard hints that there will be new ones. The 2012 uniforms aren't in yet. TCU only has one grey uniform (#55) to show recruits.

The liquid chrome helmet would be new, but has not yet been confirmed. ;)

That Oregon picture is from the beginning of last season. The then #32 Colt Lyerla changed his number to 15 in the spring, so this picture has to be from the fall.

That makes more sense to me.

I hope Oregon keeps the green jersey/yellow numbers combo. Even when paired with black/silver helmets or pants, that is an extremely good-looking jersey.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

That Oregon picture is from the beginning of last season. The then #32 Colt Lyerla changed his number to 15 in the spring, so this picture has to be from the fall.

Orrrrrrrr that's Evan Baylis, the new #32 who is also white and a TE who is enrolled early and is a freshman

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=3378&SPID=233&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=205409480&Q_SEASON=2012

You're right, the pic is old, so was his RT apparently. My bad.

Although still kinda curious considering his position with FB in the athletic department. I'm 95% sure the Ducks are getting new uniforms. We'll find out soon I'm sure.

No, not at all. Most teams don't get jerseys until much later in the summer. I know at many schools, the full set of jerseys don't come in until fall camp has started. It's even common for old stock to be used for team photo/media day. At a lot of schools, for these freshman head shots in the summer, players don't even wear the correct number.

No, not at all. Most teams don't get jerseys until much later in the summer. I know at many schools, the full set of jerseys don't come in until fall camp has started. It's even common for old stock to be used for team photo/media day. At a lot of schools, for these freshman head shots in the summer, players don't even wear the correct number.

As someone who's been around it, I still maintain that it is. The player in this pic is wearing pants, gloves and holding a helmet, so it obviously isn't for a head shot. I know when teams get uniforms. I also know that the ones I've been around don't take freshman pics in last year's uniforms the first weekend freshmen can be on campus in the summer. Of course tons of teams wear last year's uniforms for these kind of pictures, but most teams don't change uniforms from year to year.

gdu, no offense, but BRice knows more about equipment management than you do. Don't pretend you know more than he does.

gdu, no offense, but BRice knows more about equipment management than you do. Don't pretend you know more than he does.

And how exactly do you know what I know?

I never said anything about what he did, or didn't, know. I am only speaking from my experience.

I never said anything about what he did, or didn't, know. I am only speaking from my experience.

You have great connections and know a lot. But I also know that you're an outsider that doesnt work for the school, as you have said so yourself. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt you've worked a day in the equipment cages. Like I said, please don't take offense. In my mind, BRice is the SME based on his experience with college teams.

You have great connections and know a lot. But I also know that you're an outsider that doesnt work for the school, as you have said so yourself. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt you've worked a day in the equipment cages. Like I said, please don't take offense. In my mind, BRice is the SME based on his experience with college teams.

I didn't realize you had to work for a the school to know when equipment gets in, when pictures are taken and what gets worn for those pictures. Again, I am speaking about what I know about the process. I'm not guessing or saying what someone else does or doesn't know.

Archived