College Football 2012 Season

wILL-INI

I found this online and appears to be a mock-up* of the design.

university-of-maryland-byrd-stadium-black-or-pewter-field.jpg

*Fan mock-up.

But I have the sneaky suspicion that it will be pretty close to what they will actually do. Those players are gonna COOK on that field! *

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Fan mock-up.

But I have the sneaky suspicion that it will be pretty close to what they will actually do. Those players are gonna COOK on that field! *

My buddy who goes to UMD was telling me Under Armour has designed a type of field that won't get hot. I don't have a link, its just what my friend is telling me, so take it with a grain of salt. He was being completely serious though, so I'm going to take his word.

90758391980.gif

*Fan mock-up.

My buddy who goes to UMD was telling me Under Armour has designed a type of field that won't get hot. I don't have a link, its just what my friend is telling me, so take it with a grain of salt. He was being completely serious though, so I'm going to take his word.

I can't buy that. What he would be saying is that Under Armour, with no previous turf experience, has done in a short period what AstroTurf and others have spent a decade trying to perfect, an artificial bladed surface that is cooler or as cool as grass? Not a chance.

*Fan mock-up.

I can't buy that. What he would be saying is that Under Armour, with no previous turf experience, has done in a short period what AstroTurf and others have spent a decade trying to perfect, an artificial bladed surface that is cooler or as cool as grass? Not a chance.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing? Cause the reason it gets hot is the color not the material. Black absorbs the sun light and doesn't reflect as well, and lighters colors reflect them better keeping them cooler. So unless they found a material that doesn't do this while being black and is still acceptable to play football on, I think it's kinda far fetched. But I could be wrong, and your friend could be right.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

*Fan mock-up.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing? Cause the reason it gets hot is the color not the material. Black absorbs the sun light and doesn't reflect as well, and lighters colors reflect them better keeping them cooler. So unless they found a material that doesn't do this while being black and is still acceptable to play football on, I think it's kinda far fetched. But I could be wrong, and your friend could be right.

It's not just a color issue. A green turf field still gets hot as hell. It is the material that is the major factor in the heat issue.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

*Fan mock-up.

It's not just a color issue. A green turf field still gets hot as hell. It is the material that is the major factor in the heat issue.

Have the "scientists" over at Under Armor developed a strain of charcoal-colored grass?? Don't think so.

*Fan mock-up.

It's just a simple matter of installing a set of giant fans in each endzone. Nobody uses those seats anyway.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Bingo. The rubber in FieldTurf gets freakin' hot in the sun, even on cool days. Can't imagine the turf color would help, but it's more an issue of the rubber pieces in the turf itself.

*Fan mock-up.

and that material being ground up rubber tires...tire rubber doesn't absorb heat now does it?

*Fan mock-up.

Have the "scientists" over at Under Armor developed a strain of charcoal-colored grass?? Don't think so.

I bet monsanto has a genetically modified sod that will grow into any color of the rainbow

Some better pics of Arkansas' new unis. Can anyone say, "mismatched blacks?"

Alternate.jpgAwayJersey.jpg

What's on the shield on the black jersey? Is it the normal hog, or the throwback hog, or the old A-hog?

nm, just looked at it closer at it appears to be a zoom in on the face of the Normal hog...thats different....don't believe that Nike had done that with any other school's logos.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Archived