White Sox to wear '72 throwbacks on Sundays in 2012

eriqjaffe

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, white sox. How can a team that wore these:

2391042534_a78afabf30.jpg

prefer to wear their crappiest possible throwback where they look like a low-rent early 2000's Cincinnati Reds?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Because it means they should (in theory) also be wearing these:

tumblr_lntcaoq0gB1qk9es5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

prefer to wear their crappiest possible throwback where they look like a low-rent early 2000's Cincinnati Reds?

I hate the White Sox with every fiber of my being... but I just can't dispute how cool of a look that was.

Untitled.png

I am not that crazy about the uniforms because I am younger and didn't witness that era. Still, lots of older fans have soft-spots for those uniforms because the 71 and 72 seasons, in particular Dick Allen's MVP season practically saved the franchise in Chicago. Also, it helps that these uniforms are actually respectable, unlike the '80s set and the South Side Hitmen set of the late '70s.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

This photo sparked a major pet peeve of mine!

I cannot find the correct logo on a White Sox cap from this era! American Needle produces the junk on Melton's and Ventura's head.

Below is a better representation of the original logo from not only the '72-'74 caps, but the previous blue ones...

Sox72Cap.jpg

WTF?

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

I love that look so much.

Looks like a freaking softball uniform. HATE those.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-sox-to-wear-1972-red-throwback-jersey-for-sunday-home-games-20120125,0,1936476.story

It's where I sit.

I love that look so much.

>>>>

So do I, 'twas a great look .. their new throwback look more Phillies IMO

I've always liked their early to mid 30s look with the bat & ball .... yet I've never seen color-photos of them wearing 'em. Depression, guess nobody had much money for camera to take some good photos.

whitesox32-35.jpg

chicago-white-sox-1932-1935.jpg

They should do a 1919 throwback and simply not play.

Er wait, they did that last year.

twitter

Red pinstripes are pink from a distance. Also, a sock with a picture of a sock on it is too meta for me.

al_1969_chicago.gif

Other than the '87-'90 ones, this is the only Sox throwback I like. White socks!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Red pinstripes are pink from a distance. Also, a sock with a picture of a sock on it is too meta for me.

al_1969_chicago.gif

Other than the '87-'90 ones, this is the only Sox throwback I like. White socks!

wouldn't that be novel if they actually wore white socks again on a regular basis?

I am not that crazy about the uniforms because I am younger and didn't witness that era. Still, lots of older fans have soft-spots for those uniforms because the 71 and 72 seasons, in particular Dick Allen's MVP season practically saved the franchise in Chicago.

I thought the Seattle Pilots saved the franchise by slipping into Milwaukee under their noses.

Don't care much for the uniform, but appreciate the attention to detail - actually using the logos from the era instead of the similar current ones. Love the roadie from the '72 set, though.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

so the white socks are going to wear red socks?

If the Red Sox ever come to Chicago on a sunday in 2012 when the ChiSox break those out, the White Sox will look more like the "Red Sox" than the Red Sox will in their road uniforms.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Archived