2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

Everything is going San Fran's way so far.

Luckily for Detroit, this is only Game 1.... and there are still 5 innings to go....

You have to believe San Francisco's good fortune is going to run out quickly. It's been out in full force over the last 4 games.

EDIT: I guess not yet.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay this is getting riduculos test this guy all ready

This reminds me of how much I love San Francisco's hypocrisy.

Barry Bonds was completely endorsed en route to 756.

Melky Cabrera? More-or-less airbrushed completely out of the 2012 Giants season.

Double standards FTW.

Not really Cabrera was not eligible to return until the NLCS, and they figured not to mess with chemistry and force him back into the lineup.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Melky Cabrera? More-or-less airbrushed completely out of the 2012 Giants season.

Double standards FTW.

So they should continue to embrace steroid users, is what you're saying?

Double standards FTW.

What.

Barry Bonds was one of the greatest to ever play the game, roids or no, and there was a more laissez-fair attitude towards steroids back then. Are you suggesting that they should have just pretended he didn't exist en route to 756?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I have no problem with the Giants not re-instating Melky to their roster.

I have a problem with them not including his name on any licensed team gear such as their division champions shirts and (likely) their NL champions shirts. Fact of the matter is, Melky Cabrera played over 100 games for the Giants this season, and it's asinine for them to act like he didn't. The fact that he was never considered for re-activation on the NLCS and World Series rosters is more than enough punishment from the Giants POV. Not including his name anywhere on team gear is akin to the NCAA's long-standing love for vacating wins from programs - it's an insult to the intelligence of us by insinuating that he has was never actually there. He was, and should be noted accordingly.

spacer.png

The way Giants fans cheered on Barry Bonds as he practically trotted around the bases with the needle sticking out of his ass was contemptible. This is what needs to be done to atone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have no problem with the Giants not re-instating Melky to their roster.

I have a problem with them not including his name on any licensed team gear such as their division champions shirts and (likely) their NL champions shirts. Fact of the matter is, Melky Cabrera played over 100 games for the Giants this season, and it's asinine for them to act like he didn't. The fact that he was never considered for re-activation on the NLCS and World Series rosters is more than enough punishment from the Giants POV. Not including his name anywhere on team gear is akin to the NCAA's long-standing love for vacating wins from programs - it's an insult to the intelligence of us by insinuating that he has was never actually there. He was, and should be noted accordingly.

I don't think they're pretending he never existed. What he did embarrassed the franchise. Thy just don't want him around.

Archived