2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

So now would not be a good time to mention I still fully support the 3-2-1-0 system? It fixes the issue that exists now of regulation games being 2 points while OT/SO games are 3.

I'd support it more if a major competition would consider using it. :-P

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now would not be a good time to mention I still fully support the 3-2-1-0 system? It fixes the issue that exists now of regulation games being 2 points while OT/SO games are 3.

I agree that it's the best points system the NHL can use.

I have already stated on numerous occasions what I wish they would do if they stuck with a two point system, so I won't re-iterate that. Not that it's the best example in the world, but when there's a situation like two years ago when 41-41 Philly had to travel to 39-43 Boston because the Bruins had home ice to begin a playoff series, you know the points system isn't working the way it should.

spacer.png

It's hard to hate the Detroit Red Wings.

*Checks recent Stanley Cup Finals matchups*

... nope... not here it isn't.

*Checks the last 25 years of his life*

So do you seriously just hate the Wings cause they're good and their fans are happy about it?

So do you seriously just hate the Wings cause they're good and their fans are happy about it?

No.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

No.

Ok, what is it then?

Can't believe we have to sit here writing freaking term papers on why we don't like the Red Wings and Canucks. It's practically self-evident. Anyone involved in this is being intentionally difficult or unintentionally dumb.

So, um, whoa, didn't realize Sam Gagner was actually awful. I thought he was fairly high on their depth chart! Nice to see the Blackhawks turn into the total laughingstock of a league that at last glance still has the Blue Jackets in it. This franchise really death-spiraled on us, huh.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Can't believe we have to sit here writing freaking term papers on why we don't like the Red Wings and Canucks. It's practically self-evident. Anyone involved in this is being intentionally difficult or unintentionally dumb.

So, um, whoa, didn't realize Sam Gagner was actually awful. I thought he was fairly high on their depth chart! Nice to see the Blackhawks turn into the total laughingstock of a league that at last glance still has the Blue Jackets in it. This franchise really death-spiraled on us, huh.

Man, if being a few points out of first is a death spiral, I'd like my team to death spiral every year.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

As a Hawks fan currently in sane-mode, I am eagerly anticipating seeing reaction from the truly insane when the blackhawks don't pick up anyone worth a damn at the deadline.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Charger's a Leafs fan. As an I. The Red Wings are rivals of the Leafs. Hence why we don't like them. Seems straight forward, no?

My fellow hawk fans would maybe, MAYBE be satisfied if:

• the hawks trade kane
  • they acquired ryan miller
  • 2 random awesome defensemen
  • a true 2nd line center

then maybe they'll be just ok. But then everybody would be made because it's not Crawford's fault or something...

Even I, an irrational douchelord, am exhausted of some of the hair-yanking and end of days prophecies. I'm honestly at this point just looking to the offseason, because I don't feel that the hawks are going to pull the trigger on any trade of note. As for 2012, they'll gamble low on vets and cheap expiring contracts to allow more line versatility while dumping the useless trim like Bickell and LePisto.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You can't give up on Kane now or ever. Too much invested in him. The p.r. disaster of trading the #1 overall who scored the Cup-winning goal would be too much to bear. Just gotta hope he pulls out of the funk he's in, for whatever reason he's in it.

It's just so frustrating to watch how far the team has fallen from one that could seemingly do no wrong to one that can do no right. A lot of that is on Crawford being Steve Mason bad, but they're lost on defense/power play/penalty kill. I blame Quenneville's useless toady Mike Kitchen in large part.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You can't give up on Kane now or ever. Too much invested in him. The p.r. disaster of trading the #1 overall who scored the Cup-winning goal would be too much to bear. Just gotta hope he pulls out of the funk he's in, for whatever reason he's in it.

It's just so frustrating to watch how far the team has fallen from one that could seemingly do no wrong to one that can do no right. A lot of that is on Crawford being Steve Mason bad, but they're lost on defense/power play/penalty kill. I blame Quenneville's useless toady Mike Kitchen in large part.

I agree that they shouldn't and won't trade Kane. Guy will be good again, this is just a Wierd/Bad year for him. Kitchen sucks but he lives in Quade's gym bag, so unless Q gets axed he's not going anywhere. Defense/special teams is a total unmitigated disaster of epic proportions. It blows when they draw penalties because even the guys on the ice hang their heads knowing it's time for 2 minutes of bad passes and puck clears.

BUT because they are in the position that they're in, I don't see how they can't make the playoffs, and as corny as it is to say it "anything can happen." For that reason alone I don't see why they'd mortage Rockford and the juniors to bring in a couple high-end rentals. This 2012 team was built for a cup run, but it's been exposed as a terribly fragile and mercurial group of guys who live and die with lady luck.

As much as it pains me, I've been putting down the kool-aid and trying to see the forest through the trees for this team's near future beyond this strange 2012 season.

twitter

I'm resigned to the fact that it's best not to contend anymore. If anything, see what Jamal Mayers can get you.

Based on history, Dion Phaneuf.

Don't remind me. Anyone want Matt Stajan for a 7th Round pick in 2015?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Why do the motives for liking or hating a team concern you so much?

Just curious that's all. The Red Wings have never bothered me but they obviously drive you nuts. I'm just wondering what it is exactly that causes you to hate them so much. I guess I'm just dumb though for not understanding.

I also find it funny that people like to give Canucks fans a hard time for being upright but the most bent out of shape members on these board are Hawks fans.

Archived