2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

The Blue Jackets are willing to listen for offers on Rick Nash. Wasn't available last week, now he's available for the right team. A team that obviously has a better shot at the Cup, and is willing to part with some top prospects and a first rounder or two.

Ye olde link.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I'd feel better about a Rick Nash trade if Scott Howson wasn't the guy behind the deal. I don't see how this could end well with niles making the move.

#firehowson

Exactly my thoughts. Here's my take, don't trade Nash or Carter. Fire the entire staff, draft Yakupov or Grigorenko. Start from scratch, fire Howson, and start over with the guys you got. I mean the contracts that Wiz, Methot, Tyutin have are pretty bad. I don't think it's as grave as some think, but of course one playoff spot in your history will change many opinions.

I feel bad for Rick Nash. He's such a wasted talent having played 10 years with nobodys. It's been a decade and they're in pretty much the same position as they were in day 1.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Eklund is reporting Nash to the Kings for Bernier, Penner and prospects.

Which clearly means He'll stay in Columbus.

Bob McKenzie @TSNBobMcKenzie

If people ask about a trade rumor that's just so ridiculously nonsensical -- I mean, if it makes no sense -- I'm not even going to respond.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I hate to say it but Jonathan Bernier is the only Kings player that 1. they will trade and 2. has any value. I don't want to see him go, though. With Mike Richards and Simon Gagne (although he's been out since 12/26), are they scoring? 2.175 goals a game won't cut it. Rick Nash would be the leading goal scorer on the team (18 over Kopitar's 17), and although playing up to 23 games less than some of his teammates (that's 40% of the season missed at the time of writing), Gagne is still seventh in points.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Injuries can't stop for the Flames. Olli Jokinen hurt in warmup.

He just scored though, 2-0 CGY 10 minutes in.

Yeah, I'm at the game, looked worse then it did, thought he hit a rough spot of ice and screwed his knee up, but turns out it was just a puck.

Let's take a look at Mike Komisarek's Leafs career:

Year 1: Atrocious. He gets a pass because it's his first year under a big deal and tried to do too much. Also, injuries limited him to ~34 games.

Year 2: Atrocious. Fine, it's his first full year, we'll give him another pass.

Year 3: Atrocious. There's no excuse for his embarrassing play. He's not a 22-year old, he's 30. The only thing he's remotely good at is hitting, which he goes out of his way to do, often leading to terrible penalties and getting out of position. You'd think 5 games in a row as a healthy scratch would get a message across, but apparently not. This game, he runs up at a guy to take a hit, leaving Phaneuf stranded n a 2-on-1, and letting the Flames score. Then later on, he charges at a guy with the puck 15 feet in front of him and takes an idiotic interference (or was it roughing?) penalty. I know Burke is gonna defend his signing of him, but he speaks so highly of him. I don't think I can take 2 more years of this, let alone at $4.5M. I wouldn't be surprised to see him with the Marlies in '14. I'm so thankful for our defense depth because it means a) that he'll be scratched more often and b ) he may get traded. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm missing the days of LOLebda.

Just asking Kings fans, how is Hickey doing? Is he still a big part of their future or is he expendable (i.e. to get a scorer)?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I hate to say it but Jonathan Bernier is the only Kings player that 1. they will trade and 2. has any value. I don't want to see him go, though. With Mike Richards and Simon Gagne (although he's been out since 12/26), are they scoring? 2.175 goals a game won't cut it. Rick Nash would be the leading goal scorer on the team (18 over Kopitar's 17), and although playing up to 23 games less than some of his teammates (that's 40% of the season missed at the time of writing), Gagne is still seventh in points.

I'd trade Bernier, Penner, Voynov, and Lotkionov for a goal scorer. That would be three supposed future players, a supposed goal scorer for a guy who we know can score goals.

Ducks pull out another win in Minnesota. 13-3-3 since the New Year. Pull within 3 points of 12th place Minnesota, 8 of 8th place Phoenix.

Interesting stat: Last season, Corey Perry had 28 goals in 56 games. This season, Perry has 27 goals in 56 games.

Now, I'm not sayin'... but... I'm just sayin'.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

9 straight losses for the mighty Blackhawk. Season's a wash, these guys are going to shut it down. They gave everything they had out there but it was still their own mistakes that cost them the game. Toews with a dumbass turnover that led to a goal, Emery let in some nonsense goals, Keith redirected a shot into his own net.

Team full of morons.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Gah, I'm driving to Columbus this weekend to watch this. Against that.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived