2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

The Chicago Blackhawks were voted the No. 1 "Team You'd Like To Play For" in an NHL player poll conducted jointly by the NHL Players' Association and CBC's "Hockey Night In Canada".

Yeah, because they'll give you lots of money without demanding that you play particularly well. Isn't that right, Duncan Keith, Patrick Kane, Michael Frolik, Dave Bolland, Corey Crawford, Dustin Byfuglien, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Brian Campbell, et al. If you're Cristobal Huet, they'll pay you to gtfo of the country!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Caps are down 4-0 to the Canes halfway through the game. They simply do not have the heart and quite frankly do not look like they belong in the playoffs.

From what it looks like, the caps need a miracle to get in the playoffs. Either that or a healthy line up. Neither I think we will get. :(

baltimoreravens.png

The Caps are down 4-0 to the Canes halfway through the game. They simply do not have the heart and quite frankly do not look like they belong in the playoffs.

From what it looks like, the caps need a miracle to get in the playoffs. Either that or a healthy line up. Neither I think we will get. :(

But you only need to beat out two of Atlanta Winnipeg, Florida, and Toronto. Should be an interesting race to see if those clubs can really stay in it.

I still think the Caps will make the playoffs. They're too talented not to... right?

6fQjS3M.png

But you only need to beat out two of Atlanta Winnipeg, Florida, and Toronto. Should be an interesting race to see if those clubs can really stay in it.

I still think the Caps will make the playoffs. They're too talented not to... right?

Talent alone =/= winning important hockey games or making the playoffs.

Yes, but do you really have faith in two of Florida, Toronto, and what is the remnants of the Thrashers making the playoffs?

6fQjS3M.png

Yes, but do you really have faith in two of Florida, Toronto, and what is the remnants of the Thrashers making the playoffs?

If the Caps continue to play with no heart or urgency, then yes, I fully believe that they will be watching the playoffs a lot earlier than anticipated this season.

Holy crap, the Jets can finish in 3rd and knock the Panthers back to the land of wind and ghosts where they belong. I've been away from the standings for quite a while! I hope they do it. Winnipeg in the playoffs will be glorious. Unless the Senators finish 6th, because I don't feel that either team is very good.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Holy crap, the Jets can finish in 3rd and knock the Panthers back to the land of wind and ghosts where they belong. I've been away from the standings for quite a while! I hope they do it. Winnipeg in the playoffs will be glorious. Unless the Senators finish 6th, because I don't feel that either team is very good.

I'm going to the Winnipeg / Florida game in Sunrise on Tuesday, April 3rd. Hopefully I'll be seeing a game that's deciding the division championship. Tickets in the second row from $41 each on StubHub for this crucial game! ^_^

(Yes, I know I was going to go to Western Canada... but change of plans.)

6fQjS3M.png

Not to be a dick but over the last decade we did not see: Devil, Mighty Duck, Flame, Oiler or even Red Wing fans act the way Canuck fans did after a Game 7 SCF loss.

Oilers fans rioted after winning Game 5 of the Conference Finals. I recall a girl being shot in the face with a firework and several store fronts being destroyed. The reason you didn't see a riot after the loss was because the city cracked down and actually addressed the problems... something Vancouver police are clearly incapable of.

Also the amount of fans in downtown Vancouver for game 7 exceeded the amount of the fans on the street during their team's respective Final losses (if there were even any). More people means a bigger chance for their to be bad apples.

All I remember was a bunch of girls flashing and everyone getting drunk here. I was only 13, but still such a great spring that was.

Yeah, those three things go together well. ^_^

Personally, I'm pulling for Winnipeg to grab the division and Toronto to sneak in at #8. Why the hell not?

6fQjS3M.png

All I remember was a bunch of girls flashing and everyone getting drunk here. I was only 13, but still such a great spring that was.

Personally, I'm pulling for Winnipeg to grab the division and Toronto to sneak in at #8. Why the hell not?

I went down to the red mile twice that spring, tremendous it was. If it happens this year, look out! ^_^

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I went down to the red mile twice that spring, tremendous it was. If it happens this year, look out! ^_^

The Red Mile was outstanding. the majority of the fans there were of the outmost class.

Remember when the Capitals used to be a feared team to play against?

They looked like a team that was looking for an excuse to stop trying. Ovechkin used to be the most exciting player to watch....no idea where his head is at.

Washington needs to go after a coach that's offense-oriented. I understood why Boudreau tried to make the team defense-first, but the Capitals were much more feared when they were a fun-n-gun offensive machine.

As per Bob McKenzie, Tampa has traded Steve Downie to Colorado for Kyle Quincey.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived