2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Their last five shutout losses were 1-0, but they've definitely won when he's only allowed one.

Yeah, they have, they're 7-4-1 when allowing 1 goal.

WED NOV 16, 2011 FINAL: ANA (1) - LAK (2) S/O

THU DEC 1, 2011 FINAL: FLA (1) - LAK (2)

THU DEC 15, 2011 FINAL: LAK (2) - CBJ (1)

THU DEC 29, 2011 FINAL: LAK (0) - WPG (1) OT

SAT DEC 31, 2011 FINAL: VAN (1) - LAK (4)

SAT JAN 7, 2012 FINAL: CBJ (1) - LAK (0)

SAT JAN 14, 2012 FINAL: LAK (4) - CGY (1)

MON JAN 23, 2012 FINAL: OTT (1) - LAK (4)

FRI FEB 3, 2012 FINAL: LAK (0) - STL (1)

TUE FEB 7, 2012 FINAL: LAK (3) - TBL (1)

THU FEB 16, 2012 FINAL: PHX (1) - LAK (0)

SAT FEB 18, 2012 FINAL: CGY (1) - LAK (0)

Nice gritty victory by the blackhawks today to make it 3 straight.

The final minute of Sharks/Wings was pretty crazy, I've never seen so many missed chances in the opponent zone with an empty net without a score. Crazy stuff.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Burke meets with Howson in NYC about Nash

What I found interesting was that Burke "ran into Howson in New York." Perhaps Howson was actually there to meet with Sather?

EDIT: Just noticed the Jackets are playing the Rangers.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Well, between Burke, Howson, and Sather, maybe they were in town for the Bad General Manager Convention, Isiah Thomas keynote speaker.

EDIT: oh and hey, quality gooning at 59:51, Blues

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

...nesota Wild.

Must not jinx the Minnesota Wild.

Must not jinx the Min...

CCSLC signature.png

...nesota Wild.

Must not jinx the Min...

You're playing the Bruins, you're going to win.

The Bruins aren't playing with any kind of heart right now. They're not going to start now.

spacer.png

Nice gritty victory by the blackhawks today to make it 3 straight.

The final minute of Sharks/Wings was pretty crazy, I've never seen so many missed chances in the opponent zone with an empty net without a score. Crazy stuff.

I know, though what I saw was a lot of Sharks that seem to want to watch the Wings keep the winning streak alive rather try and tie it and go to OT - lot of standing around (I know it's nothing new) and maybe the really weren't, but it sure looked like it.

Also in my opinion TomTom the GPS (German Puck Stopper) seems to be playing better than Nemo, lately. I wouldn't be surprised if Greiss is in the net 2-3 more times in this road trip. Five games into the road trip and out of a possible ten points the Sharks have THREE! - I'm not sure how it could get much worse, but that was answered today when at least three players (Vlassic, pavelski, White) in 2 minutes or whatever it was took pucks to the face and/or neck area. I commend them for blocking shots, but talk about freaky. I hope all are okay. I think Vlassic hoy the worst of that.

Did you see the Final minute of Sharks/Canes? That was crazy - Thornton had an open net and went to shoot the puck - he fanned - Oh :cursing: well.

How the hell do the Wild lose to the Blue Jackets twice in one week and then shutout the Bruins?

Give a lot of credit to Backstrom, if it weren't for him, Boston would be up by 4.

t5ty54wyetw_zpsubqd9h5t.jpg

St. Paul Pioneers(GHA) Minnesota Skeeters(CL) Minnesota Lake Monsters(UFL)

Ugh. Very frustrating to watch the Bruins right now. Honestly, I don't really want Rick Nash in a B's sweater as I don't think he's the answer, but they do need a shot in the arm. Hopefully Chia can get 1-2 role players like he did last year with Chris Kelly and Rich Peverley. Speaking of Pevs, this team is definitely missing his style of play right now. Not having Nathan Horton also hurts.

Also doesn't help that Boychuk signed an unwarranted contract extension that takes up some more cap space. I'd rather spend $3.36 million per year on a parking cone - it would be much, much more effective defensively.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

...nesota Wild.

Must not jinx the Min...

You're playing the Bruins, you're going to win.

The Bruins aren't playing with any kind of heart right now. They're not going to start now.

Remember though, their opponent today was the same club that lost twice to the f'n Blue Jackets last week and then got blanked in St. Louis on Saturday.

CCSLC signature.png

And Hagman seals the deal with an empty netter, with 8 seconds left in the game :D

The Ducks looked tired, but this game came across as a much needed breather for them. The Panthers, despite needing to hang on to the Southeast lead, didn't seem to put up a whole lot of offensive effort.

Also, I'm disappointed they weren't wearing the red jersey tonight.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Archived