2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

I really dislike the shootout. Not only is it anticlimactic, but it really dampers the game that was played in the first 3 periods. Something about "sudden death" appeals to me in overtime. Slow, painful death in the shootout as you watch 3 players skate down the ice to put one past your goalie....not so much.

Nonetheless, the Jets and Wild played a great game for 65 minutes. I'm starting to like this "rivalry". I can't wait for the realignment.

Yeah, I also dislike it, and feel it doesn't count toward a "winning streak"

Thus I will not recognize Detroit's home streak, as two of the "wins" were shootouts.

Researching, the 75-76 Flyers won their last 20 home games, after losing to the Bruins in the Spectrum. They would lose opening night of the 76-77 season at home to the Islanders 3-0.

The 1929-30 Bruins also won their last 20 home games.

In the 1930-31 season, they won their first 2 games to make it 22 in a row, before losing in overtime to Chicago in the next home game.

The team then went 14-0-5 at home the rest of the way.

The 1931-32 team won their first 4 home games, before losing the 5th in regulation to the NY Americans.

This means they went 46 home games in a row without losing in regulation time. Just the 1 OT loss.

The home record in that run was 40-1-5. Nice run indeed.

sig-1.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know Nashville's need for defense so my point may be moot if they need D. But I would think this opens the door even more for a Suter trade. They can't come to terms and he wont negotiate in season(if I remember correctly)so maybe this makes a deal even more likely than before.

Just heard that Hal Gill was traded to Nashville.

Official: Canadiens acquire B. Geoffrion, R. Slaney, and 2nd round pick in 2012 from Predators for H. Gill and a conditional 5th round pick in 2013.

Hopefully that knee-seeking missile Hal Gill can find somebody in the Central Division!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

To me the bigger story about that trade is yet another line in the Geoffrion family gets to play in Montreal.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Bah, shootouts. Don't know why I even bother with them.

Perry with ANOTHER goal (29, 4 games in a row. 5 of 6.). Ducks with another point (7 games in a row). 7 out.

Chug chug chug.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I'm impressed the Western Conference is following the Eastern lead of top-heaviness, resulting in 28-30 Phoenix and 27-31 LA holding playoff spots, with 27-31 and 24-34 Anaheim squarely alive in the race.

Which is what actually irritates me the most with the points system, as 29-28 Dallas is actually multiple games BEHIND Phoenix and LA. I don't know how that works.

spacer.png

Wings are just straight up disgustingly good right now, still a pretty poor road record though. Not like it matters a ton right this second, come playoff time though could be a problem.

That's been the case with many teams, the NHL's elite have played well, but so far most of them have gone through losing droughts, now Boston's doing the losing.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Datsyuk.

That whole play was just... wow. Lidstrom's pass, Z's no look feed, and Datsyuk's move/shot. I'm still in awe.

His assist from his stomach was pretty sick too. Best player in the league IMO.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

Datsyuk.

That whole play was just... wow. Lidstrom's pass, Z's no look feed, and Datsyuk's move/shot. I'm still in awe.

I'm in that camp as well. He is absolutely infuriating to play against. You just cannot touch him. Everything he does is so smooth and just that one step ahead. He always seems to be juuuusssssttt out of reach.

His personality, speaking ability, and the dynamic of the Red Wings keeps him from reaching that true high profile I think too.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

Datsyuk.

I'm in that camp as well. He is absolutely infuriating to play against. You just cannot touch him. Everything he does is so smooth and just that one step ahead. He always seems to be juuuusssssttt out of reach.

His personality, speaking ability, and the dynamic of the Red Wings keeps him from reaching that true high profile I think too.

Personality? Have you ever seen him in an interview? He's flat-out hilarious. As his English has improved, he's let his personality come out more and more. Read some of these quotes from him in this article that came out a few years ago:

"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey as a team leader. What does that mean to you?"

"A lot. So much that I put an 'A' on all my clothes. I wear an 'A' everywhere."

"Pavel, you've played before with Ilya Kovalchuk. What tournaments were you in together?"

"World Cup. Olympics. Baltika Cup. You put that in for me. Baltika (maker of a Russian beer). Free promotion for Russian business. Maybe they send me bucks."

"Pavel, when you have the puck, how many people do you see that you can pass to?"

"18,000."

?I with Homer and Fill,? Datsyuk said. ?We special KGB group, me and Homey and Fill. We have European style, jump in and everybody shoot. Ask later, who still alive.?

Man, someone needs to get Pavel on Twitter.

Datsyuk.

Personality? Have you ever seen him in an interview? He's flat-out hilarious. As his English has improved, he's let his personality come out more and more. Read some of these quotes from him in this article that came out a few years ago:

"Pavel, you wear the 'A' on your jersey as a team leader. What does that mean to you?"

"Pavel, you've played before with Ilya Kovalchuk. What tournaments were you in together?"

"World Cup. Olympics. Baltika Cup. You put that in for me. Baltika (maker of a Russian beer). Free promotion for Russian business. Maybe they send me bucks."

"Pavel, when you have the puck, how many people do you see that you can pass to?"

"18,000."

?I with Homer and Fill,? Datsyuk said. ?We special KGB group, me and Homey and Fill. We have European style, jump in and everybody shoot. Ask later, who still alive.?

I have long pined for a Pasha twitter Acct.

Datsyuk.

"18,000."

Even tonight, in the post-game interview, he said "Oh, interview over?" as if he wanted to keep talking. Hilarious.

Datsyuk's a beast. One of my favorite players, and I hate the Wings.

He's kinda like today's Paul Kariya. Great player, but just a level under the best players in the league. Kariya had Lemieux, Jagr, Sakic, Lindros, etc. Datsyuk has Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, and Ovechkin (when he's on top of his game).

Archived